2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Ok sorry for going back to the Leafs topic lol, but I don't know if its me or not, but.... did they tweak the logo? ( minor tweaks).

I was looking at this pic ; ( I'm talking about the away logo )

http://bp3.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/RuhqcB.../leafsmodel.jpg

Compared to this ;

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=199

I cant tell. Maybe its just the fabric or not. Or I'm just really tired today lol.

The bottom portion of the Leaf itself (right above the stem) looks broader...

I see a slight little notch on the upper arm. Its very slight. The wordmark appears bigger but could be my imagination.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, the Leafs may be a tad bit plain, but it works. Taken in context of the whole league, it's a nice look. I'd rather have a mix of 'bland' and 'progressive' designs than everyone being conversative or vice versa. I really want to see a Nashville/Florida vs. Toronto game now.

UPGRADES

--Sabres (vs two years ago). I know. It's the slug and everything we hate. HUGE disappointment, but the Sabres are blue and gold. They blew it, but it is still an improvement.

The Sabres are navy and "atheletic gold", not royal blue and yellow. Aside from the logo being terrible, their makeover was bad because it wasn't the return to tradition that was promised. At least the red and black look wasn't pretending to honor their past. Navy is not an update over royal blue.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The leaf on the authentic jerseys does have that extra point on the "arms" of the leaf. They've been like that for a while, since the '90's at least. Back then CCM did some unusual things with the logos on authentics (like the condensed blackhawk logo, or the really sloppy Oilers logo used in the 1990 finals).

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Here's a better shot with the away jersey (from someone on the Leafs message board). You can also get a peek at the numbers in the background.

capte57c731e98984b9d95djj7.jpg

The more I see, the more I like. Simple, elegant. Love the slender cuff detail.

I hope the Ads are closer to this than the Predators when they unveil their new sweaters.

my thoughts:

i really want to know what drugs (if any) these people @ Rbk are on when they created these templates. most of the changes are uncalled for and completely break from the norm or what we would have expected. hell, ive seen a ton of better concepts on these boards then what the end results have been. other than not purchasing a Rbk sweater, is there any way for the general public err....... hockey fans can suggest to them (via email or something) that this is not the direction to go? did they hold suggestion meetings or brainstorming groups when discussing these sweaters? seriously, with all that time (in some cases 2yrs) they had to develop all the sweaters, there are some that seem to be incomplete and others that are complete crap... but i guess i'm just bitching about it or is this how the majority feels?

minor accomplishment: 100th post!

ok let's step back and think about this for a second.....

there is a lot of complaining about the templating of these new NHL jerseys. a lot of it warranted? sure it is, but it also gets out of hand sometimes too.

which leads me to this:

it can be argued that the MLB is templated too you know, and has been so for YEARS. Think about it. every team with no piping or pinstripes (A's, Dodgers, Cardinals) can be considered a template. Tigers, Red Sox, Mariners......template. Giants, Padres, Angels, Nationals.....template. Orioles, Rangers, Royals....template. Brewers and DBacks....template. any team that wears pinstripes.....template. Oh, we won't even start talking about the 70s and 80s pullover era either. over two thirds of the teams wearing the SAME EXACT PULLOVER UNIFORM with the only differences being colors and wordmarks. TEMPLATE!

while we are at it let's talk about those FR0BAKK NFL uniforms so many of you mess yourselves over. Let's see, the vast majority of them featured near identical horizontal striping on the sleeves and block numbers and also THE SAME EXACT THREE STRIPE PATTERN on the pants and helmets. That can be argued as a template as well. Nowadays the trend in football uniforms is to move away from templates but every time something new comes out you guys act like someone gone and took a dump on Mother Theresa's grave.

I know I'm opening a fat squirming can of worms with this post, but think about it. Its the truth. Templates seems to be accepted in the MLB and are to an extent preferred in the NFL, but now that its happening in the NHL......its sports uniform armageddon!

ok let's step back and think about this for a second.....

there is a lot of complaining about the templating of these new NHL jerseys. a lot of it warranted? sure it is, but it also gets out of hand sometimes too.

which leads me to this:

it can be argued that the MLB is templated too you know, and has been so for YEARS. Think about it. every team with no piping or pinstripes (A's, Dodgers, Cardinals) can be considered a template. Tigers, Red Sox, Mariners......template. Giants, Padres, Angels, Nationals.....template. Orioles, Rangers, Royals....template. Brewers and DBacks....template. any team that wears pinstripes.....template. Oh, we won't even start talking about the 70s and 80s pullover era either. over two thirds of the teams wearing the SAME EXACT PULLOVER UNIFORM with the only differences being colors and wordmarks. TEMPLATE!

while we are at it let's talk about those FR0BAKK NFL uniforms so many of you mess yourselves over. Let's see, the vast majority of them featured near identical horizontal striping on the sleeves and block numbers and also THE SAME EXACT THREE STRIPE PATTERN on the pants and helmets. That can be argued as a template as well. Nowadays the trend in football uniforms is to move away from templates but every time something new comes out you guys act like someone gone and took a dump on Mother Theresa's grave.

I know I'm opening a fat squirming can of worms with this post, but think about it. Its the truth. Templates seems to be accepted in the MLB and are to an extend preferred in the NFL, but now that its happening in the NHL......its sports uniform armageddon!

And it's nothing new. Look at NHL uniforms in the 1980's. If you really look at them you can clearly see three or four different templates with only minor variations.

There is a substantial difference, Shark - some of the NHL clubs have moved away from their own individual uniform heritage to adopt a template.

But you are right - each sport has its own specific design aesthetic. The problem I have is not that the uniforms follow a template, but that Reebok, the League and the teams are working together to move away from the sport's established design aesthetic.

I suspect that is at the heart of most of the "template" problems people have.

ESPN's coverage of the Av's unveiling.

Apparently the old Colorado Rockies and last season's Av jerseys were of a similar design.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Avs: What the :censored:! Black pants?! still. The worst thing about the old uniforms was the completely uneccesary use of black. At least they tried to incorporate black a little into the old jerseys. I don't see black anywhere on these new ones. So why use black pants? If you want dark colored pants, darken your blue to a navy and then use navy pants and helmets, but when you use black pants with not black to speak of in your uniforms, well then you become rec league. And because the jerseys are not as strong stylisticly as the old ones, the black pants stand out even more. Huge downgrade. The avs had more to lose in terms of tradition than the panthers or predators and they just took a giant dump on it. This pisses me off, and I'm not even close to being an Avalanche fan. From now on I will refer to them as the Corolado Alavanche.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Why are people calling it plaiN? Traditional hockey sweaters didn't have any shoulder patches, needless accents and useless outlines. This is a nice retro-looking jersey.

True, it reminds me alot of this one. It dates back to their first season, 1927-28.

MapleLeafs1.gif

Avs: What the :censored:! Black pants?! still. The worst thing about the old uniforms was the completely uneccesary use of black. At least they tried to incorporate black a little into the old jerseys. I don't see black anywhere on these new ones. So why use black pants? If you want dark colored pants, darken your blue to a navy and then use navy pants and helmets, but when you use black pants with not black to speak of in your uniforms, well then you become rec league. And because the jerseys are not as strong stylisticly as the old ones, the black pants stand out even more. Huge downgrade. The avs had more to lose in terms of tradition than the panthers or predators and they just took a giant dump on it. This pisses me off, and I'm not even close to being an Avalanche fan. From now on I will refer to them as the Corolado Alavanche.

PvO6ZWJ.png

ESPN's coverage of the Av's unveiling.

Apparently the old Colorado Rockies and last season's Av jerseys were of a similar design.

Obviously, what they mean by that is design in materials compared to the RBK Edge materials.. as anyone can plainly see there is no design similarities in *look* heh.

Why can't they just use the free-flowing fabric they use for all the underarm panels to make up the entire jersey? There is at least three different fabrics on this jersey and the specific placements of each is the main culprit for these repetitve designs. What is the fabric for the shoulders used specifically for? What is the fabric that is on the front of the jerseys specifically for?

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived