J-E-T-S, TITANS! TITANS! TITANS!

reppact

God, I wish the Saints would go with that design....

Stay tuned to the Concepts forum...I think you'll see something soon that will interest you.

Somehow, I get the same feeling... ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These uniforms make you realize how underused "old gold" in its various forms is in the NFL and college compared to the more run-of-the-mill athletic and metallic gold.

Oh, you had to get me started, didn't you? This is one of the main problems with the Saints' current sets. Give me these any day!

ebay254edited7rzMedium.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I don't know if this is historically accurate or not, but the 2s on the front number and the sleeve/TV number don't match (see the serif on the top left of the front number). Anyone know if that is correct or an oversight by the Jets?

69b5084f-8218-4ebe-91a7-b27789ad4afc.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I don't know if this is historically accurate or not, but the 2s on the front number and the sleeve/TV number don't match (see the serif on the top left of the front number). Anyone know if that is correct or an oversight by the Jets?

Don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me were that accurate. Many teams from the 1960s had little inconsistencies between chest numbers and TV numbers (some, such as the Packers, carry their mismatched "5"s to this day).

I got more of a UCLA vibe (even though they are a lighter blue) than the Rams. I think it's a pretty nice combination though.

Yes, the original Titans wore a UCLA-style insert. And yes, kiddies, I actually remember the Titans. They played at the Polo Grounds and owner Harry Wismer actually did play-by-play (he was a sports announcer) on the radio games. Their uniforms were made by MacGregor Sporting Goods of Cincinnatti. MacGregor was at one time an equal of Spalding, Rawlings and Wilson. We sold the MacGregor line at the sorting goods store I worked at in Rochester.

69b5084f-8218-4ebe-91a7-b27789ad4afc.jpg

Well heres a better view to prove you right:

Jones-10.jpg

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Well today, the small paper in Melbourne here actually had gridiron on the back page.... probably the first time ever American sport has made it on the back page of any paper here.

It was a picture of Aussies Ben Graham and Sav Rocca before they faced off yesterday.... a great headline a few pages in "G'day, so we meet again....this time with shoulder pads and helmets'.

Anyway, the point of this post is to day that when I saw the picture and Graham in yellow, black and white, i was trying to work out why. This thread answers my questions.

That's it. I'll try find a picture of the back page.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

....and they should make these an annual thing now....they're so good....

Could you imagine them wearing these against another AFL team in throwbacks if they could/would coordinate that?!?

Awhile back (might have even been at this board), I remember someone proposing that the Original Six all updated their looks (i.e. the NYR's wearing the statue of liberty jersey full time) and only broke out their traditional sweaters for games against other Original Six teams. I'd like to see that adapted for the original 8 AFL teams.

I know it'll never happen because the NFL limits the wearing of alt jerseys to 2x/year (and I think the people of KC would object to their team wearing a picture of Texas on their helmets for all their intra-division games), but it's nice to dream.

Archived