Rebranding the NHL: San Jose Sharks

GFB

I would more go after the artist who painted it... that is more likely who stole it.

Also, I wouldn't say a TON of money would be made. This isn't getting sold, it is on one mask.

Maybe he could send you the mask after the season is over as compensation. Now THAT would be cool... and probably worth more money than you could really squeeze out of the man.

All he would need to do is have it repainted and you get jack.

Plus the image in Drew's post.... check out the word Boosh and the dorsal fin... they aren't even ON the helmet.... part of it is displaying on the ground. THAT is a photoshopped image there.

Your right.... I don't want to scare him out of using it, nor do I think that I will get a small fortune for it. Does anyone know who made the mask?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
445.jpg

It says Boosh in the same font on the back too.

Plus the image in Drew's post.... check out the word Boosh and the dorsal fin... they aren't even ON the helmet.... part of it is displaying on the ground. THAT is a photoshopped image there.

Your right man, now that I look at it more, I see that it looks kinda like a cardboard cutout just sitting there leaning up agianst the helmet.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

445.jpg

It says Boosh in the same font on the back too.

Your right man, now that I look at it more, I see that it looks kinda like a cardboard cutout just sitting there leaning up agianst the helmet.

It reminds me of a BMX helment.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I disagree. I think they are definitely painted on the mask. I just think it looks like you said because there is water/ocean painted at the bottom and it blends into the ground.

See all of my concepts at: Designed by DRutka

main%20555.gif

4inarow.gif

I disagree. I think they are definitely painted on the mask. I just think it looks like you said because there is water/ocean painted at the bottom and it blends into the ground.

I opened it in photoshop and zoomed in... I think the part that looks like shadow could be the waterline... like on the front chin area... problem I still have is there isn't a definitive line where the bottom of that back plate meets the concrete... hard to tell in this photo where the bottom of that back side sits... that is what is making it appear to NOT be on the helmet... I think I was wrong in the first look analysis.

If we can find a good shot from the rear while he is wearing it we could see for sure...

I still say find out who the painter was... check out the Sharks message board... someone may have a name... fans often know these things about their fav goalies.

No... look closer.... the bottom of the back plate is "wavy" in that the shape of the bottom of that plate is contoured. You can see the shadow it is casting on the ground THROUGH the BOOSH text and dorsal fin. Follow the contour of the back plate all the way around and you will see it is photoshopped. Unless the artist painted concrete onto the helmet and it magically meshes with the rest of the ground.

I don't doubt the front is painted... I think this is a "in progess" photo and the back lettering and dorsal fin were placed for reference on what the final piece will kind of look like.

I'm not sure if this is what you're saying, but I think the whole back view thing is a cutout.

From SJ Sharks website..

NEW LOOK

Backup goaltender Brian Boucher may be closer to looking like a Sharks player in the next couple of weeks as new leg pads should be coming soon.

?I?m due for new pads anyway,? Boucher said. He?ll still need time to break-in those big leather pads when they arrive.

As for the mask, the current one is a retro model, dating back to his early days with the Philadelphia Phantoms in the late 1990s.

?I kept it (the current mask) the whole time and just put it in my son?s room in Rhode Island,? Boucher said. ?The mask is from the Phantoms from years ago.?

The mask should also soon change to represent Team Teal, but what it will look like will be decided by someone else.

?I?ve had the same guy (painting my masks) all these years, so hopefully he?ll bump me up in line,? Boucher said. ?I?m not very creative, so I?ll just leave it up to the painter.?

So after doing a little digging, this guy has done Boucher's mask in past, so I'd say it's a safe bet! http://www.daveart.com/

HOLY FRIGGON CRAP GFB, an NHL goalie is using one of your logos, thats insane, thats probably the next step to them using it, then youll be a friggon millionaire.

Uh no offense to ''GFB'' but I don't think you can get anywhere close to a million dollars from them using your font. Some compensation, but nowhere close to being a "friggon millionaire".

:P

Hi, how are you?

Its interesting to see how many NHL goalies are using DaveArt out of Sweeden. He got well known when Hedberg played for the Penguins back in 2001 or so, and since then lots of goalies have used his talents.

Unrelated, but for those pads being Phantoms pads, they work fairly well with the sharks colors. I'd rather see teal than orange and black (or at least some color, yes Nabokov, I'm looking at you) but they dont clash too badly. Its kind of cool actually.

SEAsig.png

HOLY FRIGGON CRAP GFB, an NHL goalie is using one of your logos, thats insane, thats probably the next step to them using it, then youll be a friggon millionaire.

Uh no offense to ''GFB'' but I don't think you can get anywhere close to a million dollars from them using your font. Some compensation, but nowhere close to being a "friggon millionaire".

:P

yea, but if they end up using it for teh teams wordmark, he would get a ton of money.

From SJ Sharks website..

NEW LOOK

Backup goaltender Brian Boucher may be closer to looking like a Sharks player in the next couple of weeks as new leg pads should be coming soon.

?I?m due for new pads anyway,? Boucher said. He?ll still need time to break-in those big leather pads when they arrive.

As for the mask, the current one is a retro model, dating back to his early days with the Philadelphia Phantoms in the late 1990s.

?I kept it (the current mask) the whole time and just put it in my son?s room in Rhode Island,? Boucher said. ?The mask is from the Phantoms from years ago.?

The mask should also soon change to represent Team Teal, but what it will look like will be decided by someone else.

?I?ve had the same guy (painting my masks) all these years, so hopefully he?ll bump me up in line,? Boucher said. ?I?m not very creative, so I?ll just leave it up to the painter.?

So after doing a little digging, this guy has done Boucher's mask in past, so I'd say it's a safe bet! http://www.daveart.com/

Actually, I've done some digging of my own...

www.cipradesign.com

Take a look at some of his gallery designs... for example:

hechtfly.JPG

cougar2.JPG

autumn1.jpg

Now compare that setting to...

445.jpg

I'd say that there is a good chance that Frank Cipra did Boucher's mask....

Archived