Official 2007 NFL season thread

tBBP

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vinatieri: clutch

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

OK, so when is the last time Adam Vinitieri missed two FGs in the same game?

Super Bowl XXXVIII?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Super Bowl XXXVIII?

My memory says that was a PAT and a FG.

The most notorious source on the web, wikipedia, says he missed a 31 yarder and had a 36 yarder blocked.

#6 for Manning. Better get that IFF checked.

Today, we are all otaku.

Super Bowl XXXVIII?

My memory says that was a PAT and a FG.

The most notorious source on the web, wikipedia, says he missed a 31 yarder and had a 36 yarder blocked.

#6 for Manning. Better get that IFF checked.

Could well be right.

Perhaps the blocked one was what I thought was the PAT.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

And it's over.... Manning 6 INT. Well I can't wait for Dodgers' season, 'cuz the Colts season is going down the drain.

They did the same thing last year...I wouldn't count them out yet, but rather be heartened by how Manning threw 6 picks, and you still came a Vinatieri shank away from winning.

Today, we are all otaku.

And it's over.... Manning 6 INT. Well I can't wait for Dodgers' season, 'cuz the Colts season is going down the drain.

They did the same thing last year...I wouldn't count them out yet, but rather be heartened by how Manning threw 6 picks, and you still came a Vinatieri shank away from winning.

True, but there wasn't an uber-dominant team like the Pats last year.

espnsig.gif

I recall pointing out somewhere among my profane ranting about New England that all playing in Gilette means is that both teams will most likely have to go to their ground games. The Colts have a better ground game than the Patriots IMO. I'm not pushing the panic button for Indianapolis yet.

Today, we are all otaku.

I recall pointing out somewhere among my profane ranting about New England that all playing in Gilette means is that both teams will most likely have to go to their ground games. The Colts have a better ground game than the Patriots IMO. I'm not pushing the panic button for Indianapolis yet.

I'm with rams here, the Colts without a lot of key players (not that injuries are an excuse for losing because they're not but you get my point) lost to the undefeated Patriots and a Chargers team that went 14-2 last year by a combined total of six points. No need to reach for the panic button yet.

With all that said, I think I'm going to go vomit for an hour.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

The Saints took a disturbing trip back in time. They used to do stuff like this all the time (losing to 0-fer teams). New Orleans was where any terrible team, any backup QB you never heard of, any gimpy has-been or never-was running back went to have one game that looked deserving of Hall of Fame consideration. Granted Bulger and Jackson are better than that, but according to Fox, the Rams had not led a road game or even SCORED AN OFFENSIVE TD on the road this year. Good grief.

I'm torn between feeling bad for Jason "marshmallow-in-a-campfire" David and wanting to see him kicked unmercifully to the curb. Why the Saints ever thought a guy who played well in the Tampa Two zone scheme in Indy would magically be able to play man-to-man - and why they keep playing M-T-M when they clearly don't have the personnel to do it - is beyond me. Fox showed a graphic for David, and at that point the Rams had thrown his way 10 times and completed 8 for like 110 yards and 2 TDs. I told my wife they might as well let me play corner...so the other 2 would have been complete, what's 30 or 40 more yards? And I'd get to dress in a Saints uni and play in the NFL for a day. B)

This game is the stuff Saints' fandom is made of. Which makes me curious as to the variance in suicide rates between Saints fans and those of other teams. :cursing:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The 49ers are the absolute worst team in the NFL. Even the Rams & Dolphins are better then they are.

"With the first pick in the 2008 NFL draft, the New England Patriots select..."

Way to go San Fran....

(And no, I'm not going to criticize the NFL's punishment of the Patriots for being toothless. There's no way we could have expected San Francisco, with all they did in the offseason, to be this bad. That said, I wish Goodell had said, "we are stripping you of your best draft pick if you make the playoffs" rather than taking a late 1st rounder.)

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived