Uniforms in Madden

Chazberg

So by now we're all well aware that the EA geniuses have left out many obvious uniforms (Browns all white roads, Rams navy w/gold pants, etc.). So my question is, is there any way of downloading these uniforms? I've seen people on here create uniforms for other games, so I figure there's a decent chance it's possible. Again, sorry if it's been discussed before. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Well, we all remember that last year's version had downloadable uniforms after a certain period of time...I can't recall exactly when they were up for download. Keep in mind though, Madden 07 only had two default uni's per team, I believe. The downloadable ones were the *only* alternate/retro uni's offered in the entire game. Realizing that, I'm gonna say they probably won't offer any additional uni's this year, sadly. At this point I'm not surprised when EA doesn't go "above and beyond" to please its Madden gamers.

I have another problem with Madden relating to uniforms. Well, two, actually. There's the obvious one: we've been using the same logos and jersey templates for creating custom teams (or rebranding relocated teams in Franchise Mode) for five years now. Maybe more, I don't know. Couldn't we get some new friggin' options? And, on a similar note, if I'm in Franchise Mode with any team, why can't I add a custom alt. uniform to their collection? You have to redo the whole jersey set, and when you do that, you can't put the team's logo on their helmet. Same goes if you move a team. Why can't you keep their jerseys and the helmet? You have to use those generic helmet logos.

At this point I'm not surprised when EA doesn't go "above and beyond" to please its Madden gamers.

No kidding, since they don't even have any competition any more. Didn't they buy out the ESPN 2K5 series, who was their only competitor?

I can imagine a bunch of EA geeks sitting around reading emails from folks like us: "Look, Dave! It's another request to put the Rams gold pants in the game. I'm thinking...NOT!!"

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

At this point I'm not surprised when EA doesn't go "above and beyond" to please its Madden gamers.

No kidding, since they don't even have any competition any more. Didn't they buy out the ESPN 2K5 series, who was their only competitor?

I can imagine a bunch of EA geeks sitting around reading emails from folks like us: "Look, Dave! It's another request to put the Rams gold pants in the game. I'm thinking...NOT!!"

actually, EA signed a deal to be the "exclusive and only video game home of the NFL". no other company is allowed to use the NFL name, team names, player names, etc. other games that come out with have different team names and league names but can still have players individually signed that arent currently signed to an NFL team.

I have another problem with Madden relating to uniforms. Well, two, actually. There's the obvious one: we've been using the same logos and jersey templates for creating custom teams (or rebranding relocated teams in Franchise Mode) for five years now. Maybe more, I don't know. Couldn't we get some new friggin' options? And, on a similar note, if I'm in Franchise Mode with any team, why can't I add a custom alt. uniform to their collection? You have to redo the whole jersey set, and when you do that, you can't put the team's logo on their helmet. Same goes if you move a team. Why can't you keep their jerseys and the helmet? You have to use those generic helmet logos.

you cant recreate any uniform or logo in part or in whole using the teams identity. That is even why you can't relocate a team and keep its logo and nickname. And EA has to guess on what uniforms and combos teams are going to wear going into a season.

And EA has to guess on what uniforms and combos teams are going to wear going into a season.

Now that they are the 'official' game of the NFL, there is no excuse for them continuing to screw this up every year, when the NFL can obviously provide the correct info to them. EA has messed this up every year since 1992! :cursing:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

actually, EA signed a deal to be the "exclusive and only video game home of the NFL". no other company is allowed to use the NFL name, team names, player names, etc. other games that come out with have different team names and league names but can still have players individually signed that arent currently signed to an NFL team.

Monopolies really suck. As does the NFL for allowing one. :cursing::cursing:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

So by now we're all well aware that the EA geniuses have left out many obvious uniforms (Browns all white roads, Rams navy w/gold pants, etc.). So my question is, is there any way of downloading these uniforms? I've seen people on here create uniforms for other games, so I figure there's a decent chance it's possible. Again, sorry if it's been discussed before. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don't think they'll be releasing any uni downloads for Madden this year. However, it could be worse - NCAA 08 doesn't have any alts at all and even many of the primaries aren't correct. They don't hav ethe new Texas A&M unis, the new Boise State Unis, and the list goes on.

Have you tried All Pro Football 2K8? It doesn't have the NFL logos, but it does have NFL legends, and it's got deep uniform customization. You can even change all the colors in the logo you choose. It's a fun game; I like it better than Madden.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

I don't think they'll be releasing any uni downloads for Madden this year. However, it could be worse - NCAA 08 doesn't have any alts at all and even many of the primaries aren't correct. They don't hav ethe new Texas A&M unis, the new Boise State Unis, and the list goes on.

Actually on the OLD xbox, EA's 2008 lineup still has many of the NCAA and NFL uni combinations used this year along with quite a few, but not all new unis. So, it pays to wait if you are into the uniform options.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

you cant recreate any uniform or logo in part or in whole using the teams identity. That is even why you can't relocate a team and keep its logo and nickname. And EA has to guess on what uniforms and combos teams are going to wear going into a season.

They may have to "guess" to an extent, but how can you possibly think the Rams are gonna drop the gold pants after they've worn them the last 7 years? And how do you guess that the Browns will completely abandon the white pants on the road in favor of solid brown ones that to this point don't exist? And let's see, what else....

-Eagles #'s are still the old version, sans-grey trim and shadow

-Colts still have striped socks (this I can't complian about since they're way better)

-Redskins white/burgundy look comes only with the solid burgundy socks

-Patriots road unis have solid white socks (?)

Those are just some off the top of my head. And I agree with the other guy, why can't you just customize within the current parameters they give you? How hard would it be for them to let me create the Titans' navy jersey/columbia pants combo, given that they have both elements in the game in other combos? Same goes for Tampa's all white, the Bears' all navy, and pretty much every combo Cincy has (not even the orange jersey available? Gimme a break!)

I really think that although I know nothing about video game development, I'd still be a way better NFL consultant than whatever boob they currently employ.

this makes no sense, whats the big deal if i take the cowboys and correct all the uniform flaws and recreate something thats better than what they wear or the seahawks or have the titans the way i want it. i really who they are marketing too the players/management/owners or the fans. it seems like they are getting less and less fan friendly while throwing something in there to give you the illusion its for the fans.

thats why i loved the early 00's of nhl, i could take the current stuff and remake the entire league the way i want it and enjoy it.

what this sounds like is this, we are the only option for nfl gaming, you either buy EA or a company EA owns (ensuring they money indirectly eventhough its not "EA" but a company owned by them) and like what we give you or put your money in an inferior title.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Those are just some off the top of my head. And I agree with the other guy, why can't you just customize within the current parameters they give you? How hard would it be for them to let me create the Titans' navy jersey/columbia pants combo, given that they have both elements in the game in other combos? Same goes for Tampa's all white, the Bears' all navy, and pretty much every combo Cincy has (not even the orange jersey available? Gimme a break!)

Gimme a break! Break me off a piece of that Football Cream.

This is what I posted when 08 first came out...

NFC South

Tampa Bay

Home: Red/Pewter

Away: White/Pewter

Alt: Red/White (which hasn't been worn for about 5 years)

Classic: Orange/White (which will never see the light of day and the logo faces wrong way on one side)

Missing: White/White combo

Caro

Home: Black/Silver

Away: White/White

Alt: Blue/Silver (and all white socks while the bench guys have the correct black socks)

Atl

Home: Red/White

Away: White/Black (wrong socks they are white with a black stripe instead of black)

Classic: Red/Gray (with red helmet), Black/Gray (Jerry Glanville homes)

Missing: All Black, White/White, Red/Black

NO

Home: Black/Gold (missing black pant stripe)

Away: White/Black

Alt: Black/Black, Black/Gold (correct current uniform)

Missing: White/Gold

NFC East

Wash

Home: Burgandy/White

Away: White/Burgandy (Clinton Portis style burgandy home sock not normal ones)

Classic: Burgandy/Yellow (70th Anniv patch, missing wordmark, spears on pants/shoulder face wrong way on one side)

Retro: Burgandy/Yellow (nothing on the helmet, logo on the sleeve)

Missing: White/White

Dal

Home: Blue/Silver (yes blue)

Away: White/Silver

Classic: Blue/Silver (Aikman era blues and numbers are not outlined in white)

Alt: White/White (White version of current throwback and selecting it means both teams are in white)

Missing: Blue/White (current throwback)

Philly

Home: Green/White

Away: White/Green

Classic: Green/Gray (Retro uni that is really old with green helmet and huge gray stripe down middle)

Alt: Black/White, Blue/White (This year's 75th anniv)

Missing: White/White, Black/Green

NYG

Home: Blue/Gray

Away: White/Gray

Alt: Red/Gray (Jersey has some blue/gray collar when it's supposed to be red with a blue triangle for the NFL EQT shield.)

Classic: Blue/White (Simms era)

NFC West

StL

Home: Blue/White

Away: White/Gold

Alt: Blue/White (First navy uniform with gold underarms and squirrly gold stripe on pants)

Classic: Blue/Yellow (SB uniforms)

Missing: Blue/Gold, Blue/Blue, White/Blue, White/White

AZ

Classic: Red/White (Previous uniform and uses current bird instead of old one) Red/Khaki ('94 throwbacks)

Missing: Red/Red, White/Red

SF

Home: Red/Gold

Away: White/Gold

Alt: Red/White (which I haven't since since they first updated their look)

Classic: Red/White (I believe it's the '94 throwbacks, but there is no logo or stripe on the helmet)

Missing: Red/Gold (Montana era throwbacks that they wear)

Sea

Home: Blue/Blue

Classic: Blue/Silver

Missing: Blue/White, White/Blue

NFC North

Chi

Away: White/Blue

Alt: Orange/White

Classic: Blue/Khaki ('94 Throwbacks)

Missing: Blue/Blue, White/White (which they have a pic of Hester wearing while game is loading)

GB

Home: Green/Yellow

Away: White/Yellow

Classic: Yellow-Blue/Khaki ('94 Throwbacks), Green/Yellow (Bart Starr era but has current green mask instead of gray)

Det

Home: Blue/Silver

Alt: Black/Silver

Classic: Blue/Silver (Thanksgiving style but has NFL style blue socks instead of solid blue)

Min

Home: Purple/White (Helmet from before the new unis)

Away: White/Purple (Helmet from before the new unis)

Alt: Purple/White (last set minus Viking on sleeve), Purple/White (what they will throwback to, but has purple mask instead of gray)

AFC North

Pitt

Home: Black/Yellow

Away: White/Yellow

Classic: Black-Yellow/Khaki ('94 Throwbacks)

Alt: Black/White (new one this year) Yellow-Black/Yellow (this one has the current helmet and looks like the old school one with a yellow yoke)

Cleve

Home: Brown/White

Away: White/Brown (never used)

Alt: Orange/White (retired and has orange socks instead of brown)

Classic: Brown/White (looks like the homes from a few years ago, but #s are outlined in orange)

Missing: White/White (and it's on the back of the box from a screen shot)

Cin

Home: Black/White

Classic: Black/White (Bengals on helmet era)

Missing: White/White, Orange/Black, Orange/White, Black/Black

Bal

Home: Purple/White

Alt: Black/Black

Classic: Purple/White (One with Raven spread on sleeve and old socks)

AFC West

Den

Classic: Orange/White (Elway/Reeves era)

Retro: Orange/White (throwbacks from the '94 season)

Missing: Orange/White, Blue/Blue

Oak

Home: Black/Silver

Classic: Black/Silver ('94 Throwback)

KC

Away: White/Red

Alt: Red/Red (never worn), Red/White (The only difference I see from their current set is there are no sleeve stripes)

SD

Alt: Powder Blue/White (Gray mask on helmet using the generic throwback. You can tell by gray mask and black outline on bolts)

Classic: Powder Blue/White (Missing helmet numbers)

AFC South

Ind

Home: Blue/White (has the blue topped socks with white stripes instead of blue topped socks)

Away: White/White (has the blue topped socks with white stripes instead of blue topped socks)

Hou

Alt: Red/White, Blue/Blue (they have red socks and when they did this, they wore blue socks)

Jax

Home: Teal/White

Alt: Black/Black, Teal/Black (listed as Classic)

Ten

Classic: Light Blue Oilers/White

Alts: White/White, White/Light Blue, Light Blue/Blue, Light Blue/Light Blue, Blue/Blue

AFC East

NYJ

Home: Green/White

Classic: Green/White (Keyshawn rookie era and mistakenly has current chest logo on it)

Alt: Green/Green

Missing: White/Green

Buf

Classic: Blue/White (Kelly era)

Alt: Blue/White (current throwbacks)

Missing: White/White, Blue/Blue

Mia

Home: Aqua/White

Away: White/Aqua (which hasn't been seen in years)

Alt: Orange/White (which hasn't been seen in years and has all orange socks instead of NFL style socks), Aqua/Aqua

NE

Home: Blue/Silver

Away: White/Blue (it has all white socks instead of white socks with navy stripes)

Classics: Blue/Gray (Bledsoe years lighter blue), Red/White (Pat Patriot)

Missing: Silver/Blue

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived