New NBA Courts

jhans203

I didn't take a picture of it, but I can describe the Hawks new floor:

It's the two-tone wood look. The darker-colored wood is the out-of-bounds border of the court, and the lighter-colored wood is the inbounds part of the court. The paint area is that navy blue color, and the sprawled-bird logo is at midcourt.

atl.jpg

l_7814dbc5d594abfd40f2f7f34d4b87af.jpg

But apparently they changed it mid-preseason.

HawksCourt.png

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And speaking of "the Rumor Mill".... rumor has it the Rockets are getting silver and black (with red accents I assume) alternate jersey's for next season (2008-09). Silver immediately conjure's up images of the Mavs "Hefty Bag's" of a few seasons back.

Something like this?

OneTimeMavs2.jpg

Or something like this?

nets43_resize.jpg

Keep in mind the difference in silver, because sometimes people say "silver" when they mean to say "grey." I cannot confirm this, but I have heard that for use last season; they already missed out on two potential seasons of use, so I think they won't pull the trigger. Not yet, anyway.

Also the NBA has a rule right now prohibiting black alternate uniforms.

Well, I brought up "Mavs Silver" for a specific reason.....hopefully that clears the air.

Whatever the the Rockets come up with, it should be interesting...

NYCdog.png

It's the two-tone wood look. The darker-colored wood is the out-of-bounds border of the court, and the lighter-colored wood is the inbounds part of the court. The paint area is that navy blue color, and the sprawled-bird logo is at midcourt.

atl.jpg

HawksCourt.png

...and thank goodness they did. The out of bounds area looked horrid.

A better look at the Nuggets new court. Odd that the black outline in center court is the only thing black around.

fullj.getty-77016161by017_denver_nugget.jpg

It's more than likely Navy, not Black, since it's one of their colors.

Nope....that's black.

Thats a dark shade of navy, it looks black cause of the camera angle, but its navy.

My bad, I can see the hint of blue now. Its too dark in my opinion. Makes the logo look awkward.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

And speaking of "the Rumor Mill".... rumor has it the Rockets are getting silver and black (with red accents I assume) alternate jersey's for next season (2008-09). Silver immediately conjure's up images of the Mavs "Hefty Bag's" of a few seasons back.

Something like this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/Shi...neTimeMavs2.jpg

Or something like this?

http://www.bballone.com/jasonk/nets/images/nets43_resize.jpg

Keep in mind the difference in silver, because sometimes people say "silver" when they mean to say "grey." I cannot confirm this, but I have heard that for use last season; they already missed out on two potential seasons of use, so I think they won't pull the trigger. Not yet, anyway.

Also the NBA has a rule right now prohibiting black alternate uniforms.

Well, I brought up "Mavs Silver" for a specific reason.....hopefully that clears the air.

Whatever the the Rockets come up with, it should be interesting...

Yeah, I figured, that's why I put that in there first. I was seeing if you could recall the rumor mill saying "silver" or "grey," or that they could say silver but actually mean grey. I know that you were referring to the Mavs' alt., because it was right there.

My thought is that no team would replicate an alternate jersey that was worn only once because people hated it so much, so I was trying to keep you from "conjuring up images" of the Mavs' alt. if what you heard would more accurately describe the Nets alt.

EDIT: I also meant to show a comparison with San Antonio 1980's alt. but got sidetracked trying to find it. That would be a better example of the variations.

atl.jpg

HawksCourt.png

...and thank goodness they did. The out of bounds area looked horrid.

I still think the video game version, with the blue out-of-bounds area and the red paint would've looked better.

I have a question about the Cleveland Cavs' Court. When they played Dallas at home the Quiken Loans Arena name was on opposite ends of the floor. Tonight against the Knicks is on the same end at the bottom end of the floor. Why do they keep doing that? I think they did it last season also.

atl.jpg

That ended up being the court they used. They must've changed their minds TWICE during the preseason.

I have a question about the Cleveland Cavs' Court. When they played Dallas at home the Quiken Loans Arena name was on opposite ends of the floor. Tonight against the Knicks is on the same end at the bottom end of the floor. Why do they keep doing that? I think they did it last season also.

I think theres a version for National TV and a version for Regional TV.

bSLCtu2.png

I'm watching the Nets/Sixers game right now and the Sixers have a new court...

-- The alternate "76" logos and the blue trails coming out of the borders are gone

-- Center court "76ERS" logo has been replaced by black "SIXERS" script (with ball) just like the front of the home jersey. There is no tipoff circle anymore. (Old court had a blue circle behind the "76ERS" logo)

-- Out-of-bounds area is the same as before....black all around

-- Paint area is the same as before.....blue paint, blue circle, black edges

-- Upper-left and upper-right corners (TV view), right in front of the benches, have "WWW.SIXERS.COM" in white

-- On each baseline, they've replaced "SIXERS" with the "76ERS" logo on the right (which would be the upper-left and lower-right corners when watching on TV)

OLD court:

iguodala.jpg

Followup from a few weeks back: here's a pic of the new court

fullj.getty-76075368jg015_nets_sixers.jpg

Archived