2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personal? It's a message board my friend, nothing personal here. I have every right to criticize something I feel to be wrong, and most of your statements (in my opinion) have been misguided by your extreme and odd bias against anything that Reebok does.

Look, I understand your need to talk crap about uniforms Reebok etc. That's fine by me. Just shut up with the personal, sarcastic remarks directed my way ok? This is supposed to be a civilized message board. Grow up.

DEATH TO REEBOK

I'd like to hear from Shaquille O'Neal on the new Leafs jerseys.

"That's horrible and awful. Horrawful."

Like seriously, what the hell? The last two seasons have been pathetic to watch. This is how they redeem themselves?

They better win the cup this year...

Good thing they're relocating to Memphis in a few years...

It's not whining just because many of us feel that these jerseys are downgrades. They are trying too hard. Most ARE downgrades to most people. I wanted to be openminded and feel I was, but most are just not that good.

UPGRADES

--Columbus. Using the better logo. Cleaned it up a bit. Very well done.

--Boston. Like the traditional look. Not fond of the shoulder patch or the strings (never am).

--Caps. Would rather see horizontal and the logo is not great, but the blue/black/gold was getting pretty old.

--Canes. I like the shoulders.

--'Ning. I know I am in the minority, but I think the new logo is better (still think they should use Florida logo).

--Sabres (vs two years ago). I know. It's the slug and everything we hate. HUGE disappointment, but the Sabres are blue and gold. They blew it, but it is still an improvement.

--Sens. It was the streak across the home that bothered me. Those were a bit over the top. These are OK, even though the template is not their own.

PUSHES

--Montreal

--Kings. They blew an opportunity to remove the wordmark from the bottom and have somthing servicable.

SLIGHT DOWNGRADES

--Avs. The standard horizontal stinks, but did not have much to go on. Won't miss the mountain trim.

--Vancouver. It's the wordmark. Otherwise would be an upgrade. Overall, positive, though as they have hopefully settled on an identity.

--Flyers.

--Penguins.

--Rangers. Feels like the top of the wordmark is pushed to close to the neck.

--Wings. Very slight. For the "A" and the "C".

--Stars. Would be a huge downgrade if not for the fact that the star pattern was there to ruin the old jersey. The white is OK (save for the front number), but the black is bad.

--Leafs. I like it and it certainly could have been worse. But they need a shoulder patch and a bottom stripe. Seems unfinished.

DOWNGRADES

--Ducks (vs. two years ago). The asymetrical swooping stripe is what teams did ten years ago. The colors are lame--should have used green or at least more of the orange.

--Flames. Without the flags, the white jersey would be pretty nice. But the flags and the vertical striping and the continued overuse of black on the homes have to render this a downgrade.

--Panthers.

--Preds. The wordmark and the T-Shirt.

--Wild. No green jerseys in the NHL. 25 years of the North Stars wearing green. They should have stuck with green. A green version of the white (with better shoulder patches) would have served them very well.

HUGE DOWNGRADES

--Isles. Did they not learn about what fans there like? Tradition (even if it only goes to the 1970s). Way too much going on here.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Personal? It's a message board my friend, nothing personal here. I have every right to criticize something I feel to be wrong, and most of your statements (in my opinion) have been misguided by your extreme and odd bias against anything that Reebok does.

Look, I understand your need to talk crap about uniforms Reebok etc. That's fine by me. Just shut up with the personal, sarcastic remarks directed my way ok? This is supposed to be a civilized message board. Grow up.

I'm so sorry, I really am. From now on I will neglect every misguided shot you take at Reebok or the design process regarding the uniforms, and let your obsession with hatred continue. Good day, sir.

I thought this wasn't true. The Coyotes have bits of stripes the run horizontally on the sides? I thought I saw a picture of that and I think it looks sharp. The Leafs should have tried to do this first.

Well here's my image, from nhl 08.

capnCOY1.jpg

Many jerseys from action shots of the game turned out to be real. I've gained a bit of faith from these.

I agree, that looks really sharp. I think thestripes on the breazers reallly keep the attention away from the hem line.

It seems like some teams who wanted to keep a "traditional" look weren't sure how (see Vancouver, Toronto). I'm hoping a year or two after these jerseys are in use, ownership and teams will figure out what looks good and what doesn't, and make necessary changes. That's the hope, anyways.

It is distressing that blue, red, and black are the only colors being used by the ENTIRE league. I mean, come on.

Well I don't care about what anyone else says, (sorry sounds to harsh) , but I like the Leafs jerseys. Their classic imo. Its not like they went overboard, or just added/replaced some things. As long as I see that logo the same way, or even if its and slight upgrade, I'm okay with that. Anyways they look "classic" to me.

Now can we please move on lol.

4kv29i.jpg

Here's a better shot with the away jersey (from someone on the Leafs message board). You can also get a peek at the numbers in the background.

capte57c731e98984b9d95djj7.jpg

Oh I'll be there on monday to buy my new Leafs monstrosity...er...jersey!!! I kind of like the outline on the captaincy on Kaberle's jersey. It adds a little something to the awfully plain jersey. Now if only we could get a shot of the socks...

EDIT: And we can...

http://bp3.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/RuhWLB...orsocksfull.png

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Here's a better shot with the away jersey (from someone on the Leafs message board). You can also get a peek at the numbers in the background.

Oh I'll be there on monday to buy my new Leafs monstrosity...er...jersey!!! I kind of like the outline on the captaincy on Kaberle's jersey. It adds a little something to the awfully plain jersey. Now if only we could get a shot of the socks...

EDIT: And we can...

http://bp3.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/RuhWLB...orsocksfull.png

Only if they used the same striping from the socks along the hemline, only if.

Well I don't care about what anyone else says, (sorry sounds to harsh) , but I like the Leafs jerseys. Their classic imo. Its not like they went overboard, or just added/replaced some things. As long as I see that logo the same way, or even if its and slight upgrade, I'm okay with that. Anyways they look "classic" to me.

Now can we please move on lol.

They do have a classic feel to them. Could've been better, but there not hideous. I like them.

untitled-6.jpg

We heard from the Stars six months ago that the reason they would have to change their jerseys was because the star pattern would not work on the new Edge jerseys. The Avs had a similar pattern with their mountain so I had a feeling they wouldn't be able to keep that much like the Stars couldn't keep theirs. While not thrilled with the Stars jerseys I'm glad they didn't mess theirs up like the Avs. The piping on the Colorado set is in the wrong place. All the Stars did was copy what Toronto was doing. Except for the no logo on the home jersey. Ought to make for a visually entertaining game when Toronto comes to Dallas this year. :rolleyes:

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

I don't mind the Leafs jerseys. They definitely have a classic feel to it, and when the games are played on the ice, I thikn they will definitely look retro (because of the tight fit).

Why are people calling it plaiN? Traditional hockey sweaters didn't have any shoulder patches, needless accents and useless outlines. This is a nice retro-looking jersey.

Juventus.png

I think the Leafs new jersey is just WAY to plain. I like traditional look, but this is to the extreme. Looks like a practice jersey.

I like many of the redesigns, even some that are generally panned, but I need something more than this.

Ok sorry for going back to the Leafs topic lol, but I don't know if its me or not, but.... did they tweak the logo? ( minor tweaks).

I was looking at this pic ; ( I'm talking about the away logo )

http://bp3.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/RuhqcB.../leafsmodel.jpg

Compared to this ;

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=199

I cant tell. Maybe its just the fabric or not. Or I'm just really tired today lol.

4kv29i.jpg

Ok sorry for going back to the Leafs topic lol, but I don't know if its me or not, but.... did they tweak the logo? ( minor tweaks).

Compared to this ;

I cant tell. Maybe its just the fabric or not. Or I'm just really tired today lol.

Looks the same to me lol maybe it's just the bevel effect ur noticing lol.

lol.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Compared to this ;

The bottom portion of the Leaf itself (right above the stem) looks broader...

Archived