"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

And in the bad news department, 20,000 tickets remain unsold for the ACC Championship Game.

Oops....

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And in the bad news department, 20,000 tickets remain unsold for the ACC Championship Game.

Oops....

This is the exact reason why playing playoff games at neutral sites won't sell. You can't depend on teams that don't have a good travelling fanbase to buy tickets and buy hotel rooms on short notice.

I saw somebody make the point that since the Gator Bowl gets the loser of this game, some fans may see little reason in going all the way to Jacksonville twice in less than a month.

For the record, I would want at least the 1st round to be played at the top seeds in any college football playoff. Maybe then take a week off for "finals", and then get through the other 3 rounds at either neutral sites, or at the top seed.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

O-H!

Boomer!

Enjoy the Rose Bowl, Buckeye faithful. Your team don't deserve to back into the National Championship Game because Missouri and West Virginia will get the job done.

Mizzou's best victory this year was a close W in St. Louis against Illinois. You can say they threw away the Oklahoma game all you want, but you don't think it's to a big-game experienced OU's advantage to have already seen this offense?? I'll take my chances

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

O-H!

Boomer!

Enjoy the Rose Bowl, Buckeye faithful. Your team don't deserve to back into the National Championship Game because Missouri and West Virginia will get the job done.

Mizzou's best victory this year was a close W in St. Louis against Illinois. You can say they threw away the Oklahoma game all you want, but you don't think it's to a big-game experienced OU's advantage to have already seen this offense?? I'll take my chances

Go ahead, take your chances. I don't see Mizzou screwing this up and I sure as hell don't see West Virginia botching against Pitt. Like I said, enjoy the Rose Bowl... and the eventual beatdown by USC/Arizona State/UCLA.

I saw somebody make the point that since the Gator Bowl gets the loser of this game, some fans may see little reason in going all the way to Jacksonville twice in less than a month.

The Gator Bowl doesn't necessarily get the loser, they just get first pick after the BCS.

I bet Clemson would get the Gator Bowl bid over the loser of the ACC Championship game. They're a proven draw. The loser probably goes to the Chick-Fil-A Bowl.

BREAKING NEWS!!!! LSU's Les Miles wll be introduced as the next head coach of the University of Michigan in the near future.

Translation: LSU will lose to Tennessee in the SECCG tonight and fall all the way to the Capital One Bowl.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

The ACC not selling those tickets just goes to show that those conference championship games are made-for-TV events. The tv revenues will allow them to profit off that game even is the stadium is half full.

Go sooners!

PvO6ZWJ.png

O-H!

Boomer!

They beat us in Norman, Oklahoma.

Is this game being played in Norman, Oklahoma? NO, it's not. And what about the Kansas win. Or the Texas Tech win. And the fact that we were beating OU going into the 4th quarter. While Oklahoma played well and deserved to win, it was also due to the fact that we were basically shooting ourselves in the foot. Not this time pal.

Beware. A Black Storm is brewing.

M-I-Z! F-O-U!! Mizzou! Mizzou! Mizzoooooooou-RAH!

BREAKING NEWS!!!! LSU's Les Miles wll be introduced as the next head coach of the University of Michigan in the near future.

Translation: LSU will lose to Tennessee in the SECCG tonight and fall all the way to the Capital One Bowl.

Illinois could run all over LSU in the Capital One Bowl.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

The ACC not selling those tickets just goes to show that those conference championship games are made-for-TV events. The tv revenues will allow them to profit off that game even is the stadium is half full.

Go sooners!

No. It just shows that fans the farthest away, really don't feel like traveling. I guarantee if it was FSU, Miami, Clemson, UNC, NC State, any other team the they'd have an easier time selling tickets. The ACC championship needs to be in a more regionally friendly stadium like Panther Stadium in Charlotte.

O-H!

Boomer!

Is this game being played in Norman, Oklahoma? NO, it's not. And what about the Kansas win. Or the Texas Tech win. And the fact that we were beating OU going into the 4th quarter. While Oklahoma played well and deserved to win, it was also due to the fact that we were basically shooting ourselves in the foot. Not this time pal.

I could hardly count Kansas as a solid victory this year. It'll look good to the totally uninformed, but the fact is theyre a gimmick offense without the talent who benefited from a powder puff schedule. TTU? meh, they'd certainly give some Big Ten schools trouble. Anyways, this Mizzou thing really isnt worth me arguing, because later tonight the proof will be there. Not even implying they get blown out, but OU is a lot more talented and big-game saavy, not to mention the matchups dont favor Mizzou.

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

O-H!

Boomer!

and actually, I will enjoy the Rose Bowl if it comes to that. Having Pasadena as your fallback to the National Championship Game is a helluva luxury. Not to mention, Herbstreit said that a W over USC would do a lot more for OSU regaining their national respect after 41-14 than a MNC would

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

What are OSUs Solid Victories?

They played 4 teams that were ranked. None of those were ranked higher than 20 when they played them. Only 1 of those schools are still ranked. (Wisconsin) and 1 team joined the rankings (Illinois). So in the end, only 2 of the teams The Buckeyes played are top 25 caliber.

They only played 6 bowl-eligible teams.

What about Mizzou?

They played 4 ranked teams. Two of those were ranked in the Top 10. 2 schools are still ranked (Kansas, Oklahoma) and 1 team joined the rankings (Illinois).

The Tigers have played 6 bowl eligible teams.

Looks pretty even to me.

Oh and you forgot one thing. Mizzou beat tOSU's only loss.

I'll preface (or discredit myself amongst some here) this all by saying that I'm a proud alum of THE Ohio State University.

Missouri's win over the Jayhawks is an impressive one because they were able to win the turnover battle. The Tigers took two interceptions and converted them into 14 points, which really helped decide the game. That is impressive considering KU is the No. 1 team in the country on giveaway/takeaway ratio.

As much I like Mizzou, history doesn't favor them in this contest. There have been four previous meetings between teams that played during the regular season in the Bix XII title game. The program that lost the first meeting went 1-3 in their rematch for the conference championship.

Now I know that Tony Temple will be in the lineup for the Tigers, which will be huge. But some are complaining about DeMarco Murray not being available to Oklahoma. Murray's absense isn't a big deal since he wasn't a factor in the first meeting between the Sooners and Missouri.

To be perfectly honest about the Buckeyes, I'd much rather be goingt to the Rose Bowl. It's a better matchup if we're to play with Southern Cal and we've not been there for a decade.

Two things:

What are OSUs Solid Victories?

They (Ohio State) only played 6 bowl-eligible teams.

The Tigers have played 6 bowl eligible teams.

interesting wording...you sound like ESPN there. (in case you didnt see it, ESPN.com had a poll titled "If Ohio State goes to the National Championship, who's to blame?" no bias there...)

Oh and you forgot one thing. Mizzou beat tOSU's only loss.

No, I didn't forget that. I just didnt wanna play this card...

West Virginia lost to USF who lost to Cincinnati who lost to Pittsburgh

Missouri also lost to Oklahoma who lost to Colorado who lost to Iowa State who lost to Kent State who lost to Northern Illinois

So...maybe we oughta throw Pitt and NIU into the national championship picture? Becuase through this it's pretty obvious Pitt will beat WVU and Northern Illinois could destroy Missouri. I mean, it's only logical

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

Archived