Turning against a team

NJTank

Have you ever truned on a team you once rooted for?

In othe rwords have you changed a favorite team based on how the team is run, and become fan of another team for one reason or another vote in teh poll and give your opions on the subject this shoudl be quite intresting indeed.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one have now officialy turned against the New York Rangers.

I am still a fan of Mark Messier and Brian Leetch, and will always cerish that 1994 team but I just can't root for this team any more.

In fact I now almost take pleasure out of them losing. I completley hate how the team is run and living in NJ I should be a Devils fan any way especially since they run the right with class. With Lou Lamorello at the helm.

Will I ever go back to teh Rangers? I highly doubt it, unless the Devils move or something.

However unlike 10 years ago when they met in the greatets playoff series in NHL history (debate if you want to me it is) the next time they fac eoff in the playoffs Ill be pulling for the Devils.

I guess its safe to say the Jagr deal was the last straw for me.

Call be a fair weather fan or not. I usually stick with a team.

I dont hate the Yankees. I do like to see them win the World Series as long as its not against the Mets.

Im still a Mets fan I stuck with them through the early 90s (although for about a week I considered dropping them like I did the Rangers becuase of Vince Coleman.)

But the absolute oblious nature thsi team is run is just got me agitated they dont even try to win these overpaid morons.

I rather lose with rookies then be mediocre and overpaid. Besides its teh Rnagers overspending that is driving the league to a big showdown with the CBA so they are damaging the sport too.

I dont hate the Rangers I just dont care if the win or lose any more.

In fact the only NY area teams I genually hate are the Jets and Islanders.

So to the Rangers in the words of Ahhhnold in Total Recall "Consider this a divorce"

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Well I have always been a Nets fan in the NBA, and taht was some doing since p untiul a few years ago they stunk every year.

Although durring the bad years I have always had second favorite teams I would root for in the post season, like the (Celtics in the 80's, or the SUns and Jazz in the 90's) its been the Nets who have always been my true team.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Yep, I did... twice.

First time was when I was young. I was a huge 49ers fan, mainly because of Joe Montana. After he retired, I stopped liking them. (Never liked the Chiefs, however.)

Once I stopped liking the Niners, I started cheering for the Patriots for two reasons: their new logo and Drew Bledsoe.

Then came 1995. Jacksonville was awarded (and became) an expansion team, and because I'm an hour and a half away from Jax, I automatically became a fan. Plus, I loved their colors and BOTH logos.

EDIT: And now, for a third time, I have officially broken up with the Jaguars. I expect to be following the Broncos come next season.

I don't recall if I ever cheered for the Maple Leafs before, but I'm a hardcore Habs fan, so that speaks for itself.

I was a fan of the Mighty Ducks way back when it seemed cool that there actually WAS a team called the Mighty Ducks...and then I realized what a joke the team was and grew up. I still play goal in my old Ducks jersey, theres no other uniform that I'd roll around on the ground in other than that one.

I've never turned against a favorite team, but I've had them slip done a place when there's been expansion or teams moving.  If there's a new hometown team, I'll support it, even if my current favorite has to become my second choice.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Forever a team teal backer.  I have a passion for Sharks hockey.  However, my love for hockey reaches back two years before when word of the North Stars coming to Oakland were slowly coming together.  I loved Neal Broten and his grittiness and some rookie that looked like a mega star.  I think his name was Mike Modano.

Of course, they stayed in Minny for three more seasons and then ended up in Dallas.  Of course now, Dallas is one of, if not the top rival for the San Jose Sharks.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I take pride in the fact that I never lose faith in my teams. I always hold faith, and will never switch teams. Or so I say.

And, I pretty well believe it, but right now I've had it with the Rams and the coaches they've let go, the ones (mainly Martz) they've kept. The personnel decisions they've let Martz make. I believe he will be the starter, but if Warner is not back with the Rams next year, I am strongly considering making the leap to his new team until Martz is fired. I don't believe it will unfold that way though.

NBA has been weird for me. I always liked the Bulls with Jordan. Then he retired...stopped watching basketball, but was technically still a Bulls fan. Then he came back. I liked the Wizards and the Bulls. Then he retired. Now I guess I'm a Bulls fan, but until they get a team in St. Louis, I don't care much.

Devils

Giants

Jets

Yankees

Never rooted against them (except for the occasional Giants-Jets game, then i root for the Giants), and i never will.

However, i was a Nets fan up until a week or so ago. Once they were sold to the Brooklyn c**ksucker, i stopped. Why root for a team that's abandoning you? So now i'm a Knicks fan

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Nope.  I value sticking with my teams through thick-and-thin.

My favorite teams haven't changed much - I still root for my teams from yester year. :;):

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

When I was young, I bounced around rooting for whoever was winning.  But as soon as Anaheim came into the league, I stopped.  I've been a Ducks fan since day one.  Don't like it, eat me.  Great cherished memory of Steve Thomas banging home the rebound over Martin Broduer one minute into my 20th birthday.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived