Tampa Bay Rays

Krona

I thought to myself, "How hard could it be to make something better than that", like a lot of people when i saw the new Rays set. It needs some work, maybe a bit simpler. I really like like the st.pete alt, but i'm not sure if it really fits with the rest of the set. Unis on the way. C & C encouraged:

Tampa-Rays-Identity-Present.jpg

This...is...awesome! This just goes to show you want they could of went with instead of the boring stuff they have now. Even though I love the logo, I have to call the St. Pete logo into question. Doesn't the term Tampa Bay represent the whole St. Pete-Tampa area? So why have that logo when you have the whole area represented?

The thing that is great about this logo is that I feel like it belongs to a team from Tampa Bay. The Primary logo is just fantastic, although some may say it could look somewhat like the Padres with the home plate design and the two-tone blue. I'd also try and add a little something to the cap logo, as it seems too... Yankee-ish. Make the hat logo more unique and this will be A+ work. Great job!

BTW what font is that your using?

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

The font is MTV2. Its real versitile. I used it on my Galaxy concept as well. As for the cap logo, I really dont like the offset letters like they have now. I used something similar in a "Tampa Neptunes" concept I did a while back. The idea that it looked Yankee-ish crossed my mind, but as a part of the full set, I dont think it comes off that way. Anyways, there are probably more Yankee fans in Tampa than Rays fans. the St. Pete logo came to me and I couldnt pass up the challenge to use no letters, but still create an "STP". looking at the plans for the new stadium in St. Pete inspired me the most. Its a very nautical theme, so the anchor and wave treatment popped right in.

i'd also like to see the TB have a bit of a curve to it. nice job on the alternate logo - that would make a great sleeve patch

Yes, make it less block-ey, and maybe add the light blue drop shadow so that it better matches the script on the uniforms. Not to mention that there would be no light blue on the hat at all, unless the button would be that color.

I, myself, would prefer to see a less block-ey font used altogether, but as a whole, this is such an improvement, that that can be overlooked.

The primary, alternate, and the "St. Pete" logo are top-notch. The cap logo fails. It's too blocky and although it's the same font as everthing else, visually it has a completely different feel than the rest of the set. Fix that, and you've got yourself a winning concept. Fantastic job overall.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Very Nice! I like the overall look of it. I like all the logos a lot except for the cap logo, its too plain for the identity you have here. Everything else seems to be one package, even the St. Pete logo, which is great. My only gripe is that there might be too many outlines around the baseball in the alternate and primary logos. It just unneccesarily makes the baseball smaller. anyway, nice work, keep it up.

The cap logo fails miserably, I'm afraid.

And the primary and alternate logos would be illegal under MLB rules as they stand now because for some strange reason, they don't like baseballls being part of any logo.

They can be part of the logo, just not appear on the uniform.

The SF Giants and LA Dodgers (among others) have or had baseballs featured in their logos.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

And the primary and alternate logos would be illegal under MLB rules as they stand now because for some strange reason, they don't like baseballls being part of any logo.

So, the Yankees, Red Sox, Twins, Mariners, Rangers, Rockies, Marlins, Dodgers, Brewers, Mets, Nationals, and Giants are ALL using "illegal" primary logos? If so, how are they getting away with it?

Wade-sig.png

That's a stupid rule, but here's why it exists: ignorant hitters might confuse a baseball on a pitcher's uniform with the real baseball he is throwing and strike out. It's why there are batter's eyes too. If I stood out in the outfield seats with a giant baseball shaped sign it would confuse hitters.

...as for the concept, it's absolutely brilliant. I would like to see a more rounded TB cap logo, as others have said, and I'm just not feeling the St. Pete logo. Can't wait for the uniforms. Man... the Rays have done one of the worst re-brandings ever. Devil Rays was such a cool name and their most recent color scheme was unique. And almost every concept so far on here for the new "Rays" is better than what they actually have now. I mean the team already stinks, but the uniforms don't have to lol.

So, the Yankees, Red Sox, Twins, Mariners, Rangers, Rockies, Marlins, Dodgers, Brewers, Mets, Nationals, and Giants are ALL using "illegal" primary logos? If so, how are they getting away with it?

He's getting it confused with the rule that states that no logos on the jersey may look like a baseball.

...Which is somewhat unenforced, seeing as numerous teams have sleeve patches with a baseball, such as the Giants.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I like this a lot. Like the logo, prefer the font to what they're thrusting on us now, but feel a bit weird about the hat logo. Looks oriental to me, which is fine, but it seems similar to something I've seen before. I don't know. Plus, it needs all three of the new colors for the hat, in my opinion.

Archived