2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

mescaline, pegulated interferon and whippits

Whippet.jpg

Wrong "whippet." And I hope to Christ Almighty that's the dog's tail between his legs.

Oh, and BBTV, calling Pritch out on his hypocrisy and sheer stupidity was brilliant. A comeuppance for that post-count padder has been a loooong time comin'.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that any one of us could come up with a much better design than the crap the Avs will be wearing this year, were we given 2 hours, a beer and some crayons. That being said, I've got time and I've got crayons, but I'm fresh out of beer. For that reason, I just whipped this up to see what the jersey would look like were the old layout used:

Avsnewold.jpg

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

More importantly, though, was my point about navy and royal blue. Navy and royal are not one in the same. They aren't interchangeable.

Also subjective. I've seen the exact same color called Navy or Royal Blue...it's sometimes just a matter of what combinations of other colors are used. Here's one that I've seen listed both as Navy, and as Royal:

ColorValues_PANTONE281C.jpg

UPGRADES

--Sabres (vs two years ago). I know. It's the slug and everything we hate. HUGE disappointment, but the Sabres are blue and gold. They blew it, but it is still an improvement.

The Sabres are navy and "atheletic gold", not royal blue and yellow. Aside from the logo being terrible, their makeover was bad because it wasn't the return to tradition that was promised. At least the red and black look wasn't pretending to honor their past. Navy is not an update over royal blue.

What was promised? The Sabres didn't return to blue and gold, they changed their colors. They incorporated the original logo in the uniforms (3rd, back of the helmet), but they went with a new look, a look that is pretty damn sharp. This isn't 1970. Royal and gold aren't a combo that works in today's world. They got the colors right: Navy, gold and silver. A modern twist on the original colors.

Not a surprising comment coming from someone with "old" in their username.

C'mon. Todays world?

think that if the Sabres wouldn't go back to their original colors, they shouldn't have even messed around with it. These colors have nothing to do with the previous ones. The Sabres didn't return to "their colors".

You ARE correct - the colors are different:

BuffaloSabres_FRC_1996_SOL.jpg

BuffaloSabres_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

I think that any one of us could come up with a much better design than the crap the Avs will be wearing this year, were we given 2 hours, a beer and some crayons. That being said, I've got time and I've got crayons, but I'm fresh out of beer. For that reason, I just whipped this up to see what the jersey would look like were the old layout used:

Avsnewold.jpg

:notworthy: :notworthy:

as an avs fan, i have to say that i am glad that i got the two jerseys that i was missing of the old set to complete my avs jersey set. the white i have no problem with. i think that the vertical striping makes the crest stand out more. the shoulders are meh. but the maroon- the only think i have to say is aack. the vertical striping brings that jersey down a ton. i agree with saint patrick of roy- the old design on the new jersey would have kicked so much ass.

Just out of curiosity...how many teams actually list "Yellow" as a color instead of "Athletic Gold"?

Are there any teams that list both?

I don't have a single team in my database (over 6,000 pro franchises, and over 4,000 colleges) that list any of their colors as "Athletic Gold". Not one.

The only team that comes close is the A's. Their gold is listed as "Oakland Athletics Gold" :P

DucksCupSig.png

ChargersSig4.gif

One constant I can't stand about the majority of the Reebok redesigns is the lack of stripes on the hem and where there are hem stripes generally they are way too narrow almost as though they were an afterthought.

Avsnewold.jpg

Well they probably didn't do the mountain range bottom because it wouldn't "work" with the template.

Well they probably didn't do the mountain range bottom because it wouldn't "work" with the template.

Except that, as we've gone over time and again, the Avs were told by Reebok that the mountain range would indeed work with the template. The Avs simply decided to go in another direction.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So no more releases until Atlanta tomorrow, right?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Now I'm confused... if the Leafs and Stars can have straight stripes on the sleeves why did the Habs get that funky shaped sleeve striping in the same area? Surely they could have just filled in the colour between the 2 stripes and kept the exact design they had before?

liverpool-1.png

So no more releases until Atlanta tomorrow, right?

Plus the Stars, Flyers(which we have seen) and the 'Hawks.

Edit: sorry, got the dates confused. Atlanta is today, right? It's those other teams that are tomorrow.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This one shows the whole bottom

FrontUniform.jpg

the more i see that in comparisons to the amateur designs thats being released, that actually is a top 5 design. Id almost rate that after Boston and Columbus.

far as I am concerned all but maybe 3 or 4 are worse than any of Patsox's designs. at least he had 'paint' as his excuse, whats the NHL's excuse?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

sort of off topic but i got NHL 08 last night

so far the only teams that come with the Edge jersey already in game is.. Carolina,Boston,Washington and Columbus.

i urge u all to go buy this game if u love hockey..its incredible..i was on a 5-3 powerplay and your guys actually set up plays..i passed the puck back and forth with my d-men and fired a slap shot which was tipped in over the goalies shoulder by one of my forwards who was screening.

if u want to play REAL hockey..the time has finally come

Archived