2007 Grey Cup, Saskatchewan vs. Winnipeg

thebigeh

Anybody have any knowledge as to what uniforms the Saskatchewan Roughriders and Winnipeg Blue Bombers will be wearing at the Grey Cup this Sunday?

I personally hope they both wear their retro unis. Saskatchewan with their green unis with the shoulder hoop stripes and "S" in a wreath logo and Winnipeg with their gold unis, blue pants and blue "W". Both would look cool for that game.

Wellmaybe they should wear what each team wore the last time they won the Grey Cup--except they didn't have TV or film that long ago... :D

(Yeah I kid)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I am guessing that they will not be wearing there retros since I have never before seen a team wear an alternate jersey in a championship game.

The Lions wore their alts in last year's Grey Cup.

As for both teams wearing alts...first, who's the home team? If it's Saskatchewan, would the CFL let Winnipeg wear gold as a "road" color? If it's Winnipeg, the Riders don't have a white version of the alt.

I beleive Winnipeg is the home team as they also are East Division Champions... so I think it is the case...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

I'm not sure, is the Grey Cup home team decided on the better record? If so, then it's the 'peg. I was hoping for the Riders to be the home team because, while I'm an Eskimos fan, I really like their vintage jerseys, but I hate seeing color vs. color... it bothers me to no end. (see: pretty much every time the stubborn group of teams in major league baseball that wears their alternates constantly plays eachother and continues to wear their alternates regardless of the other team's choice)

So hopefully through some stroke of luck, for me, the Bombers will wear white and the Riders will wear the vintage.

the governments pro-line has the riders listed as home team... i believe its who ever has the better record... you couldnt just do the east is home because the grey cup hardly ever switches back and forth between conferences ie next year its in montreal

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived