2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Blues....ehh, it's a downgrade, but just about anything RBK would have trotted out would have been a downgrade. I'm mildly upset, and still debating whether or not the Rivermen look better than their NHL parent, but it's not the kind of livid anger where you pop in a FPS game and go crazy for awhile to cool down.

Edmonton fans though....may need to buy a GTA game or Halo. <_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blues....ehh, it's a downgrade, but just about anything RBK would have trotted out would have been a downgrade. I'm mildly upset, and still debating whether or not the Rivermen look better than their NHL parent, but it's not the kind of livid anger where you pop in a FPS game and go crazy for awhile to cool down.

Edmonton fans though....may need to buy a GTA game or Halo. <_<

Or just dont use the edge jersey in game. Thats an option.

The sharks are one front-number away from being a serious contender for best upgrade IMO. I think they are fantastic and an example of how horizontal stripping can and should be used.

The blues are going to come out ahead of the pack, but I still think it is a slight downgrade from last year.

The Oilers would be serviable with bottom striping and a patch (though while at it, may as well dump the pipes and put the stripes all the way around the sleeves.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'll chime in on the Flyers jerseys, now that I've seen in them on a figure.

They're... good. I wouldn't say they're an upgrade or a downgrade. They've managed to modernize the look while keeping it relatively the same. Basically, they've cut short the piping that separated the trunk color from the shoulder color, and widened the colors at the bottom of the sleeve. They've also ended the shoulder stripe at the neck, a-la the pre-1983 looks, which is weird, but not horrible.

I wouldn't mind getting one, to be honest.

philly.png

any chance of seeing shots of dallas, home and away, without gloves obstructing the chest?

and what about the uniform font? the junior team looked to use a bolder font, with more serifs, and i did not like it one bit. if you can get me a shot of a stars player with a 2 in his number, i'd be forever greatful.

My Takes:

Thrashers: Still don't like the one sleeve on the homes. Their aways seem to be a mix of the Flyer template and the Panthers. Overall C-

San Jose: I still don't like the new logo (it's too cartoony) but like that they went the traditional route: a- would have been A+ if not for the logo.

Blues: Not a badd update of their previous. It's still a downgrade from waht was an A sweater but still they have a more unique look when compared to others. B- because of the Piping.

Coyotes: The yoke is what the Maple Leafs should have done with their white uniforms. I don't like the elimination of the bottom stripes but at least they added the yoke to jazz it up. A-

Oilers: Horrible move from team with some tradition. They go with a look that is very much close to the Panthers. Their previous update I liked because it stayed in line with the old Gretzky Championship look. For as much as that was uniform was popular the last few years they should have been smart and stuck with that basic look. Instead they ruin any tradition their uniforms had. F

Chicago: The same as expected A+

I quick question for the guy that posted the screens. I can't tell but is that green in the stripes on the Dallas black jersey? If so give that jersey an A (I like the script).

RBK002-1.jpg

That doesn't look right. It shouldn't have the primary logo as shoulder patches, and I hope that's not the actual patch on the pants.

Hah! They made 7 different logos and they use the primary as the shoulder patch. So where can you find the full-body shark and fin on the uniform?

[

Just back to the Sharks, the fin logo is featured in the video as well:

http://sharks.nhl.com/video/app/?media=htt..._launch_700.asx

They call it "the shoulder fin".

Actually, Rusanowski calls it the new shoulder fin.. probably just in reference to the fact that the old fin logo was on the shoulder.. it isn't a quote from anyone on the Sharks officially. The shoulder logo you're seeing here is the full-bodied shark logo that can be found on the sharks site and message board on the right hand side. It's unfortunately compacted in the screen-shots.

whooops.. you updated since I started writing this. hehe

Two things:

1. I'd sure call the narrator of an official Sharks video "anyone on the Sharks officially." If he was incorrect, they would have edited it out.

2. It's actually pretty clear in the screen shot, and it isn't the full-body logo. You can see this on his left shoulder - the "duck foot" pattern that some griped about is clear to see.

RBK002-1.jpg

Two things:

1. I'd sure call the narrator of an official Sharks video "anyone on the Sharks officially." If he was incorrect, they would have edited it out.

2. It's actually pretty clear in the screen shot, and it isn't the full-body logo. You can see this on his left shoulder - the "duck foot" pattern that some griped about is clear to see.

RBK002-1.jpg

Dan Rusanowsky is only official in that he's the play-by-play or color commenter (I can't remember which one) for the Sharks, but isn't an official part of the Sharks organization.

As for the second part, the more I look at it, you're probably right. That's ... sad.

Dan Rusanowsky is only official in that he's the play-by-play or color commenter (I can't remember which one) for the Sharks, but isn't an official part of the Sharks organization.

Even so, the video is an official presentation of the Sharks organization.

The Sharks approved the video - heck, they almost certainly approved the script well before whatshisname sat down to record it. This wasn't some sort of off-the-cuff comment that can be explained away. It's a press release.

Is it just me, the video game or what, but do all those players look a lot faster? I hope if I can make it to a game this year I can still follow the action.

Back on topic:

I like the Sharks uniforms, I am not sure why they replaced silver with orange, but it looks pretty good. I'm a Flyers fan and am not entirely in love with their set, but they could've done a lot worse, and yes, I still wished they dumped the black sweater for orange. The Blues had one of the best uniforms in the league, but the new ones aren't as bad as I thought they'd be. The cuts of the fabric and all the piping is going to take some getting used to though, and I really wish the Avalanche didn't change their design like they did.

I love how the Blues made piping look good. I love the modernized shoulders. With all that came out, I can't believe they found a way to make a fantastic jersey look even better.

I'm surprised no one mentioned this, so I'm in the minority but I miss the Thrashers horizontal stripe with the arrows. But the piping does look good enough on the one-sleeve so I might get used to it. The away though is a mess, a collar with arrows with the flyers template, and piping, and a unbalanced look...nasty!

The Sharks should of used another logo for the shoulders, but it's a retro jersey and retro teams like the Sabres did that with their logos, so in my mind (and probably in my mind only) I see a connection.

The Oilers... :ghostface: A gastly nightmare. And to think the Habs were once proposed to look like crap also...

Archived