Wild finish in the National League this weekend

HedleyLamarr

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look take the Mets have to make changes because you can't bring this team back after this because it will be a disaster. However you can't go overboard like you want to Tank because that would be an even bigger disaster. You can't just bring in big names you have to bring in the right players.

The Mets should:

1. Leave Randolph as manager. He is a good manager.

2. Continue to build around Reyes, Wright, and Beltran. Everyone else can be trade bait if the right deal comes along.

3. Let Glavin go and cut lose from one that mistake of a signing.

4. Trade for some quality pitching, both bullpen and starting (Santana I believe is still under contract and the Mets don't have the chips to get him).

5. Get rid of Lastings Miledge. The antics are too much.

6. Bring Reyes in with a meeting with Minaya and Randolph and sit him down for a talk. He needs to grow up.

Yes they do give the Twins anything they want. Some think Pelfrey is good, maybe you can fool the Twins into taking him, give them Gomez and Milledge too, even Phillip Humber and John Maine or Oliver Perez if needed.

Last time we had to give the Mets a pitcher because of money, it was reignging Cy Young winner Frank Viola. Two years later Kevin Tapani (16 wins and ERA of around 3.00) and Rick Aguilera (among MLB save leaders) would help lead the Twins to the World Championship. Hope you can help us out again.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

To be honest if it was not for the Rock Opening I may have killed myself today

Ohhhhhhh kay.

Well, i'm done with you. You're joining Patsox on my ignore list, Tanker. It's a sad day, you're one of the CCSLC originals, but yoo've lost your way. Adios buddy.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Btw I would totally do her

I have a feeling that reactions to this comment might close this thread down. I'm putting the over/under at seven posts after this one.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

You have no idea how depressed I am.

Last year didnt hurt this much losing Game 7.

Didn't you get somebody suspended over that?!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You have no idea how depressed I am.

Last year didnt hurt this much losing Game 7.

Didn't you get somebody suspended over that?!

I think someone took a shot at me but for the most part I was ok after a day or so.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

To be honest if it was not for the Rock Opening I may have killed myself today

Ohhhhhhh kay.

Well, i'm done with you. You're joining Patsox on my ignore list, Tanker. It's a sad day, you're one of the CCSLC originals, but yoo've lost your way. Adios buddy.

Please dont do taht you are only adding to the pain, CC97 refuses to talk to me Im losing my firends over this and I never even had friends to begin with. How do you think I got to weigh 450 lb becuase I never had anywhere to go please dont do that.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

I'm so glad the Mets lost. They deserved to lose. The Phillies never quit and played hard all the way, so congrats to them. Unlike the Mets, the Phillies didn't fold under pressure.

And Tank, why aren't you banned or something? Can you just go away? Either that or calm the hell down, which most likely won't happen, so please, leave this board. Thanks in advance.

Please stop toturing me my whole life has been like this I should have killed myself years ago but I kept lying to myself telling myself thinsg would get better it only got worse.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Look, Tank, I like you but you've lost your :censored:ing mind. You need help that nobody on this forum can give you... seek it out. This is the second time you've ruined a thread that I enjoyed with your issues and complete overreaction to the goings on in Shea Stadium this past week... so please stop ruining my favorite threads.

The reason nobody wants to talk to you anymore is because you're out of your :censored:ing mind all of a sudden. If you need the help... get help.

But if this thread gets shut down like the thread about the Red Sox crumbling when they actually weren't... you're going on my ignore list too.

IUe6Hvh.png

Look, Tank, I like you but you've lost your :censored:ing mind. You need help that nobody on this forum can give you... seek it out. This is the second time you've ruined a thread that I enjoyed with your issues and complete overreaction to the goings on in Shea Stadium this past week... so please stop ruining my favorite threads.

The reason nobody wants to talk to you anymore is because you're out of your :censored:ing mind all of a sudden. If you need the help... get help.

I dont trust phycitrist I have my reasons

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Ok I think I need to step in here. Now, we are all fans of probably every pro and college team in North America. That being said, for every win, there will be a loss for someone. Now granted there's a ton of heat on the Mets for what has transpired. On the flip side, kudos do have to be given to the Phillies for what they did. However, I would like to share something that Yale put on here a little bit ago for all to see.

There is no crime in being a loyal, vocal fan. There is no shame in fervently supporting your team. It is even tolerable and sometimes downright humorous to engage in harmless smack talk with fans of a rival team.

HOWEVER

It seems that as of late, much of the "debate" that has gone on between supporters and detractors of certain teams has jumped the fence of decency and found itself smack dab in the middle of discourteous, inane and downright crude mudslinging of the lowest possible order.

Granted, this forum is far from the Algonquin Round Table, however it would be nice if the sports debates in this forum could be conducted with a bit more decorum than those as of late. Malicious namecalling and tasteless pejoratives (look it up if you must) will not be tolerated. Debate with facts, not with outrageous, baseless opinions. And if someone steps out of line, don't interpret that as an invitation to lower yourself to the offender's level. A mod will eventually clean up the offensive post - and don't hesitate to report any such offensive posts - we do have a report feature here.

Sports debates are great when conducted as debates. When they are overshadowed or simply overwhelmed by petty or nasty bickering they are no longer enjoyable and simply spill over into other parts of the community. Don't be a part of the problem; conduct your arguments with civility or prepare to have your posts edited and possibly face further disciplinary action by the mods.

Thank you.

So while I won't close this thread (for now) I would like to say for all parties whether you are a Mets fan or a Phillies fan or a fan of any kind to please tone things down a little bit. No one needs to attack or insult anyone on here and any future comments, will be known to the mods. Thank you.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Yeah, and unfortunately I saw your post before you edited it. F-ing gross. Keep that to yourself, ok?

Yeah, and unfortunately I saw your post before you edited it. F-ing gross. Keep that to yourself, ok?

I'm about to throw up my Nilla Wafers all over the place because your post just about gave away what the original post said...

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived