New Kansas City Royals Powder Blue Jersey

Royals Insider

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Huh?

:blink:

source?

I think this was already confirmed, IIRC. It's going to be a throwback-alt ala the Brewers with the old Ball-In-Glove era unis.

Will they use them full-time?

I hope so because the Royals are one of the few teams that can don the "powders" and still look good.

Huh?

:blink:

source?

I think this was already confirmed, IIRC. It's going to be a throwback-alt ala the Brewers with the old Ball-In-Glove era unis.

Will they use them full-time?

I hope so because the Royals are one of the few teams that can don the "powders" and still look good.

Once again, IIRC, it's going to be a full-time alt with the new unis.

There was some news in the KC Star about the Royals adding the powder blues and dropping the black sleeveless jersey, but I did not see the black unis this year. Thank goodness- they sucked.

Love the powder blues - I still have my 1980s powder blue KC blue. Go Royals - +.500 record next year!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The Royals are the only team that could do the full powder blue look and not look completely ridiculous.

so long as they make the lettering and numbers on the jerseys BLUE and not white, for sake of legibility

The Royals script is in royal blue. The numbers on the front and back are white. It's a nice update on a retro look.

I sort of don't get this.

First, the powders were worn as a road uni...never (to my knowledge) with white pants.

Second, the powders replaced road grays, hence even though gray isn't really an official color, it's the road gray uniform. So why would powder blue be an alt if it really isn't a color of the Royals? It's not like they use powder blue as a trim color or anything. I mean, would it make sense for the Cards to come out one day at home in a red hat, powder blue jersey, and white pants?

KISSwall09.jpg

I sort of don't get this.

First, the powders were worn as a road uni...never (to my knowledge) with white pants.

Second, the powders replaced road grays, hence even though gray isn't really an official color, it's the road gray uniform. So why would powder blue be an alt if it really isn't a color of the Royals? It's not like they use powder blue as a trim color or anything. I mean, would it make sense for the Cards to come out one day at home in a red hat, powder blue jersey, and white pants?

Look at it like when the A's wear Black alts.

;)

White pants with powder blue jerseys will look stupid. Imagine a team wearing gray jerseys with white pants (actually, I've seen some high school teams wearing that, and it looks awful).

The Royals need to return to the powder blues, matching jerseys and pants, as their regular road uniforms.

The Royals are the only team that could do the full powder blue look and not look completely ridiculous.

I'm sure there are plenty here that would disagree with me on this, but the Twins' old powder blues were a thing of beauty. I own one and it's my favorite jersey of all time. Of course, nostalgia may have something to do with it.

Archived