"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

Down goes Kentucky!

The Cocktail Party next weekend may do a lot to decide who wins the SEC East, with apologies to the Gamecocks.

The SEC West? Down to Alabama and the winner of tonight's LSU-Auburn matchup. As a result, methinks the Iron Bowl will decide the SEC West then... :P

No kidding...UGA just got new life. But so did every team in the SEC East. All six teams are alive still.

UGA still has to play Florida and Kentucky.

Florida still has Georgia, Vandy, and at South Carolina.

Kentucky still has at Vandy, at Georgia, and Tennessee.

South Carolina has at Tennessee and Florida.

Tennessee has South Carolina, Vandy, and at Kentucky.

Vanderbilt has at Florida, Kentucky, and at Tennessee.

Here's how I see these games shaking out. Green indicates win, red indicates loss:

...which leaves Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Tennessee each with 3 losses.

Georgia still has Auburn.

Kentucky still has Mississippi State.

South Carolina has at Arkansas.

Tennessee has Arkansas.

South Carolina will eliminate themselves by losing at Arkansas. Leaving Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, and Tennessee with 3 losses. Florida will win the tie-breaker with the combined 3-0 record vs. the other tied teams.

Oh yes, Georgia-Florida is a huge game, and an elimination game for the East race.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New AP Top 25

1. Ohio State (57) 8-0 1612 1

2. Boston College (2) 7-0 1494 3

3. LSU (5) 7-1 1479 5

4. Oklahoma 7-1 1421 4

5. Oregon 6-1 1355 7

6. West Virginia 6-1 1228 9

7. Arizona State (1) 7-0 1156 12

8. Virginia Tech 6-1 1111 11

9. USC 6-1 1107 13

9. Florida 5-2 1107 14

11. South Florida 6-1 980 2

12. Kansas 7-0 960 15

13. Missouri 6-1 925 15

14. Kentucky 6-2 719 8

15. South Carolina 6-2 649 6

16. Hawaii 7-0 573 17

17. Texas 5-2 497 19

18. California 5-2 444 10

19. Michigan 6-2 401 24

20. Georgia 5-2 394 21

21. Virginia 7-1 315 NR

22. Alabama 6-2 263 NR

23. Auburn 5-3 248 18

24. Penn State 6-2 209 NR

25. Rutgers 5-2 174 NR

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

New BCS top 5:

1. Ohio State

2. Boston College

3. LSU

4. Arizona State

5. Oregon

USF dropped to number 10.

Holy crap I almost feel out of my chair when they announced that. Traditionally the computers dont look good on a team with a bye that week but regardless I am one happy Sun Devil right now! Although the real test starts this Saturday with 3 very hard games in a row. I think the Devils are a good team, but next week and the weeks to come will let me know if they are a top 5 team. And with the loss of our #1 player I am just trying to stay positive.

PopHeading-1.gif

Alright, let's try this again.

Starting off with conference leaders...

ACC leader is #2 Boston College, for the moment, as they are the higher ranked team in the BCS than #8 Virginia Tech and #15 Virginia.

Big East leader is #23 Connecticut, the only team unbeaten in the Big East.

Big Ten leader is #1 Ohio State, as they have a better full-schedule record than #20 Michigan.

Big XII leader is #9 Kansas, the only team unbeaten in the Big XII.

Pac-10 leader is #4 Arizona State, as they are higher ranked in the BCS than #-- UCLA.

SEC leader is #3 Louisiana State, as they are higher ranked in the BCS than #24 Alabama.

Our pool of eligible at-large teams are #5 Oregon, #6 Oklahoma, #7 West Virginia, #8 Virginia Tech, #10 South Florida, #11 Florida, #12 Southern California, #13 Missouri, and #14 Kentucky.

Obviously, we must take #1 Ohio State and #2 Boston College for the National Championship Game.

By contractual obligation, #3 Louisiana State goes to the Sugar Bowl, #4 Arizona State goes to the Rose Bowl, and #9 Kansas goes to the Fiesta Bowl.

The Rose Bowl gets the first selection of at-larges, as compensation for losing #1 Ohio State to the NCG. Since there is no Big Ten team eligible for selection, the Rose Bowl would most likely select #6 Oklahoma (avoiding #5 Oregon so as to avoid a matchup between two Pac-10 teams.)

The Orange Bowl gets the next two selections. First, as compensation for losing #2 Boston College to the NCG, they would probably take #8 Virginia Tech, next best ACC team. They would also take #5 Oregon, next highest team on the board.

The Fiesta Bowl has the next selection, and would most likely take the next highest team left on the board, #7 West Virginia.

Finally, the Sugar Bowl would be required to take #23 Connecticut, as they are required to be selected by some BCS bowl.

In review:

Rose: #4 Arizona State (Pac-10 Leader) v #6 Oklahoma (At-Large)

Sugar: #3 Louisiana State (SEC Leader) v #23 Connecticut (Big East Leader)

Fiesta: #9 Kansas (Big XII Leader) v #7 West Virginia (At-Large)

Orange: #5 Oregon (At-Large) v #8 Virginia Tech (At-Large)

NCG: #1 Ohio State (Big Ten Leader) v #2 Boston College (ACC Leader)

Note: As the Big East Leader is currently ranked #23, Hawaii would need to be ranked at #16 or higher to be ensured of a BCS spot.

LvZYtbZ.png

Down goes Kentucky!

The Cocktail Party next weekend may do a lot to decide who wins the SEC East, with apologies to the Gamecocks.

The SEC West? Down to Alabama and the winner of tonight's LSU-Auburn matchup. As a result, methinks the Iron Bowl will decide the SEC West then... :P

No kidding...UGA just got new life. But so did every team in the SEC East. All six teams are alive still.

Here's how I see these games shaking out. Green indicates win, red indicates loss:

...which leaves Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Tennessee each with 3 losses.

Georgia still has Auburn.

Kentucky still has Mississippi State.

South Carolina has at Arkansas.

Tennessee has Arkansas.

South Carolina will eliminate themselves by losing at Arkansas. Leaving Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, and Tennessee with 3 losses. Florida will win the tie-breaker with the combined 3-0 record vs. the other tied teams.

Oh yes, Georgia-Florida is a huge game, and an elimination game for the East race.

Looking at all those remaining games you just listed off just reminded me how much I love the SEC.

IUe6Hvh.png

For those keeping track...NDSU over Minnesota is upset number 8. (NDSU has two of them...meaning they will not be able to get on any FBS schedule for awhile). That and scheduling Gateway teams or future Gateway teams is a bad idea.

Illinois: [special Teams Redacted]

Nebraska: I'm backing off on my line about making Bowl reservations for Shreveport right now...because 6 wins look iffy.

Les Miles, LSU: Balls...that's all that I can say.

Quick poll: Which Conference is more cannibalistic? The SEC or the Pac-10?

Boston College better lose soon.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Uh oh...thangs ain't lookin' good for Boston College.

Through 3 quarters, and with 5:00 left in the fourth, so far Kirk Herbstreit's Heisman nominee and his comrades have put up a nice, big goose egg on the scoreboard thus far.

(Wait--what's that? what's that hazy looking picture of maroon and some kind of cheesy-looking yellow coming up now???)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Nah...they IN IT now. Let us see what happens...VT is on they heels HARD.

EDIT: Matt Ryan is running around for dear LIFE trying to save this game. Lotta heart, that young man.

EDIT #2: VT's stadium just went totally, utterly, and completely DEAD.

This is one hell of a comeback, if they can hold off VT with 11 seconds left to go.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Congrats to Illinois on becoming bowl eligible.

The SEC has got to be the most self-destructive, young-eating Conference in college football.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Congrats to Illinois on becoming bowl eligible.

The SEC has got to be the most self-destructive, young-eating Conference in college football.

Isn't it great?

I for one propose that the SEC change the name of the winner of the SEC Championship from "SEC Champions" to "We have no clue how they did it, but somehow <Insert University's Name Here> survived this season and ended up on top."

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Holy :censored: , Nebraska and Texas are still tied.

Also, I don't know what's happening at The World's Greatest Outdoor substance abuse Party, but apparently I'm hearing something about many penalties, Georgia calling a Code Red to celebrate a TD, and enough crazy junk to get me to flip away from Nebraska and Texas.

EDIT-Delaware 59, Navy 52. "9"

*crosses Paul Johnson off Nebraska's coaching search*

2nd EDIT-At the half: Eastern Michigan 3, Western Michigan 2.

Sometimes you just have to love college football.

Today, we are all otaku.

At the half: Nebraska 10-Texas 3

UCONN 16-USF 0

I do not understand college football this year.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived