2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Words cannot describe what it was like to be at the game tonight...

I have regained full confidence and then some in this Penguins team. We have a series, folks.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

I just had a disturbing realization.

If this series goes the distance, Game 7 would fall on the night of Saturday, June 7 - right after the Belmont Stakes.

Meaning that if Big Brown manages to win that race, NBC will probably treat us to a couple of hours of Triple-Crown-winning celebration coverage after the race, and if we're lucky they'll then switch over to the last few minutes of Game 7 as an afterthought.

CCSLC signature.png

I just had a disturbing realization.

If this series goes the distance, Game 7 would fall on the night of Saturday, June 7 - right after the Belmont Stakes.

Meaning that if Big Brown manages to win that race, NBC will probably treat us to a couple of hours of Triple-Crown-winning celebration coverage after the race, and if we're lucky they'll then switch over to the last few minutes of Game 7 as an afterthought.

NBC doesn't have the rights to the Belmont.

Anyways, that was a fantastic game tons of hitting in the third. However it's not a series unless Pittsburgh can do this again and take game 4. If not it's 3-1 going back to Detroit where the Pens were dominated.

anyone else bothered by the fact that the Pens restricted ticket sales to anyone in the Detroit area yet whined and cried and called a DoJ official about it back when the Caps did it to them in '01? hmm.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

anyone else bothered by the fact that the Pens restricted ticket sales to anyone in the Detroit area yet whined and cried and called a DoJ official about it back when the Caps did it to them in '01? hmm.

Yah that is ridiculous.

It's amazing how certain Pens fans were calling this series over. Suddenly there is a surge of confidence. :P

Hi, how are you?

I have regained full confidence and then some in this Penguins team. We have a series, folks.

yeah, but how loud was it? Cuz really, man, that's all that matters.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

yeah, but how loud was it? Cuz really, man, that's all that matters.

:D

Hi, how are you?

It's amazing how certain Pens fans were calling this series over. Suddenly there is a surge of confidence. :P

Discalaimer: My opinions immediately after a pens game of much significance that has ended in a very unfavorable way (or sometimes favorable) for the pens may be extreme in one way or another and driven at least 87.71% by pure emotion and, therefore, are not to be taken any more seriously than they usually would be, however seriously that may be.

Everyone always tells me I should be a lawyer. :D

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Discalaimer: My opinions immediately after a pens game of much significance that has ended in a very unfavorable way (or sometimes favorable) for the pens may be extreme in one way or another and driven at least 87.71% by pure emotion and, therefore, are not to be taken any more seriously than they usually would be, however seriously that may be.

Happens to the best of them. ^_^

... I'm still calling Wings in 5 though.

Hi, how are you?

+/- 2%, 95 times out of 100

I saw, I came, I left.

That's more understandable then the fans here in the Philly area. If you substitute the Red Wings for the Flyers, putting them in the same position that Detroit is in, even with the same two dominate performances in Game 1 and Game 2, Flyers' fans would be saying right now, "It's over! The Flyers suck! The Penguins will finish this in six games."

In my opinion, it's better to be overly optimistic then ridiculously pessimistic.

As for my opinion on this series, the Wings should still win it. At most it will take six games.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

That's more understandable then the fans here in the Philly area. If you substitute the Red Wings for the Flyers, putting them in the same position that Detroit is in, even with the same two dominate performances in Game 1 and Game 2, Flyers' fans would be saying right now, "It's over! The Flyers suck! The Penguins will finish this in six games."

In my opinion, it's better to be overly optimistic then ridiculously pessimistic.

As for my opinion on this series, the Wings should still win it. At most it will take six games.

but in fairness, once the flyers or really any philly team reaches a round at or near the championship rounds, its usually is over in favor of the opposing team. its filthydelfia, its what we have come to expect.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

If I hear one more time on TV on how Sidney Crosby has "led" the Penguins to the SCF, I might explode. For just once, I really want to hear credit given to guys who deserve it like Marc-Andre Fleury, Brooks Orpik and Ryan Whitney.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

but in fairness, once the flyers or really any philly team reaches a round at or near the championship rounds, its usually is over in favor of the opposing team. its filthydelfia, its what we have come to expect.

Great do we have to start city wars again?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

If I hear one more time on TV on how Sidney Crosby has "led" the Penguins to the SCF, I might explode. For just once, I really want to hear credit given to guys who deserve it like Marc-Andre Fleury, Brooks Orpik and Ryan Whitney.

Well Crosby is the captain and captains tend to get credit for leading the team.

Well Crosby is the captain and captains tend to get credit for leading the team.

Yes but the problem is when the teams in the dumps we never hear anything about Crosby. He doesn't have to step up his game or anything it's the teams fault.

The Pens will be loosing and you say where's Sid, then response you'll get is " You can't blame Crosby it takes a team to win "

Then they win and suddenly it's all Sidney Crosby. It's brutal, like if you want to give him all the credit for winning, then he needs to take all the slac kfor loosing which he doesn't.

untitled-6.jpg

But that's just the media talking, not the Penguins locker room where it really matters. Maybe that's way I change the station whenever the network turn to "the panel" for their insight.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived