ACTOBER, The World Series contest

Roger Clemente

MLB.com has this contest called Actober, where people recreate their favorite MLB post-season moments and submit them for a chance to win World Series.

If you could pick a moment to recreate, what moment would you pick?

If I could recreate one specific moment, I would recreate Chris Chambliss' 1976 ALCS winning home run.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Kirk Gibson. I think that's all i have to say, but i'm sure there will be thousands of entries for that. So i'm gonna say Aaron Boone's walk-off to beat the BoSox, or Carlton Fisk's almost foul-ball homerun. That mite be hard to recreate though :]].

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The ball going by Buckner in the 86 World Series, the walk-off home run in the 99 NLDS (who hit it again), and Endy Chavez's catch in game 7 of last years NLCS would be my choices as a Met fan.

Knowing this contest, someone recreating Aaron Boone's walk off HR in the 2003 ALCS or Big Papi's game winning hits in the 2004 ALCS/The final out of the 2004 World Series will probably win instead, but whatever.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

The ball going by Buckner in the 86 World Series, the walk-off home run in the 99 NLDS (who hit it again), and Endy Chavez's catch in game 7 of last years NLCS would be my choices as a Met fan.

Knowing this contest, someone recreating Aaron Boone's walk off HR in the 2003 ALCS or Big Papi's game winning hits in the 2004 ALCS/The final out of the 2004 World Series will probably win instead, but whatever.

Well you stole one of mine

So I would do Jesse Orosco throwing his glove in the air, or Cleon Jones catch to end the 69 Series.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Or Jeter's backhanded toss to Posada to tag out Jeremy Giambi.....

Anyone who has seen video of Chris Chambliss' Homerun will know exactly why it would be awesome to recreate it. The only problem is that I can't find any video of it anywhere. If anyone can find it, I would be greatful.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Edgar Renteria's single in the 1997 World Series. :D

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Oh man, so much homerism here. Makes me ill.

Kirby Puckett's 1991 game 6 homer. :)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Anyone who has seen video of Chris Chambliss' Homerun will know exactly why it would be awesome to recreate it. The only problem is that I can't find any video of it anywhere. If anyone can find it, I would be greatful.

I haven't looked on youtube yet but I have seen it. If someone can recreate that with all the people rushing the field I'll be impressed.

EDIT: If you go the the Bronx Is Burning Website they have a clip of it under the video section.

Edgar Renteria's single in the 1997 World Series. :D

Bonus points if you could recreate the "vacant look" in Jose Mesa's eyes that Omar Vizquel mentioned in his book that sparked their whole little feud.

IUe6Hvh.png

yeah, my dad was at that game, he loves telling the story of how him and his buddies went down to the field level in the last inning from their seats up in the nosebleeds. needless to say, he was on the field as hysteria ensued.

that would be awesome to recreate though, I love the story that Chambliss had to come out later that night once the Stadium had emptied to touch home plate, so good.

lundqvistha4pz9.jpg

Archived