2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

I absolutely love the sharks home jerseys... the set is nice overall but i much prefer the homes. the blues are nice too.. i really dig the set for some reason... atlanta.... ugh..i just can't get with the friggin sleeve writing.... i tried,, i honestly did,,

sig.png

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good:

Blues: nice job making it modern and look good. It can be done! Why weren't others able to do it?

Sharks: another nice update

Chicago: no change = good.

The bad:

Atlanta: never liked the one arm thing, never really cared for the old either

Oilers: somethings missing... flag patches!

Meh:

Coyotes: not bad not great

RBK002-1.jpg

That doesn't look right. It shouldn't have the primary logo as shoulder patches, and I hope that's not the actual patch on the pants.

Isn't that last year's primary logo on the chest? Major boo-boo there.

Practice shots of the Sharks have shown their pants do have the San Jose shield logo, so I'm guessing that's right.

And why did they have to muck up this beauty of a sweater with front numbers?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Isn't that last year's primary logo on the chest? Major boo-boo there.

Nope, that's the new one. The pic is dark (making the black and dark teal blend together), but the stick is a dead giveaway.

And why did they have to muck up this beauty of a sweater with front numbers?

Dunno. That is a major boo-boo.

As an Oilers fan I am disgusted with the new jerseys....the half stripes around the arm..the ugly piping...nothing on the shoulder...as someone else said, it's a glorified practice jersey...easily went from one of the best to one of the worst jerseys in the league...another great move by K-Lowe and his team

Imo

Oilers: I sort of like the home jerseys but the away ones are meh. Theyre using the Preds/Cats/Jackets/Avs template but it looks different anyway.

Coyotes: Red ones: dull. White ones: Look classic. I like them a lot.

Blues: Fantastic modernization. That full set looks awesome, and I thought I'd hate whatever they were to release simply because their old duds were very nice. Good job!

Sharks: Kinda what was rumored and it looks good. I don't like the orange but its all right.

Hawks: Sigh of relief, but the excess white on the hem of the homes looks weird.

However, I do wish they put the fin on the shoulders.

The new "fin" logo is not part of their official set. It was a proposed logo that was dropped before the unveiling, but some media outlets put it in there anyway.

Wow, that's BAD . . . :( I really liked it! :(

Viola ad oltranza...

The new "fin" logo is not part of their official set. It was a proposed logo that was dropped before the unveiling, but some media outlets put it in there anyway.

Wait a minute, though. The Sharks had a hat with that fin logo for sale on their website. (And of course, I can't find it now...)

EDIT: It's on sharksstore.com.

SHCP286BK%20Blaze%20Hat%20.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hawks: Sigh of relief, but the excess white on the hem of the homes looks weird.

What do you mean?

Sure the "extra" rounded edge is new, but they always had extra white at the bottom

blackhawks4kt0.gif

Which in my opinion, makes it one of the most unique (and nicer) features...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Wait a minute, though. The Sharks had a hat with that fin logo for sale on their website. (And of course, I can't find it now...)

EDIT: It's on sharksstore.com.

SHCP286BK%20Blaze%20Hat%20.jpg

Aw, you beat me to it. I just pulled up that site.

The fin logo also appears on another cap:

SHCP295ST-Preston-TN.jpg

Strange. But even if they scrapped that alt logo, why would they just add the primary logos to the shoulders?

EDIT: You can't really blame the media outlets for including it: the fin logo appears in the Sharks' own new logo gallery on their website.

Archived