Wild finish in the National League this weekend

HedleyLamarr

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not National League related, but with the Red Sox winning the AL East tonight, the Yankees streak falls short of the Braves record......

Speaking of which, there could be six different division winners this season from last.

<sarcasm>Yea, those 4 World Series titles in that span sure sucks alot more than having 14 division banners.

Boy, i wish the Yankees were the Braves...</sarcasm>

Heading into the playoffs nobody is in better shape then the Yankees, they can beat the Indians they can beat the Sox, and Joba Chamberlain gives them a 1-2 punch in the pen that cant be matched and a Line up that just keeps coming at you.

Not really. The Indians top two starters, Sabathia and Carmona, are better than Wang and anyone else the Yankees can throw. Wang has to pitch both possible starts on the road, and his home/road splits very much favor him pitching at home -- he struggles quit a bit on the road (4.91 ERA). I'm not sure if the Red Sox chose the longer series or the short one but if the Yankees have to play in the shorter series their bullpen is at a huge disadvantage because of Joba rules and there's absolutely no depth to it. And they're playing a lineup that can mash. And if the Yankees play the longer series, the Yankees might get Sabathia and Carmona in games 4 and 5.

edit: Rockies up 1-0 and barring a miracle in Milwaukee, they hold their fate in their own hands.

The Red Sox selected the longer series so the Yankees and Indians will play the 7 day series.

Well go thorugh something like this when you already have nothing and you will undestand how I feel.

I'm sorry you feel that way, Frank.

Can you hand me some of that champagne you had chilling over there? Thanks.

^_^

philly.png

It's not National League related, but with the Red Sox winning the AL East tonight, the Yankees streak falls short of the Braves record......

Speaking of which, there could be six different division winners this season from last.

<sarcasm>Yea, those 4 World Series titles in that span sure sucks alot more than having 14 division banners.

Boy, i wish the Yankees were the Braves...</sarcasm>

Heading into the playoffs nobody is in better shape then the Yankees, they can beat the Indians they can beat the Sox, and Joba Chamberlain gives them a 1-2 punch in the pen that cant be matched and a Line up that just keeps coming at you.

Not really. The Indians top two starters, Sabathia and Carmona, are better than Wang and anyone else the Yankees can throw. Wang has to pitch both possible starts on the road, and his home/road splits very much favor him pitching at home -- he struggles quit a bit on the road (4.91 ERA). I'm not sure if the Red Sox chose the longer series or the short one but if the Yankees have to play in the shorter series their bullpen is at a huge disadvantage because of Joba rules and there's absolutely no depth to it. And they're playing a lineup that can mash. And if the Yankees play the longer series, the Yankees might get Sabathia and Carmona in games 4 and 5.

edit: Rockies up 1-0 and barring a miracle in Milwaukee, they hold their fate in their own hands.

The Red Sox selected the longer series so the Yankees and Indians will play the 7 day series.

Ahhh, okay... I'm glad the Red Sox chose the longer series. They're the older team so the cross country flight might affect Boston more than the Angels.

IUe6Hvh.png

Like my whole life is over and I dont know what to do, this may have ruined any intrest I will ever have in baseball again

Good. Go for a walk.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Like my whole life is over and I dont know what to do, this may have ruined any intrest I will ever have in baseball again

Go drink a beer. It'll make you feel better.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Good. Go for a walk.

I gotta run a fantasy draft

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Good. Go for a walk.

I gotta run a fantasy draft

And it looks like you have something to live for after all.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Congrats Phillies.

Let's hope for a Cubs-Phillies NLCS and see where that leads us.

And let's hope the Indians win the AL. Let's really have fun with the demons of futility.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

How's this for irony (although I not sure if it is ironic)? Scott Kazmir ends up leading the Majors in Strikeouts the same year the team that idiotically traded him had the biggest collapse in baseball history because of a lack of pitching. That trade is going to continue to haunt the Mets for years.

Archived