2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me it HAS to go both ways.

The teams bare the final say and the ultimate responsibility.

But, Reebok surely was pushing their designs, and they allowed this templated look to creep throughout the league.

That's the biggest thing to me is the template. I don't blame them for pushing change, teams can say no. But I kind of blame them for not guiding teams to more unique looks.

Either way, it's wrong to get too angry at all one. They're both at fault (or in some cases the positive side of fault).

We heard from the Stars six months ago that the reason they would have to change their jerseys was because the star pattern would not work on the new Edge jerseys. The Avs had a similar pattern with their mountain so I had a feeling they wouldn't be able to keep that much like the Stars couldn't keep theirs

I wonder about this though. If the Ducks could keep their curved stripes on the bottom of their sweater, I don't see why Colorado or Dallas couldn't do similar. I think those are just excuses for teams that wanted to change.

Colorado was told by Reebok that they could keep their mountain range hem, but elected not to.

The Rep didn't say in the press conference that Reebok specifically told the Colorado Avalanche that they could keep it. He said that they COULD have kept the hem stripe. In other words meaning that it was possible. In light of what we hear about Reebok making a strong push for their designs perhaps the Avalanche didn't really know or didn't bother to ask.

I would imagine in the minds of most teams that new unis=more money. It would not surprise me in the least that within the next few years you see teams like Edmonton or Colorado tweak their design to fix them.

Also, I haven't seen much discussion on this at least in this thread but I noticed that most of the AHL teams that have bottom stripes have the stripes follow the curved hemline. I still want to see how the new NHL sets (with the straight stripe/curved hemline) before I pass judgment on them but it does look a little off when being shown on a mannequin. Thoughts?

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

I'm just glad that the Devils actually managed to put their current jersey (more-or-less unharmed) onto the RBK Edge template. Now my jersey that I got in 03-04 isn't totally outdated.

In other news, congratulations to me on 400 posts (completely self-centered and I love it).

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Could someone with 2k8 or NHL 08 post a pic of the Leafs new unis in action? Please and thanks!

Yes please someone post these for Pritch... we all can't wait for him to make 20 posts within a 10 minute span about how much he hates them

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Would the Great One ever have worn one of those?

Roberto Clemente?

Couple of things:

Kariya (new Blues pants)

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/M...13_1024x768.jpg

Um....CCM jersey....Easton pants....old NHL logo....

Those are definitely the new Blues pants. Reebok doesn't make every player's pants, or gloves for that matter. Other pants and gloves companies do, however, template the pants and color the gloves to the team's official specifications. Kariya is signed on with Easton. Plus that's Easton's newest version of their logo.

And no one said anything about the jersey he's wearing. It's obviously old. Players don't have to wear everything new at the same time always.

Could someone with 2k8 or NHL 08 post a pic of the Leafs new unis in action? Please and thanks!

Yes please someone post these for Pritch... we all can't wait for him to make 20 posts within a 10 minute span about how much he hates them

You starting this too? Seriously, I didnt like them at first, but Ive seen them more and more and there growing on me. Now lay off.

We already saw your first request, you don't have to keep asking. I'm sure someone will post them if they feel like it on their own time, not yours.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

New Hawks jersey

ha.jpg

Why did they change the shoulder patch??? Downgrade b/c of that!

The non-Edge set had the yellow C with Green handles on the tomahawk with white tops to the tomahawk...The patch just pops more with those colors than the ones shown above.

I am ordering my new Hawks authentic as soon as I can. Those are sexy. They look even better with the slimmer cut.

nhl_philadelphia_flyers.jpg

Not too bad. Not an upgrade, but certainly not much if any of a downgrade. As I've said before, these are more of a modernization of the early 80s set than the most recent set. If they decided that they were going to make a change, this really isn't too bad (though an orange home would have been better.)

Edit: hopefully the white has some black trim at the bottom.

Wow, after seeing these in these shots I will admit they dont look as bad, I would say one of the better edge uniforms, while I wont buy the new road or away jersey, if they come out with an orange version in the same template (And they said they will have an orange jersey next year), I most likely will buy one.

Out of all the other ones, I am liking the sharks alot, upgrade imo.

Would the Great One ever have worn one of those?

Roberto Clemente?

Couple of things:

Kariya (new Blues pants)

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/M...13_1024x768.jpg

Um....CCM jersey....Easton pants....old NHL logo....

Those are definitely the new Blues pants. Reebok doesn't make every player's pants, or gloves for that matter. Other pants and gloves companies do, however, template the pants and color the gloves to the team's official specifications. Kariya is signed on with Easton. Plus that's Easton's newest version of their logo.

And no one said anything about the jersey he's wearing. It's obviously old. Players don't have to wear everything new at the same time always.

And what do you make of his skates???

They look pretty damn old... They look like the $69.95 Bauer Wal-Mart special...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Now that screenshot scares me...EA isnt going back to generic arenas again, are they? Because I know the Mellon Arena sure aint like that on the inside... Hopefully its just a default background for the jersey selection screen, which it probably is.

oBIgzrL.png

Not too bad. Not an upgrade, but certainly not much if any of a downgrade. As I've said before, these are more of a modernization of the early 80s set than the most recent set. If they decided that they were going to make a change, this really isn't too bad (though an orange home would have been better.)

Edit: hopefully the white has some black trim at the bottom.

I'm with you - the white better have some black trim on the bottom, or I'LL NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER FLYERS JERSEY!!!! Eh, they're growing on me. I'm buying one tomorrow.

After staring at these for the better part of the last four hours, I had a thought (yes, one thought in four hours):

What if the white inset on the sleeves of the white jersey was (wait for it) silver (or gray)? I thought that the gray that they tried to work into their now defunct third jersey looked pretty good, and I wouldn't mind if they added some gray into their current gear.

Thoughts?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

i'll still buy an oilers home jersey - they're sweet , even though they're completely and radically different than the traditional oilers look. I think we were lied to as fans when the owners said that there would be no drastic changes - well, changing the stripes, and the consistent thickness of the 3 stripes is drastic enough, let alone vertical stripes.

the blue uniform will look sweet with the blue pants.

does anyone have a screen shot of the oilers with their pants and socks?? thanks!!

gagner3.png

Here we go,

Thrashers: I liked the old ones and these are an upgrade IMO. Good job on stopping the piping where the navy blue stops. B+

Oilers: Worst jerseys. Why do the stripes only go halfway around when there is nothing on the sleeve. They get my only F.

Blues: I like how this template looks, but the had a classic uniform before. This would be better suiting for a less established franchise. They still get a B-.

Sharks: Pretty good. Should have used the fin on the shoulders. B-

Coyotes: Their old jerseys were among the best. Bottom stripe would have helped. B+

Flyers: They're okay, I liked the old ones better but these are fine. B

Devils: Same as before and still boring but nothing crazy. B

Hawks: Excellent, I am so happy they didn't change. I would have liked a tie-up, hopefully the shoulder patch is a photoshop mistake, they should keep the same shoulder patch at home. A

Leafs: Good, but missing the bottom stripes, B

Dallas: I like the uniqueness of the homes, but they should have used more green. B+

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Now that screenshot scares me...EA isnt going back to generic arenas again, are they? Because I know the Mellon Arena sure aint like that on the inside... Hopefully its just a default background for the jersey selection screen, which it probably is.

Yeah, it's only the background for the menus. It just changes the ice to the last arena you played in. All the arenas look like the real thing, even those without the license (eg. Boston Arena/TD Banknorth Garden, Long Island Arena/Nassau Coliseum)

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Archived