2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is what the Dallas Stars have to foist on us as their home uniform, the "DALLAS" word mark on the front like that, that's a major step down for the team.

I do own the old-style black jersey....... and it looks impressive, to say the least. The star-shaped one is OK, too. Why can't the just have adapted that to the EDGE template, eh?

UBwef0L.png

"I know it a little late, but we felt that it was time to pay our respect to the victims of Katrina. Many of the flood victims in New Orleans refugees have chosen to settle in Dallas, leaving behind their beloved New Orleans Saints. As a gesture to these New Orleansianites we have removed the green from our home jerseys to resemble the Saints' jerseys. We just want the refugees to feel at home and come support their new home team.....the DALLAS Stars."

-Doug Armstrong

Found this on the net. :D

That is assuming that these "New Orleansianites" give a damn about hockey.

Since most attendance and television numbers indicate that most of America is pretty damn apathetic to the NHL, I doubt that a large group of "refugees" from a primarily football crazy southern state will care either way...

...but the gesture is nice I guess.

I can see why the home jerseys have the DALLAS on them. It shows city pride. All the home fans will have the dark jersey with DALLAS on it. It advertises the city more than anything. While I know it's not the smartest idea from the home-away standpoint, it isn't that bad of an idea for the city. You are far more likely to sell a lot more hoome jerseys, so when people where them around, it will be advertising the city. It's even a good way to trap tourists into getting the jersey, to say "I've been to Dallas". It might be able to capture some non-hockey fans even.

I think it's cause the Stars logo isn't powerful enough to look as appealing on either a green or a black jersey. To be honest, the script does look better. The logo seems very important to the fans though, as it remained untouched, no update nothing. On a green jersey, it would disapear, on a black jersey, it would look muddy. Since there isn't much that can be done, they used a script.

yep. they tried it already and it didnt stick with the fans - why repeat failure?

Stars2.gif

you have no idea what you're talking about.

those uniforms are actually the most popular dallas stars jerseys among the stars fan base. anyone that has one still wears it, and if you don't have one, you're searching ebay for one in your size.

Absolutely! You see PLENTY of those at the AAC on game nights, both black and white versions. They are immensely popular with Stars fans.

"I know it a little late, but we felt that it was time to pay our respect to the victims of Katrina. Many of the flood victims in New Orleans refugees have chosen to settle in Dallas, leaving behind their beloved New Orleans Saints. As a gesture to these New Orleansianites we have removed the green from our home jerseys to resemble the Saints' jerseys. We just want the refugees to feel at home and come support their new home team.....the DALLAS Stars."

-Doug Armstrong

That is assuming that these "New Orleansianites" give a damn about hockey.

Since most attendance and television numbers indicate that most of America is pretty damn apathetic to the NHL, I doubt that a large group of "refugees" from a primarily football crazy southern state will care either way...

...but the gesture is nice I guess.

I hope doug armstrong isn't serious. they take out green and make themselves resemble the saints just to appeal to a group of people that probably don't even know that Dallas has a hockey team? if this is whats running the dallas stars, no wonder they can ice a team that tanks regularly in the playoffs.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

-Doug Armstrong

Of all the lame, half-assed, and likely untrue...

Yeah, habsfan, gonna need a source for this one other than "I found it on the Internet."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think the Armstrong quote was fake. Much like the Illitch quote about emulating the Lions in the Red Wings adding black prank on here.

Here is the EA NHL 08 screenshot of the Devils "new" new uniform. As you can see nothing changed except for the NHL logo on the collar.

media.jpg

http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offs...amp;mId=3392102

i always thought it would be interesting to see white piping around the black shoulder stripes. otherwise what used to be 'meh' to me, is now a thing of beauty compared to the dog pile thats been released.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

-Doug Armstrong

Of all the lame, half-assed, and likely untrue...

Yeah, habsfan, gonna need a source for this one other than "I found it on the Internet."

gul·li·ble /ˈgʌləbəl/

?adjective

easily deceived or cheated.

DEATH TO REEBOK

dallasnumberlessuz9.jpg

Yea Dallas' jersey gets the "Worst jersey to get without numbers" (And I usually buy blank replicas, so im certainly not buying dallas' jersey) but that aside i think it looks kinda good, its different, only complaint I have is the lack of green.

That looks like one of those cheap, non-licensed jersey that you can find for $14.37 at Wal-Mart. Except, of course, you'll have to pay the full $119.99 for this one.

Though it may not have been you. I find it funyn how when we saw the Canucks jersey we saw the compliants. Then somebody posted a concept of Willy Mitchell whereing, a Canucks jersey. This jersey was just like the Dallas one. Script but instewad of the Orca had the number. How was it recieved? Quite well people complimented it, said they'd rather the Canucks have that.

Then the Stars come out with a jersey just like it, and all we hear is compliants. I for one love this, not really the designs but it has something. something we've onl;y seen with a few teams thus far. It's unique. Nobody else in the league has such an emblem on the front of there jerseys.

I give Dallas a B+

untitled-6.jpg

Could you post a pic you lucky 08 owner !

if i could find my digi-cam, I would, but even then It's not a huge difference

looks sharper (maybe some redefining of the wing tips?) and the blue is definitely darker.....like the blue seen in the Kariya "pant leak" pictures....

heck, if i find the camera ill post it but dont wait up

looks sharper (maybe some redefining of the wing tips?) and the blue is definitely darker.....like the blue seen in the Kariya "pant leak" pictures....

How do you have NHL 08? Its not even out yet...

How do you have NHL 08? Its not even out yet...

It came out today.

Wade-sig.png

Archived