"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/foot...e.ap/index.html

I can see why they got fined since it is a hazzard, but this is the best part of college sports!

Better than actually winning?

Yep, in some cases, I think it is. At least if you take part in the celebration. The only similar experience I had was in '05 when Illinois beat Louisville to go the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship, and thousands upon thousands of students rushed Green St. (the main street in Campustown). I barely remember the game, but I absoutely remember being out there on Green St. So, even though you can't have the celebration without the win, I think it's better.

Note: I'm referring to non-violent, non-destructive celebrations. There's a difference between rushing the streets, or rushing the field, and turning over cars and ripping down goal posts. I don't see any issue with fans doing either, as long as it doesn't turn destructive.

I've got to agree. Carrying the goalposts and throwing them into the pond was one of the most exciting things I think I've ever done.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/foot...e.ap/index.html

I can see why they got fined since it is a hazzard, but this is the best part of college sports!

That attitude is one of the WORST parts of college sports, the fact that people that have nothing to do with the game cross the line and feel that they are entitled to become a part of the story. Enjoy your team's victory, but please remember that you're an observer, not a participant. You're not there to storm the field or court. You are there to cheer or boo (and to buy :censored: :)).

I think for Kentucky...they earned it.

Last time they tried to rush the field against LSU, the Blue Grass miracle occurred and you had a stadium full of college students with their jaws hanging.

As a college student who's rushed the field after a big win (2001 AU beat #1 Florida) it's exciting and memorable and just adds to the college experience.

Also, it's a college football tradition. One you don't see that often anymore. It will slowly die out.

As college students/fans have a ton to do with the outcome of a game. Games are played in stadiums, not in vacuums. They don't call it home field advantage for nothing.

Oh yes it was all by myself (and those pesky other 500 guys trying to help me and getting in my way)

:)

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I see nothing wrong with rushing the field. As long as you aren't stupid about it. Schools are getting smart and taking down the goalposts before the end of the game now cause they know, even if told not to, that the students are going to rush the field. I rushed the field when we beat WVU this year. I heard of no injuries and saw no potential hazards. Sure, it's a pretty high jump. But there's nice comfortable turf at the bottom, and although everyone was in a rush nobody was being stupid and pushing people off or anything.

There is still only one undefeated team in the Big East.

It's not Louisville.

Not South Florida.

Not Cincinnati.

Not even Rutgers.

It's the Connecticut Huskies. Huge win over Louisville last night at the Rent. Doesn't get any easier for us next week against South Florida.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Somebody cue that audio tape of Vince Lombardi. That should be the theme for this entire college football season.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE???"

USC just went down. Oh wait--let me clarify...SOUTH CAROLINA has just went down.

To Vanderbilt.

IN South Carolina.

Pretty damn bad, too. 17-6.

How the hell?

This has got to do down as the wildest season in college football history. And oh by the way...whose turn is it at #2 in the polls now? Boston College? Being that Rutgers pulled it off against USF, I think we'll all see USF tumble down and out of the top 10 altogether. Hell--they might even drop out the top 15. Gotta keep in mind what's going on here--human voters, the vast majority of whom stay fixated on established, major "powerhouse" programs, and don't see how an 11-year old program can stack up with the big boys who been doing it since before the voters' hair done got gray on them. This, even though the 11-year old program took down one of those establised powerhouses IN THEIR HOUSE (I'm talking about Auburn here, who also beat Florida, the team that nearly defeated the top-ranked team in the nation at the time of the game), then beat down the #5 program down in Tampa (WVU)...but then lost to Rutgers, so now Rutgers might just shoot up to #6 or something and USF tumble down to 15 or something like that. That's just the way that cookie might crumble. Ah well...at least folks know now to to take the Bulls as a "cupcake" game...as them folks up in Ann Arbor probably did with App State, only to get them cupcakes shoved straight down their throats and out the back of their asses.

Now let's see what happens with O-State. Should be interesting. And oh by the way...BC has got a real tough stretch to end their season. This is gon' be FUN to watch!!!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This has got to do down as the wildest season in college football history.

That doesn't even begin to describe it. We may have a couple of two loss teams playing in the title game. Let me tell you, I am real comfortable with Ohio State being number one. I feel like I am carrying a case of nitro glycerin down the side of a hill.

EDIT: Ohio State hangs on and beats MSU 24-17. The score was a lot closer than the game. The Buckeyes had an INT and a fumble returned for TDs by Michigan State. The Buckeye defense held MSU to a field goal.

No way we make it to 12-0.

BB52Big.jpg

Down goes Kentucky!

The Cocktail Party next weekend may do a lot to decide who wins the SEC East, with apologies to the Gamecocks.

The SEC West? Down to Alabama and the winner of tonight's LSU-Auburn matchup. As a result, methinks the Iron Bowl will decide the SEC West then... :P

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

How many times is Illinois going to give Michigan a second or third chance on a drive with a stupid personal foul. And that botched fair catch was a morale killer. A shame, too, because without those stupid mistakes, this has been a great back-and-forth game, with both teams battling hard. Hopefully, Illinos can recover here.

edit: And, they couldn't. Michigan showed a lot of heart here. It makes me wonder where they'd be ranked if Appalachian State never happened. Top 10? Certainly after this game, they would be.

What a game in Baton Rouge. And the Tigers win! (LSU version)

LSU gets a TD (down 1) with :01 left. They could have taken a 40 Yard FG to win it, but threw it up in the endzone, and got the TD.

SO....

1.Ohio State (0 losses)

2.BC (0 losses)

3.LSU (1 loss)

4.Oklahoma (1 loss)

5.Arizona State (0 losses)

6.WVU (1 loss)

7.Oregon (1 loss)

8.VT (1 loss)

9.Kansas (0 losses)

10.USC (1 loss)

saBS.png

What a game in Baton Rouge. And the Tigers win! (LSU version)

LSU gets a TD (down 1) with :01 left. They could have taken a 40 Yard FG to win it, but threw it up in the endzone, and got the TD.

Gutsy call to a point...if it's incomplete, they still had time to try the field goal (watch the clock on the replay, it's at about :03 when he makes the catch). But if the Auburn DB makes a play and intercepts...boy oh boy. Miles is a gambler and I give him credit for that, but it's only smart when it works and they've been very fortunate so far.

I'm a "Sooner-in-law" (i.e. wife went to OU) so that's the team I follow and have to say their performance was less than inspiring. Stoops doesn't seem able to fully motivate his team and the result is they tend to play up/down to the opponent. Not good.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Maybe its time NDSU joins the WAC

Heheheheh. Good one, Tank.

But it sure is party time here in Fargo. Especially after that goofy Gophers coach was complaining about playing NDSU, saying Minnesota has nothing to gain from it because they don't recruit in North Dakota. Hasn't he ever heard of Greg Eslinger, a certain famous Gopher center from Bismarck? Sheesh.

Anyway, beware, Boston College. It's more dangerous to be ranked No. 2 than No. 1 this year.

Archived