----------

9. Golden State (36-46)

10. Seattle (35-47)

11. Memphis (34-48)

12. Sacramento (27-55)

13. Portland (26-56)

14. Minnesota (22-60)

15. L.A. Clippers (20-62)

Suns in fourth and Houston with the best record? Not likely.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

how does he justify the rockets with the best record in the league, um they stood pat pretty much i thought, and the hawks and bobcats make the playoffs and wash and Toronto not, yea good thing i dont pay for that ESPN insider crap.

From ESPN: John Hollinger's NBA Rankings:

EAST

1. Chicago (55-27)

2. Cleveland (54-28)

3. Boston (51-31)

4. Orlando (49-33)

5. Detroit (48-34)

6. Miami (43-39)

7. Atlanta (42-40)

8. Charlotte (40-42)

----------

9. New Jersey (39-43)

10. Toronto (39-43)

11. New York (38-44)

12. Milwaukee (35-47)

13. Washington (33-49)

14. Indiana (28-54)

15. Philadelphia (21-61)

WEST

1. Houston (61-21)

2. San Antonio (59-23)

3. Dallas (58-24)

4. Phoenix (54-28)

5. Denver (53-29)

6. Utah (50-32)

7. L.A. Lakers (43-39)

8. New Orleans (39-43)

----------

9. Golden State (36-46)

10. Seattle (35-47)

11. Memphis (34-48)

12. Sacramento (27-55)

13. Portland (26-56)

14. Minnesota (22-60)

15. L.A. Clippers (20-62)

Oh no they didn't! The Wiz have Arenas, Jaimson, and Butler. They were the East's best team at the All-Star break, and they would've gone to the Finals if not for the injuries to Arenas and Butler.

How the hell does this guy have the Nets out of the playoffs? They will definitely make the playoffs. Whatever, ESPN sucks anyway. Charlotte in the playoffs? Yeah, they'll win about 30-35. Atlanta in the playoffs? Atlanta? Charlotte and Atlanta suck every year. Why will this year all of a sudden be any different? I can't believe this idiot has Washington and Toronto out of the playoffs too.

and the sad part, is that ESPN thinks we will pay the see this, they just need to do away with the "insider" crap, it does no help to any body.

Au contraire it helps their bottom line.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Toronto looks good to win 50 games this year. With their nucleus of Bosh/Bargnani/Ford, they are looking good, and if Washington is healthy they will definitely make the playoffs.

My 8 playoff teams, in no particular order

East

------

Detroit, Miami, Boston, New Jersey, Toronto, Washington, Cleveland, Chicago, and Orlando

West

-------

Phoenix, San Antonio, Dallas, Utah, LA Lakers, Denver, Houston, and GS (same 8 as last year)

A few things wrong with this list....

Charlotte. Charlotte! Seriously, who the hell thinks that the Bobcats have any shot at the playoffs?!?! It's not like J-Rich is MJ.

Lakers. LA is going to struggle a lot this season. It pains me to say it, but this team just doesn't have enough pieces to compete. Add that to the Kobe distraction (I still think Kobe is a distraction), and you're looking at a lottery team.

Washington/New Jersey/Golden State: These three teams will do much better than that.

espnsig.gif

Toronto... What's up? They won the Atlantic last year. I guess the discontinuity is that ESPN is slurping Boston so much, that no matter who plays them, they will lose. And this is bad because Toronto plays Boston four times. Notice that Boston is the only team from the Atlantic Division to make the playoffs. (At least #3 is better than that 2K Sports promo that showed Boston and the Spurs in the finals next year...)

The reason why Washington is not on there is because he has 4 teams from the Southeast Division making the playoffs, and they are the other four. (Granted the Central Division sent all 5 to the playoffs two years ago.)

And the biggest crap in here:

THE TOP THREE TEAMS IN THE WEST ARE IN THE SAME DIVISION

I can guarantee you 1,000,000% that those won't be the playoff seedings, mainly because it's impossible.

Toronto... What's up? They won the Atlantic last year. I guess the discontinuity is that ESPN is slurping Boston so much, that no matter who plays them, they will lose. And this is bad because Toronto plays Boston four times. Notice that Boston is the only team from the Atlantic Division to make the playoffs. (At least #3 is better than that 2K Sports promo that showed Boston and the Spurs in the finals next year...)

The reason why Washington is not on there is because he has 4 teams from the Southeast Division making the playoffs, and they are the other four. (Granted the Central Division sent all 5 to the playoffs two years ago.)

And the biggest crap in here:

THE TOP THREE TEAMS IN THE WEST ARE IN THE SAME DIVISION

I can guarantee you 1,000,000% that those won't be the playoff seedings, mainly because it's impossible.

They are ranked by projected record

here are the projected playoff seedings:

EAST

1. Chicago

2. Cleveland

3. Boston

4. Orlando

5. Detroit

6. Miami

7. Atlanta

8. Charlotte

WEST

1. Houston

2. San Antonio

3. Phoenix

4. Denver

5. Dallas

6. Utah

7. L.A. Lakers

8. New Orleans

So this guy has the Hawks projected to slide into the playoffs? Wow.

That being said, I agree with Boston being the 3 seed, because if people are saying that the Hawks are a playoff-caliber team in the East, then the Celtics have the ability to win the East, even if they have 3 aging stars and absolutely nobody else worth a damn on the court.

Toronto looks good to win 50 games this year. With their nucleus of Bosh/Bargnani/Ford, they are looking good, and if Washington is healthy they will definitely make the playoffs.

East

------

Detroit, Miami, Boston, New Jersey, Toronto, Washington, Cleveland, Chicago, and Orlando

West

-------

Phoenix, San Antonio, Dallas, Utah, LA Lakers, Denver, Houston, and GS (same 8 as last year)

You got 9 teams listed for the East.

I don't really follow the NBA anymore since it became a joke of a league. Although, I do find it hard to believe that, all of a sudden, Charlotte and Atlanta are playoff teams, and Washington slides to 13? Charlotte MAY have a better team and a SLIGHT chance to make the playoffs, but this list overall is a little odd.

Here my projections

EAST

1) Chicago

2) Boston

3) Detroit

4) Miami

5) Cleveland

6) Washington

7) New Jersey

8) Toronto

--------------------

9) Orlando

10) New York

11) Charlotte

12) Philadelphia

13) Indiana

14) Milwaukee

15) Atlanta

WEST

1) Phoenix

2) San Antonio

3) Houston

4) Denver

5) Dallas

6) Utah

7) Golden State

8) LA Lakers

-------------------

9) New Orleans

10) Mephis

11) Portland

12) Sacramento

13) Seattle

14) Minnesota

15) LA Clippers

East

------

West

-------

You got 9 teams listed for the East.

I don't really follow the NBA anymore since it became a joke of a league. Although, I do find it hard to believe that, all of a sudden, Charlotte and Atlanta are playoff teams, and Washington slides to 13? Charlotte MAY have a better team and a SLIGHT chance to make the playoffs, but this list overall is a little odd.

Good observation, I'm no expert, just a fan... btw..what constitutes a person being considered an expert? Either way, enough with the predictions! Can't wait for tip off!

How the hell does this guy have the Nets out of the playoffs? They will definitely make the playoffs. Whatever, ESPN sucks anyway. Charlotte in the playoffs? Yeah, they'll win about 30-35. Atlanta in the playoffs? Atlanta? Charlotte and Atlanta suck every year. Why will this year all of a sudden be any different? I can't believe this idiot has Washington and Toronto out of the playoffs too.

Although I disagree with Charlotte being in the playoffs and the Wizards and Raptors out, I will cosign with Atlanta at least having a shot at the playoffs this year. Atlanta has done nothing but good things this offseason. They had one of the best drafts, and both picks are coming along really well. Joe Johnson is going to put up points like he normally does, and Josh Smith is going to breakout 'for real' this year. That, the fact that everybody else is improving, and the Hawks actually have a PG for a change means that playoffs aren't that farfetched of an idea, and the Hawks will not suck. 7-8 seed is a feasable goal for this team this year.

These are some bad rankings. I'd love to see the Bulls come in 1st, but I just don't see them doing that in the regular season. They usually have a long losing streak during the middle of the season, and have to settle for a middle of the pack seed. I don't think that they've gotten that much better either. Noah just doesn't seem like an NBA-caliber player, Gray had some terrible games last year and doesn't look NBA ready, and Curry might have some upside but seems to have a hard time staying out of trouble. I think the Bulls might be able to put up a strong playoff run and get to and possibly win the Finals, but I don't see them beating out the Pistons over the 82 game season.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Here my projections

EAST

1) Chicago

2) Boston

3) Detroit

4) Miami

5) Cleveland

6) Washington

7) New Jersey

8) Toronto

WEST

1) Phoenix

2) San Antonio

3) Houston

4) Denver

5) Dallas

6) Utah

7) Golden State

8) LA Lakers

You know what they say about the more things change, the more they stay the same. Swap Boston for Orlando and those are the same teams as last year, but that's what people are saying, I guess. The order's different, but still it's not likely. There will be at least three new playoff teams overall.

Also I figured inasmuch as the list was regarding the records and not playoff standings, but when have the top 3 teams in a division be the top 3 teams in the conference? It's like what happened with Dallas and San Antonio (2006) being the top two teams in the division and overall, and they had to ammend the playoff format in case it happened again. Would they ammend it again if it were the top 3 teams instead of the top 2 carrying over to the respective ranks over the entire conference?

Archived