2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay... I have to do this. I have to call out dsgitlin. Many, many times in this thread you have shoved it down our throats that you think the new Nashville Edge jerseys are nice. A few pages back you said that you now consider Nashville and Atlanta to have great updates. Now, you say that Buffalo looks nice.

This is a joke, right? It has to be some kind of prank. Do I win a prize for figuring it out?

Okay... I have to do this. I have to call out dsgitlin. Many, many times in this thread you have shoved it down our throats that you think the new Nashville Edge jerseys are nice. A few pages back you said that you now consider Nashville and Atlanta to have great updates. Now, you say that Buffalo looks nice.

This is a joke, right? It has to be some kind of prank. Do I win a prize for figuring it out?

lol.

I donno, I've always liked Buffalo's new look and the newest Atlanta jerseys are ok too.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

How does san Jose get it right and the Oilers totally drop the ball?

How? Kevin Lowe.

Cmon now, that's just the rivalry talking. The flames new duds are worse than the old too. Kevin Lowe didn't design the thing. It's Reebok that's killing uniform design with their futuristic templates, ugly collars, and unflattering hemlines. I agree the Oilers should have kept their iconic sweater design, but even if they did the new Reebok template would instantly downgrade it. A shirt that was designed to tuck in will look ridiculous when it's not.

DEATH TO REEBOK

I've had it. No laces on the blackhawks jerseys, we get some crapass v-neck? I'm done with the NHL. Done done done and done.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

We heard from the Stars six months ago that the reason they would have to change their jerseys was because the star pattern would not work on the new Edge jerseys. The Avs had a similar pattern with their mountain so I had a feeling they wouldn't be able to keep that much like the Stars couldn't keep theirs

I wonder about this though. If the Ducks could keep their curved stripes on the bottom of their sweater, I don't see why Colorado or Dallas couldn't do similar. I think those are just excuses for teams that wanted to change.

It's Reebok that's killing uniform design with their futuristic templates, ugly collars, and unflattering hemlines. I agree the Oilers should have kept their iconic sweater design, but even if they did the new Reebok template would instantly downgrade it. A shirt that was designed to tuck in will look ridiculous when it's not.

Please consult the following.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That doesn't look right. It shouldn't have the primary logo as shoulder patches, and I hope that's not the actual patch on the pants.

That is the actual patch on the pants, and you're right, I didn't think the primary crest was going on the shoulders. Also, from that photo looks like the Sharks are going to be the other numbers on front team... yuck. I loved the whole package other than that.

Why can't the guy like them? I don't see anything wrong with any of them...except for he Slug logo.

It's Reebok that's killing uniform design with their futuristic templates, ugly collars, and unflattering hemlines. I agree the Oilers should have kept their iconic sweater design, but even if they did the new Reebok template would instantly downgrade it. A shirt that was designed to tuck in will look ridiculous when it's not.

Please consult the following.

I'm talking about the cut of the jersey. No veto is going to change the cut of the jersey. Interesting link you posted. I enjoyed that.

DEATH TO REEBOK

I'm talking about the cut of the jersey. No veto is going to change the cut of the jersey.

Ah, I gotcha. Point taken. Even with straight stripes and no piping, there is still the matter of the awkward shirttail effect on the bottom.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That Blues jersey is horrible. Doubly so because it reminds me of the previous set, which was just plain awesome, but now it sucks so badly.

:down::cursing:

-----

San Jose's are almost great, except for a lack of orange on the shoulders. If you're going to have a striping pattern on the arms and torso, then having something similar on the shoulders, make them match!

Atlanta's white is disappointing since they got rid of the "wing" look, one of the most unique and cool aspects of any NHL jersey. At least they kept the collar trim, though it seems a little thick (well, really, it's always been a little too thick). The blue... it still sucks out loud, though I think they succeeded in doing what I thought couldn't be done--making it worse.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived