Hawai'i in All black vs Boise State.

TrueYankee26

all black looks so intimidating, don't you think?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I'm still not certain that helmet is black. I really thinks it's just a dark dark (very dark) green.

I will agree with you there. The helmets do look like a dark green.

you guys are correct... it is an extremely dark metalic green helmet that looks black

This thread is what happens when Hawai'i is on national tv for the first time. I do think that they do have green jerseys, and yes the helmet is dark green.

this isnt the first time we've been on national TV this season... our games against Fresno and Nevada were national and the game against La Tech in Wk 2 was on ESPN Gameplan... we are also going to be on nationally next week sat (12/1) on ESPN vs Washington

i believe it was after the 04 season that June Jones dumped the green jersey and went to just black

uofh2aa1.pnghawaiinokaoieu8.png

461177213572il8.png801177214515jw7.png

My favorite saying... "Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, so therefore i am perfect!!!"

I'm still not certain that helmet is black. I really thinks it's just a dark dark (very dark) green.

I will agree with you there. The helmets do look like a dark green.

you guys are correct... it is an extremely dark metalic green helmet that looks black

This thread is what happens when Hawai'i is on national tv for the first time. I do think that they do have green jerseys, and yes the helmet is dark green.

this isnt the first time we've been on national TV this season... our games against Fresno and Nevada were national and the game against La Tech in Wk 2 was on ESPN Gameplan... we are also going to be on nationally next week sat (12/1) on ESPN vs Washington

i believe it was after the 04 season that June Jones dumped the green jersey and went to just black.

Which only begs the question...why is it that Hawai'i decides to swath themselves in silver for road games? I mean, those road johns they got with the silver #s may as well not even have numbers, since can't nobody read them thangs noway. Why not go with the green dome (like they sometimes do) with either the black or green pants (if they still have them)?

Incidentally...not that the Warriors uniform is bad, because it ain't, but from a color standpoint, I think this is one team that could use something of an update. Their color issues damn near mirror that of the Devil Rays before they decided to become the SunCoast Golf Association's intramural baseball squad--they're too close together. I honestly don't think a half-decent shot of some rainbow adornments would look too bad up in the Warriors' look--I mean, after all, they were the RAINBOW warriors for so long. Hell--even their old logo had the four-color rainbow in it. (And on another note, is Hawai'i ever going to revive the football uniform look look that went with THAT logo for a game or two?) But, I mean, at least differentiate the black and the green just a good lil' bit--or maybe ax out the black altogether and bounce that green off another color, like, say, maybe a nice ocean shade of blue, with a lil' bit of sun yellow mixed in? I don't know--I'm just tossing out ideas here. I know black fits well with a team named the "Warriors", but then I think of Hawai'i and a piece of me just doesn't see the need for all that black. I think they should use some COLOR, if for no other reason than to at least conjure up some kind of connection with the Rainbow Warriors of days past.

BUT...this here is all just one man's opinions...my two rusted Lincolns.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Okay let me rephrase the statement, this is the first time they were on national tv and anyone cared. As far as the colors go, Hawai'i's look is what happens when you over-try to look tough. It's a forced tough look. They tried so hard for whatever reason to get away from the Rainbow Warrior look that they went the opposite direction and really look stupid with all the black and silver. It's kind of the same complaint a lot of people have with the Gretzky era Kings look, trying too hard to look like the Raiders. You know people would call purple and yellow a tough look yet LSU... well that's a bad example, how about the powder blue and gold of UCLA... no that's a bad idea... Ah screw the color and just put a good team on the field.

actually B, Hawaii's roads have black numbers with silver trim, probably cus of the legibility issue...the ironic thing is the last time I seen them boys on TV with green jerseys, they had those black helmets that were around for only one year, with the running warrior (basically, the basic-looking garb they had before the current logo was adopted).

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

actually B, Hawaii's roads have black numbers with silver trim, probably cus of the legibility issue...the ironic thing is the last time I seen them boys on TV with green jerseys, they had those black helmets that were around for only one year, with the running warrior (basically, the basic-looking garb they had before the current logo was adopted).

True about those roads, as you just mentioned--although a good chunk of me wants to think those numbers are in fact VERY dark green, sorta like the domes. I have seen, however, a version of their whites with the silver numbers I mentioned (at least in pictures...I hope to God those things don't still exist).

As far as the unis you speak of with the black domes and black pants, I remember those quite well. It was the first time I saw Hawai'i on TV, and a piece of me wants to say it was the Oahu Bowl versus another green-swathed team, Tulane, who at the time also trotted out a green-and-black look (although much trimmer on the black).

As for the green jersey someone posted up above, I think it ilustrates what I mean by the green and black being too close together. And as far as the "tough" look goes, I don't really have any qlams over the design of the uniform itself, just the color choices in it. (I mean...I don't think they need to "over-tough" the look, being that Polyesian warriors are tough enough as is...and if you've ever played "stick-football" with anyone from Hawaii or any of the Polynesian islands, you'll know EXACTLY what I mean. ^_^ )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

you do remember well B, cus I remember they debuted their silver look against Michigan State, and initially the numbers were silver. Evidently UH's coaches decided to make a tiny alteration a lil while after that, cus later that year they switched to the black numbers. I know their pre-silver roads had green numbers though

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm a little late on this, but I was in Hawai'i last week and, seeing a lot of Warrior shirts/hats, was reminded just how dreadful this team looks nowadays.

Like it was said a few posts up, they over compensated when they got rid of the UH rainbow look and went WAY too far in the other direction. First of all, green and black don't look good together, and the darker you make the green, the worse it looks. Second, Hawai'i has SO much potential to look really good, and the best start in that direction is to lose black and build around a somewhat lighter shade of green. Why not green/orange, or green/athletic yellow?

You know people would call purple and yellow a tough look yet LSU... well that's a bad example, how about the powder blue and gold of UCLA... no that's a bad idea... Ah screw the color and just put a good team on the field.

Did you forget what board this was? :D

I was wondering what their pride stickers are supposed to be. I kept trying to get a good look at them the whole game but I couldn't make them out, kinda looked like a skull and crossbones kinda thing. I remember they used to have diamond shaped ones, but these look different. Anybody know what they're supposed to be?

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived