The Puck Unites

DrBear

From a blog post at The Business of Sports:

The Florida Panthers have worked with SME branding firm to create a new team image. Based on the fact that their research showed people liked the idea of getting together with friends and family at games, the slogan is "The Florida Panthers: The Puck Unites." The plan is to make this an overall slogan for the franchise, such as "good to the last drop" for Maxwell House. This is different than the annual marketing campaign, which this year is "See it. Get it. Love it."

And yes, the new image has a logo, which qualifies it for the forum.

Pucknew.jpg

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

did the puck ever break?? :blink:

Well, there was that time that puck was given to the kings of man, of dwarves and elves...but as far as I know nothing bad came of that.

That logo blows. why is the panther crooked? Not a very good job of maintaing the integrity of the mark or of type usage.

You could have had the type centered at the top and bottom with the Panther slightly overlapping and still be able to read it.

Pathetic...and they probably charged them a lot of $$$ for that.

"The Puck Unites" is just too weird. It has to be some kind of anagram, right?

"Cheek Nips Tutu"

"Necktie Shut Up"

"I Tune Ketchups"

"Kite Chutes Pun"

" :censored: Heist Puke"

Yow... that one's not going the clear the filter. If there are any all-lesbian punk bands looking for a name, you can use that one, but only with express written consent of the Florida Panthers.

The plan is to make this an overall slogan for the franchise, such as "good to the last drop" for Maxwell House.

If that was the plan, they should have come up with a decent slogan.

"Good to the last drop" is brilliant. Simple, clear, great imagery. "The puck unites" is nonsensical at best.

" :censored: Heist Puke"

Yow... that one's not going the clear the filter. If there are any all-lesbian punk bands looking for a name, you can use that one, but only with express written consent of the Florida Panthers.

Sounds like German cinema.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived