A Minnesota Vikings Jersey Question

oz615

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And note to youngsters - yes, that is Ron Jaworski of Monday Night Football quarterbacking for the Iggles.

Ron Jaworski was a football player?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

And note to youngsters - yes, that is Ron Jaworski of Monday Night Football quarterbacking for the Iggles.

Ron Jaworski was a football player?

I thot Jawz was just some really smart dood who knew football in the booth for MNF no wai!

That being said, old-time football was the best, IMO. I guess my love for old-school just came from me watching NFL Films instead of cartoons when I was little.

Amid all of the talk of ol' school football, anyone notice how much "darker" it was in that film?

Stadium lighting back in the day was obviously inferior to the lighting systems they have at stadiums today. That Vikes game definitely has that "days of old" feeling to it, whereas today, all of the stadiums must maintain a certain minimum candlepower (sp?) to light the field (which I'm sure they had back then, but it's much greater today, I would assume). Reminds me of playing football in the backyard on a cold and overcast day.

Thanks for posting that. Good times.

I will never understand why teams like the Vikings give up an enormous home-field advantage by playing in a dome.

Because the owners care more about fans filling the stadium than anything else...hard to fill a 75,000 seat stadium when it's freezing outside.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

No, it isn't.

Couldn't find a picture with snow?

:P

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Blame global warming.

But if the Vikings can sell out that awful warehouse, why couldn't they sell out an open-air stadium? Surely Minnesotans aren't afraid of a snowflake or two.

I don't recall the Vikings failing to sell out the Met, even under the worst of conditions.

metslogo_215.gif

vikings900.jpg

vikings901.jpg

Don't forget that the Colts are moving into Lucas Oil Field next year, so watching Colts home games won't be so crappy of a feeling.

Sadly, the Vikings arent anywhere close to getting that done, or started, or anything. Additionaly, the longer they delay, the more $$$$ is costs, which is the whole issue itself, so.... yeah.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Would love to see the Superdome replaced with this:

newaerial.gif

The roof design is cool (Crescent City and all) and I presume the water there is the river, though if they want it to look real they need to color it mud brown. :D

It would be great to have a landing like AT&T Park so fans could arrive from the Westbank via special ferries.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Would love to see the Superdome replaced with this:

newaerial.gif

The roof design is cool (Crescent City and all) and I presume the water there is the river, though if they want it to look real they need to color it mud brown. :D

It would be great to have a landing like AT&T Park so fans could arrive from the Westbank via special ferries.

Where would they put that? The only place I can think of is the Fly behind Audubon Zoo.

Archived