New Kansas City Royals Powder Blue Jersey

Royals Insider

An all-powder blue set in the shade of blue they used would not look good at all. The old powder blues seemed a little lighter, which is why they worked. But they should simply be left in the past. I'm waiting for a good, grayish-blue hue that would kind of work as an in between shade, something that's not as dark as the previous shade of powder blue. That would be the best thing for a modern powder blue.

I for one, was thinking the lettering needed to be in royal blue in the first place and was happy to hear that's how they went. However, after seeing this, I think it would probably be best left white outlined in royal blue. It may not look right simply because "Royals" is in royal and the rest of the lettering and numerals are white, and may have looked better if everything was royal outlined in white, but think they should've just stuck with the white outlined in royal.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks weird for me to see the royals script in blue. Needs to be in white. The numbers jump right off of the uni....and so would the script if they did it right.

Whats with designers taking classic uniforms and f-ing them up completely? First the Chargers, now Royals. Whats next?

Looks weird for me to see the royals script in blue. Needs to be in white. The numbers jump right off of the uni....and so would the script if they did it right.

Whats with designers taking classic uniforms and f-ing them up completely? First the Chargers, now Royals. Whats next?

The St Louis Cardinals? ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

I don't care about the pants being white. I think it looks great, except for the Royals script being blue. For legibility purposes, it ought to be white.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, the one classic uniform that is somewhat modernized that they did great is the phillies new alternate uniform based off of the 1948 uniforms.

Well, the one classic uniform that is somewhat modernized that they did great is the phillies new alternate uniform based off of the 1948 uniforms.

That actually depends on if you believe it was a great modernization.

I personally would add that one to the list. I don't think it was an improvement at all. But of course its a matter of taste. Many people seem to like the new Phillie look, I personally find it sub par at best.

That just looks wrong. Why can't they go with the traditional look of the powder blues? Why are some teams afraid to embrace tradition?

How is an aberrant road color, not used by all teams, for little more than a decade "traditional"? Powder blue is a ghastly color for a road set. Barely half a step above running out there in all mustard.

Having said that, I don't mind this jersey, but wonder about the sleeve piping a little tiny bit.

Hopefully not the Mets 'cause, like frozen burgers, that would be SO WRONG!!!

YOZXkBG.png?1

That just looks wrong. Why can't they go with the traditional look of the powder blues? Why are some teams afraid to embrace tradition?

How is an aberrant road color, not used by all teams, for little more than a decade "traditional"? Powder blue is a ghastly color for a road set. Barely half a step above running out there in all mustard.

Having said that, I don't mind this jersey, but wonder about the sleeve piping a little tiny bit.

Because if there is anything the Royals are known for, it's those powder blues.

They won a World Series wearing those powder blues. They wore those powder blues during the famous Pine Tar Game. The best players in their history wore the powder blues.

It may not be tradition in the same sense as the Yankees' pinstripes, the Red Sox piping or the Tigers' Old English Ds, but they are traditional nonetheless.

I don't post much but I love the whole powder blue look in baseball. The Phillies really need to go back to the powder blue/maroon set ASAP!

Anyways I don't really like the jerseys. The "Royals" script should be in white. If they wanted to make it pop out better then have royal blue trim. I also think the uniform looks haphazzard without powder blue pants.

As a fan of all the late'70s-'80s looks from my youth (admittedly often for sentimental purposes), I like these.

If you want a one-day-a-week throwback alt, you can do what the Blue Jays did. But the Royals apparently wanted a new powder blue alt, because the throwback fits even less with their scheme than these.

I don't agree that the pants "have to be" powder for this to work. It's just what we're used to. No one thinks anyone that introduced a red alt in the past few years had to go all Cleveland "tomato" on us. The all-powder look is outdated. If anyone could pull it off, sure, the Royals would be a prime candidate. But I don't blame them for not wanting to do it.

I think what they came up with is a fine modernization for use as a home alt.

Archived