Chief's Ridiculous NFL Helmet Project

Chief.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UPDATE, AUGUST 13

Tonight I hit Houston, Atlanta, and Jacksonville. Starting with the Texans, we have a not-so-out-there concept featuring the bull's horns (you may have seen a cruder version of this I did a while back) in two different colors to match the logo. On to the Falcons, we've seen teams use the wings coming out of the facemask, but in this concept I tried to give the impression that (to match the logo) the bird on the helmet is swooping down on its prey. I imagine the top of the helmet is simply black, with the second wing originating from there. The Jags... I went a little overboard with. Obviously, in this case, who WOULDN'T use the jaguar spots? I just added an eye to make at least a little intimidating. The teal on the facemask sort of represents the tongue.

HTexans.png

Falcons.png

Jags.png

the texans one is alright but i kindof get a vikingsish vibe from it. The falcons one I like. i probably would suggest making the helmet shell red. The jags on the other hand looks like it got peppered with burnt cheetos

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I really like these all so far.

They're out there and nothing we'd expect to see from the NFL anytime soon, but I defiantly think it's a fun concept series.

Like habsfan said, I can't wait to see what you do with the browns.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I like the Falcons one best so far. I think that's a unique twist on the familiar 'winged helmet' design.

As for my Jags, good idea. However, I think it might look better without the eye on the helmet. The eye suggests a face but there are no other features (whiskers, mouth, etc) to be found.

I'm interested in seeing how Cleveland turns out. ^_^

I gotta reply just so I get e-mailed about the rest of the concepts.....

Huh?

Anyway, UPDATE: AUGUST 20

Sorry, I don't have three concepts in this update. I just started college and I'm taking it slow. Here, to hold you over, we have the Dolphins. With the colors in the logo, it doesn't contrast from the water (or what is supposed to be water) on the helmet, but I think it flows nicely nevertheless.

HDolphins.png

• 2 weeks later...
these are really awesome... the chargers one is really cool. And your other ones are great too. As the others, I want to see cleveland... haha

I can't wait to see that one either....

Great stuff Chief!

UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 4

Today I finished the Cardinals helmet. I didn't go with wings or the top of the cardinal's head. I instead went with an Arizona flag design. On top you'll see a version done in Cardinals colors, below that is a bonus helmet displaying a design based more accurately (color-wise) to the Arizona flag. The star would, of course, wrap around the front, with the top point curling up the helmet.

HCards.png

HCards2.png

Nice. This is, to date, the single only "NFL Concept" thread I've read more than the first post on, because this is the first thread that has anything to do with the NFL or any football in general that actually creates a Concept, rather than moving a line 2 inches higher on a sleeve. You've attacked the one area of the football uniform that can be freely messed with and you've attacked it well.

I didn't know what the Panthers one was until I read the post over a few times, and I'm not a fan of the Bengal tail. But other than that, very good work, the idea behind all of the helmets is spot on and it would be very interesting to see these on the field. I'd actually be convinced to watch a few plays for once instead of skipping right over the boredom.

S80-81-82-83_zpspmeyx5vh.png

200px-Nassau_Coliseum_logo.jpg

Archived