New NBA Courts

jhans203

and according to the rumor mill, the lakers and clippers are due to get new floors

Well they annouced it last season and the Lakers was going back to their FORUM floor with their anniversarry logo in the middle and the Clippers floor would be all red with the primary logo on the center court.

As a Laker fan, I can't wait..

Sat, October 20th - 4:30pm Phoenix Suns vs. LA Clippers (STAPLES Center)

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just so I can critique the accuracy of the video games, is this list correct?

*Hawks

I saw a video game at the arena the other night, and the game's Hawks court was navy around the court and red in the paint-area, which was wrong. I don't remember which game it was, though....

Just so I can critique the accuracy of the video games, is this list correct?

*Hawks

I saw a video game at the arena the other night, and the game's Hawks court was navy around the court and red in the paint-area, which was wrong. I don't remember which game it was, though....

2K8's Hawks court is just a blue court.

bSLCtu2.png

and according to the rumor mill, the lakers and clippers are due to get new floors

Well they annouced it last season and the Lakers was going back to their FORUM floor with their anniversarry logo in the middle and the Clippers floor would be all red with the primary logo on the center court.

Absolutely fantastic news, on both accounts.

As a Laker fan, I can't wait..

Sat, October 20th - 4:30pm Phoenix Suns vs. LA Clippers (STAPLES Center)

niiiiiice....thats the best news I've heard all day

and according to the rumor mill...

the Clippers floor would be all red with the primary logo on the center court.

The "Rumor Mill" is 0 for 1 so far....

The Clips hosted the Suns last night.....their old court was still in play with no changes...

Tormorrw night, its the Lakers turn....can the "Rumor Mill" go 0 for 2?

And speaking of "the Rumor Mill".... rumor has it the Rockets are getting silver and black (with red accents I assume) alternate jersey's for next season (2008-09). Silver immediately conjure's up images of the Mavs "Hefty Bag's" of a few seasons back. Someone care to confirm this or does the "Rumor Mill" strike out?

NYCdog.png

And speaking of "the Rumor Mill".... rumor has it the Rockets are getting silver and black (with red accents I assume) alternate jersey's for next season (2008-09). Silver immediately conjure's up images of the Mavs "Hefty Bag's" of a few seasons back.

Something like this?

OneTimeMavs2.jpg

Or something like this?

nets43_resize.jpg

Keep in mind the difference in silver, because sometimes people say "silver" when they mean to say "grey." I cannot confirm this, but I have heard that for use last season; they already missed out on two potential seasons of use, so I think they won't pull the trigger. Not yet, anyway.

Also the NBA has a rule right now prohibiting black alternate uniforms.

A better look at the Nuggets new court. Odd that the black outline in center court is the only thing black around.

fullj.getty-77016161by017_denver_nugget.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Suns have a new court, they play the Nuggets on TNT this Thursday in preseason, so that will be the first look at it.

NEXT FLOOR PLEASE

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/100299

The Suns unveiled their new playing floor – the fifth since the team moved to US Airways Center in 1992 – at Tuesday’s practice and will officially christen it Thursday when they face Denver in the final home preseason game.

Suns vice president of facility management Alvan Adams said the new floor and scorer’s table (with matrix board advertising) has a price tag of about $100,000. The floor has bigger pieces with the connecting pins built into it – which should increase the speed of the put-down and tear-down process.

“It’s made by the same company that has made the All-Star floor the past few years,” Adams said. “It was time for a change, so we thought we’d go with something different.”

Fans will mostly notice a lighter tone of wood inside the 3-point lines and the new basket standards. The old floor will be handed down to and repainted for the Phoenix Mercury, while the Mercury’s old floor was cut down for a miniaturized court that is used at one of the arena’s courtside clubs.

arizonawildcatsbs4.png

Suns have a new court, they play the Nuggets on TNT this Thursday in preseason, so that will be the first look at it.
NEXT FLOOR PLEASE

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/100299

The Suns unveiled their new playing floor ? the fifth since the team moved to US Airways Center in 1992 ? at Tuesday?s practice and will officially christen it Thursday when they face Denver in the final home preseason game.

Suns vice president of facility management Alvan Adams said the new floor and scorer?s table (with matrix board advertising) has a price tag of about $100,000. The floor has bigger pieces with the connecting pins built into it ? which should increase the speed of the put-down and tear-down process.

?It?s made by the same company that has made the All-Star floor the past few years,? Adams said. ?It was time for a change, so we thought we?d go with something different.?

Fans will mostly notice a lighter tone of wood inside the 3-point lines and the new basket standards. The old floor will be handed down to and repainted for the Phoenix Mercury, while the Mercury?s old floor was cut down for a miniaturized court that is used at one of the arena?s courtside clubs.

Center Court logo is smaller and also inside the key is light wood, last year it was dark wood, but its pretty much the same design as last year

A better look at the Nuggets new court. Odd that the black outline in center court is the only thing black around.

fullj.getty-77016161by017_denver_nugget.jpg

It's more than likely Navy, not Black, since it's one of their colors.

Nope....that's black.

Thats a dark shade of navy, it looks black cause of the camera angle, but its navy.

Archived