2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nhl_philadelphia_flyers.jpg

Not too bad. Not an upgrade, but certainly not much if any of a downgrade. As I've said before, these are more of a modernization of the early 80s set than the most recent set. If they decided that they were going to make a change, this really isn't too bad (though an orange home would have been better.)

Edit: hopefully the white has some black trim at the bottom.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

After looking at the Devils one it seems the did in fact keep the more square "1980 USA Olympic" shoulders instead of the more round ones San Jose and Boston. Hats off to the Devils for keeping some of the more subtle details the same.

That's great news.

I'd be surprised if the Flyers kept the Black stripe on the road one. Looks too templated for that.

I would have loved to been in the room whenever those terrible Oiler jerseys were approved. Are you kidding me? They take a multi-Cup winning franchise that had a semi-iconic look (I was never a huge fan of the navy updates) and turn them into the Florida f'ing Panthers. What a total disaster.

I wonder what it is about NHL teams that like two silly stripes running down the front of their logo. Perhaps they fill out with shoulder pads, but a better reason to update uniforms is to sell merchandise. There are a lot of fat guys who buy NHL replicas that are going to look just terrible because their new jerseys perfectly accent their beer guts. I can't see how any fat guy would ever look good in one of the front-piped jerseys.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Thrashers: Meh. I still hate the unmatched sleeves on the home. It's just not aesthetically pleasing at all. But they more or less stayed consistently bad so B-.

Oilers: WTF? F-

Blues: Their last set was damn near perfection and now they go and muck it all up. C-

Sharks: Modern and retro. Marks docked for front numbers and repeating the primary logo on the shoulders. B

Coyotes: I like the yoke on the roads, they should've done the same in white on the homes. A-

Flyers: I'm fine with them, they actually look like a nice upgrade. A

Devils: I was meh on them last year and I'm still meh, but nothing changed so A+

Hawks: No changes. A+

Leafs: Whatever. B-

Dallas: D- (mainly for the homes)

I would like to say that although I am still not convinced hockey works in the hee-haw states (sorry, that still makes me laugh), I think that Atlanta and Nashville did a terrific job with the Edge templates. I think it's helpful that their uniforms were so non-traditional to start with that they can be afforded a bit of leeway with how their uniforms ended up looking.

I'm glad that Atlanta kept the "ATLANTA" striping. They showed that a team can have some pretty unique design elements even while on the template. Anaheim too. So what's Colorado's excuse, you know?

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I wonder what it is about NHL teams that like two silly stripes running down the front of their logo. Perhaps they fill out with shoulder pads, but a better reason to update uniforms is to sell merchandise. There are a lot of fat guys who buy NHL replicas that are going to look just terrible because their new jerseys perfectly accent their beer guts. I can't see how any fat guy would ever look good in one of the front-piped jerseys.

That's what I was saying about the apron strings. They even make players - young men in the peak of physical perfection - look fat.

I would have loved to been in the room whenever those terrible Oiler jerseys were approved. Are you kidding me? They take a multi-Cup winning franchise that had a semi-iconic look (I was never a huge fan of the navy updates) and turn them into the Florida f'ing Panthers. What a total disaster.

Well, speaking for myself, I can only hope that many will follow in my footsteps and not purchase any of this crap. Ultimately it's what it all comes down to. I don't give a flying **** if these magic jerseys could make the players skate at the speed of light and be able to deflect bullets, if no one buys them and they don't make $$$ they WON'T last. Period. Another period. And finally an exclamation mark!

RBK004-1.jpg

Doritos??? Way to go EA! What about Orios or Twinkies? We need more input on proper nutrition from our favorite sports games!

The new oilers jersey is just awful. This is my worst fears come true. It looks like a glorified practice jersey. How does san Jose get it right and the Oilers totally drop the ball? A sad day in Oilers history.

307381509.jpg

The number isn't even lined up with the break in the stripe! That would at least make the half-stripe a little more acceptable.

Would the Great OneTM ever have worn one of those? Well, probably - but he'd have looked ridiculous.

Also, why have white-orange-white sleeve stripes, but then just orange piping? Couldn't they have thrown some white around it just for consistency's sake?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That's what I was saying about the apron strings. They even make players - young men in the peak of physical perfection - look fat.

And, unsurprisingly, the NHL once again shows that it has no idea what its audience wants. Selling people unflattering clothes is now way to stay in business.

By the way, it should be said that Buffalo actually looks pretty good.

Archived