"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm... Louisiana State or Ohio State. Which to choose?

I'll pick Giant Flaming Meteor from the Sky, if you don't mind.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Illinois in the Rose Bowl is simply ridiculous.

Unfortunately for Arizona State, two very large factors worked against it....

1) They aren't going to have two Conference opponents in a Bowl Game

2) The Rose Bowl would kill to have a "traditional" matchup.

Oh...and WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

(For those at home....)

Rose Bowl: USC vs. Illinois

Sugar Bowl: Hawaii vs. Georgia

Fiesta Bowl: West Virginia vs. Oklahoma

Orange Bowl: Virginia Tech vs. Kansas

MNC Game: Ohio State vs. LSU

EDIT: Indiana "plays 13" in the Insight Bowl against a 40-year old man (Oklahoma State)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hmm... Louisiana State or Ohio State. Which to choose?

I'll pick Giant Flaming Meteor from the Sky, if you don't mind.

Word.

The game is gonna suck. The teams suck (I hate Ohio State just a little bit more)

The BCS screwed up what was such a great season.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

OK, someone has to tell me why Troy, at 8-4, gets passed over by 6-6 Cal for the Armed Forces Bowl?

That's a lot of hooey if you ask me. I thought an 8-4 team gets first dibs if there wasn't enough spots availible.

Oh, and GEAUX TIGERS! Crack them Yuckeyes!

It is because the Armed Forces Bowl has an alternating tie-in with CUSA/Pac 10 vs. Mountain West. This year is the Pac 10's year, and Cal got in to play Air Force.

(For those at home....)

EDIT: Indiana "plays 13" in the Insight Bowl against a 40-year old man (Oklahoma State)

I am not saying ASU should be in the Rose Bowl. I just simply don't agree Illinois should be in a BCS bowl at all. And because they are, it pretty much tied the hands of both the Fiesta Bowl and the Sugar Bowl. Thus, screwing ASU out of the Fiesta Bowl

PopHeading-1.gif

I think the only team that should be angry is Missouri. I don't have much of a problem with the other BCS games.

Agreed, Mizzou got hosed. They had a better strength of schedule than KU and beat KU. Sorry Jayhawk fans, but it's the truth.

CUCK FAL!

They went 6-6! Screw the tie-in for once and let Troy in. They deserve the bid. Before losing to FAU, they lost to Arkansas, Florida and Georgia. Those are three very good SEC teams.

Cal, on the other hand, went south.. far south. They were number 2 before losing to Oregon State and went on to lose five out of six.

(For those at home....)

I am not saying ASU should be in the Rose Bowl. I just simply don't agree Illinois should be in a BCS bowl at all. And because they are, it pretty much tied the hands of both the Fiesta Bowl and the Sugar Bowl. Thus, screwing ASU out of the Fiesta Bowl

The rules say...and I quote...if you are in the top 14, you are eligible for an at large.

Illinois was, and they were eligible. Take it up with the committee.

Like it or not...that's how it goes.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ugh.

So, we're facing the possiblity of a 2-loss National Champion, with an undefeated non-champ?

I would classify that possibility as "remote"

Today, we are all otaku.

I am looking forward to Georgia vs. Hawaii.

The Hawaii Bowl doesn't have a second team yet and the New Mexico and Las Vegas Bowl don't have nay teams yet.

The Hawaii Bowl took Boise State since it has a tie in with the WAC.

New Mexico Bowl took Nevada to face New Mexico

Las Vegas Bowl took UCLA to face BYU.

(For those at home....)

The rules say...and I quote...if you are in the top 14, you are eligible for an at large.

Yea, and Arizona State is ranked higher at 12 with one fewer loss.

PopHeading-1.gif

IMHO, How Arizona State got hosed is kinda stupid. But.. Someone had to hosed. It was Arizona State and Mizzou.

It's just the way the system works, and trust me: The system doesn't work at all.

(For those at home....)

Yea, and Arizona State is 12.

It's the system brother.

The Rose Bowl will always take Pac-10 vs Big 10. Illinois qualified, so they are in. It squeezed AZ State out, it's how it goes in this system. If we had a 16 team playoff like most other football divisions, then we could have proved it all out on the field, but until that happened, expect to be disappointed.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

(For those at home....)

Yea, and Arizona State is 12.

and Illinois is 13. Your point?

For what it's worth...IMO the difference between these two teams is negligible. With that in mind, Arizona State does not have that much beef with the committee IMO.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived