Official 2007 NFL season thread

tBBP

Guess what, guys, halfway through the season and Detroit is 6-2. That ten win prediction isn't looking completely crazy right now, as 4-4 the rest of the way will get them there. They nearly got a shutout, but gave up a TD late in the fourth. (Denver hasn't been shut out since '92, so I was really hoping for it. Oh well.) Dang packers though, who seem to somehow win every week, like LSU has lately. Detroit can't seem to gain ground on the packers, but they play on Thanksgiving, so we will see what happens.

When you saw the schedule at the beginning of the year, did you for one second think that the Packers/Lions game would be at all meaningful? Fantastic.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guess what, guys, halfway through the season and Detroit is 6-2. That ten win prediction isn't looking completely crazy right now, as 4-4 the rest of the way will get them there. They nearly got a shutout, but gave up a TD late in the fourth. (Denver hasn't been shut out since '92, so I was really hoping for it. Oh well.) Dang packers though, who seem to somehow win every week, like LSU has lately. Detroit can't seem to gain ground on the packers, but they play on Thanksgiving, so we will see what happens.

When you saw the schedule at the beginning of the year, did you for one second think that the Packers/Lions game would be at all meaningful? Fantastic.

If the Lions dont make the playoffs now it will be a disappointment.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

No, I sure didn't. Usually, by the Thanksgiving game, Lions games don't even matter, except for what draft pick they will get. I am glad the game on Thanksgiving will matter. Even crazier, is there is a decent chance they may both make the playoffs.

MegatronSig2.jpg

The officiating in this Pats/Colts game is beyond abysmal. So many phantom pass-interference calls, and a lack of calls against Indy. I don't care who ends up winning, this referee work is just terrible and inaccurate.

What about the push-off on Moss' touchdown?

Not watching because I'm at school, but following via Yahoo's GameChannel. Based on what I've seen, the game looks like it's mostly sucked so far. Is that about accurate?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The officiating in this Pats/Colts game is beyond abysmal. So many phantom pass-interference calls, and a lack of calls against Indy. I don't care who ends up winning, this referee work is just terrible and inaccurate.

What about the push-off on Moss' touchdown?

Not watching because I'm at school, but following via Yahoo's GameChannel. Based on what I've seen, the game looks like it's mostly sucked so far. Is that about accurate?

My read from what I've seen (I've popped in and out to do other things) is that if defense is your thing, this game is the place to be. If not...can I sue ESPN for false advertising?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well, it's time to just reitterate that Adrian Peterson is, in fact, God.

296 yards rushing = Record

2nd 200+ Rushing yard game = Rookie Record

over 1000 yards rushing alread, on pace to break Dickerson's rushing record (just over 1,800)

And he's the biggest *Terrier killer of them all

(*in-case anyones wondering that's the name of my fantasy team)

My read from what I've seen (I've popped in and out to do other things) is that if defense is your thing, this game is the place to be. If not...can I sue ESPN for false advertising?

Yeah rams80, that's about right. Or at least it was until just now when Moss caught a 55-yard bomb from Brady for 1st and goal.

Bonehead of the week: Me, for not starting Adrian Peterson this week for the Flying Aces (I went with supposedly better matchups). D'oh! But I lucked out; my opponent has been drawing mostly blanks, so I'm still comfortably ahead in this week's game and I still have Tony Romo, Marion Barber and Roy Williams (the Cowboys safety) starting tonight.

And Brett Favre and company just keep rolling...

CCSLC signature.png

Awesome move of the week by me: Starting Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch. Having Peyton Manning doesn't hurt either.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Yeah rams80, that's about right. Or at least it was until just now when Moss caught a 55-yard bomb from Brady for 1st and goal.

Bonehead of the week: Me, for not starting Adrian Peterson this week for the Flying Aces (I went with supposedly better matchups). D'oh! But I lucked out; my opponent has been drawing mostly blanks, so I'm still comfortably ahead in this week's game and I still have Tony Romo, Marion Barber and Roy Williams (the Cowboys safety) starting tonight.

And Brett Favre and company just keep rolling...

Consider yourself blessed,i ran into a team that has not only Peterson,but also has Drew Brees,Marshawn Lynch,Glenn Holt,and Joshua Cribbs and they put up sick numbers today.

This is offically the worst year ever.

For our teams it is.

Just file it as a reason to tell the kids why one game played every four years is so flippin' important to Daddy.

EDIT-and I stand by my hunch that New England crashes out in the divisional round as punishment for "spygate."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ugh....this is the worst I've felt about a regular season game ever. All that hype only to come crashing down. Oh well, 16-0 here you come Pats :cursing:

When you're relying on one of the following to beat them:

Bills

Eagles

Ravens

Steelers

Jets

Dolphins

Giants

It's either the Steelers or the Giants that can beat them, I can't see how any of the others would get any closer than Indi.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Ugh....this is the worst I've felt about a regular season game ever. All that hype only to come crashing down. Oh well, 16-0 here you come Pats :cursing:

When you're relying on one of the following to beat them:

Bills

Eagles

Ravens

Steelers

Jets

Dolphins

Giants

It's either the Steelers or the Giants that can beat them, I can't see how any of the others would get any closer than Indi.

The Ravens could give them a game, too, if only because the 3-4 has seen a modest amount of success against the Pats.

This is offically the worst year ever.

For our teams it is.

Just file it as a reason to tell the kids why one game played every four years is so flippin' important to Daddy.

EDIT-and I stand by my hunch that New England crashes out in the divisional round as punishment for "spygate."

Fine the Dolphins suck, good I want a star in the draft, but can the Pats lose just one :censored:ing game.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Bills play the Pats tight once every other year. They had them on the ropes a couple seasons ago during a Sunday night game at Foxboro, so they might be due in 2007. This year's team is vastly underrated, and having the Pats in Buffalo helps our cause.

Don't sleep on Buffalo as having a chance to trip up the Patriots. I know I'm going to pick them for the game -- perhaps I should try putting my money where my mouth is.

Archived