2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

nhl_philadelphia_flyers.jpg

Now that screenshot scares me...EA isnt going back to generic arenas again, are they? Because I know the Mellon Arena sure aint like that on the inside... Hopefully its just a default background for the jersey selection screen, which it probably is.

Yeah, it's only the background for the menus. It just changes the ice to the last arena you played in. All the arenas look like the real thing, even those without the license (eg. Boston Arena/TD Banknorth Garden, Long Island Arena/Nassau Coliseum)

I was impressed that the Ricoh Coliseum (home of the AHL Marlies) was fairly accurate as well

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RBK003.jpg

RBK004.jpg

Wow. The Sharks are the first team whose re-designs I liked right off the bat, besides Boston and Columbus over three months ago. The teal jersey looks really sharp and I had doubts about what the Sharks would pull off after adding orange, but I actually like it. Reminds me a little of the Manitoba Moose with the similar color schemes.

However, the Blues are who I've been waiting for (and who I'll be rooting for) and I have to say I'll be missing the old uniforms. There was nothing wrong with the old uniforms so the only thing new I was expecting was Calgary-like vertical stripes and piping, which I could have lived with and probably would have bought one. But these new ones are nothing special and I'll more than likely stick with my old jerseys. That won't stop me from attending the ceremony Saturday, but I'm really just going because it will be my first jersey unveiling in person and I want to hear other Blues fans' comments while attending the other festivities going on there.

Could someone with 2k8 or NHL 08 post a pic of the Leafs new unis in action? Please and thanks!

Yes please someone post these for Pritch... we all can't wait for him to make 20 posts within a 10 minute span about how much he hates them

You starting this too? Seriously, I didnt like them at first, but Ive seen them more and more and there growing on me. Now lay off.

Yeah Creamer, go moderate somewhere else, who do you think you are?

I may be the only one here who doesn't like the Sharks uniforms. Only because of the addition of orange, there's no need. They should've gone back to the original sweaters they wore way back when, those were a thing of beauty.

Could someone with 2k8 or NHL 08 post a pic of the Leafs new unis in action? Please and thanks!

Yes please someone post these for Pritch... we all can't wait for him to make 20 posts within a 10 minute span about how much he hates them

You starting this too? Seriously, I didnt like them at first, but Ive seen them more and more and there growing on me. Now lay off.

Yea, but you kept om posting everytime your opinion changed in the slightest.

Like me, when I first saw the flyers jersey I didnt like them too much, but after seeing them a few times and in the video game shots I think they look kinda good, not as great as the old ones but close to it, and this is days after I made my inital opinion, you changed your opinion in the matter of only a couple hours.

I just wanted to point out some things from the summer:

-23 out of 30 teams made at least one significant change (not counting detroits switching of the C)

Atlanta, Boston, Calgary, Carolina, Colorado, Columbus, Dallas, Edmonton, Florida, Los Angeles, Minnesota, Nashville, NY Islanders, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, San Jose, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Vancouver, Washington

-19 out of 30 have completly new uniforms

Atlanta, Boston, Calgary, Colorado, Columbus, Dallas, Edmonton, Florida, Minnesota, Nashville, NY Islanders, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Jose, St Louis, Tampa Bay, Vancouver, Washington

-6 teams have new logos

Boston, Ottawa, San Jose, Tampa Bay, Vancouver, Washington

-Only 7 teams did nothing

Anaheim, Buffalo, Detroit, Chicago, Montreal, NY Rangers, New Jersey

-The Buffalo Sabres are now in the Top 10 in the league for best looking jerseys. Quite a change from last summer

What a summer in the NHL

Magic07.jpg

Sabres will never be in the top 10 for jerseys with the buffa-slug. Not even with all the changes made to jerseys. The sabres jerseys look like the rbk practice jerseys with the yellow and silver added to it and the fugly logo.

I know you want to toot your team's horn, but c'mon man...no way in hell are they top 10 for jerseys. Hate the other team's for what they did, but in game action, they look a lot better than they do on a wooden headed dummy on which they are displayed or some cheap blurry camera.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

To me it HAS to go both ways.

The teams bare the final say and the ultimate responsibility.

But, Reebok surely was pushing their designs, and they allowed this templated look to creep throughout the league.

That's the biggest thing to me is the template. I don't blame them for pushing change, teams can say no. But I kind of blame them for not guiding teams to more unique looks.

Either way, it's wrong to get too angry at all one. They're both at fault (or in some cases the positive side of fault).

Oh, I agree completely. Lots of blame/credit to go around. In ascending order:

The League for starting this mess.

Reebok for pushing all the teams into templates.

Finally, and ultimately, the teams for making the choices.

In the end, the teams have to be responsible, because they're the only ones charged with protecting the heritage of their team. The League is big picture, Reebok is $$$, but the teams ought to have kept one eye on their uniform heritage.

wow those sharks jerseys are freakin nasty. sure, they look like a traditional hockey jersey but they are super ugly. haha. the new logo is terrible too. the whiet phoenix jersey is ugly with the shoulders....

on the positive side, the blues have terrific jerseys...the oilers are growing on me big time. can't wait to see them in person.

gagner3.png

nhl_philadelphia_flyers.jpg

Now that screenshot scares me...EA isnt going back to generic arenas again, are they? Because I know the Mellon Arena sure aint like that on the inside... Hopefully its just a default background for the jersey selection screen, which it probably is.

Yeah, it's only the background for the menus. It just changes the ice to the last arena you played in. All the arenas look like the real thing, even those without the license (eg. Boston Arena/TD Banknorth Garden, Long Island Arena/Nassau Coliseum)

On the 360, Mellon Arena does not look like Mellon Arena at all.

wow those sharks jerseys are freakin nasty. sure, they look like a traditional hockey jersey but they are super ugly. haha. the new logo is terrible too. the whiet phoenix jersey is ugly with the shoulders....

on the positive side, the blues have terrific jerseys...the oilers are growing on me big time. can't wait to see them in person.

Myself as well. probably going to get one at the joey moss

At first I was worried, but I think it'll turn out well. I know all edmontonians won't like it when they see it, but I know it will grow on everyone.

Sure would like to see the rest of the uniform though...lol

Okay... I have to do this. I have to call out dsgitlin. Many, many times in this thread you have shoved it down our throats that you think the new Nashville Edge jerseys are nice. A few pages back you said that you now consider Nashville and Atlanta to have great updates. Now, you say that Buffalo looks nice.

This is a joke, right? It has to be some kind of prank. Do I win a prize for figuring it out?

No, no. But I'm glad I've got the Nashville-supporting reputation. There seems to be very little support for those uniforms, so I feel it my duty to speak up and often.

It's like this: Nashville and Atlanta are non-traditional uniforms in non-traditional markets. They could have gone like the newish/oldish Phoenix Coyotes, but that would be boring. Instead, they both have futuristic uniforms with design elements that, while far from "classic" or "timeless," or bold, clean, and different. Where some see a "t-shirt," I see a different way to color a uniform. I think that Nashville and Atlanta did something different while remaining clean and, to me, that counts for a lot. Neither market will ever be Toronto or Chicago, so why bother playing that game? Do something interesting and polarizing if need be, but at least do it well. Florida tried to be futuristic and failed miserably. Ditto Colorado. But the hee-haw states? I think they ended up looking pretty good.

As for Buffalo, I was never a fan of the Slug uniforms, but I have since accepted them. I like their Edge uniforms (and I like the Anaheim set for the same reason) because they used Edge, but have striping patterns so far different from the rest of the league. Whereas so many teams went for the front piping (yes, even my beloved Predators), Buffalo has all sorts of weird accents and swooshes. Again, it's not timeless, but at least it's unique.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I just can't take anyone seriously that allows the monstrosity of the Oiler's practice jersey gone wild to "grow on them" ;)

Archived