I would like an opinion on a jersey to get

Neon_Matrix

Jersey, oh Jersey.  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I get a choice of any new RBK Edge jersey or current CCM Vintage jerseys. I don't want anything customized yet - but I will keep that in mind for what I may do in the future. My choices are:

A Chiefs Blue jersey - with undecided on it.

capitals_white.jpg

Ovechkin with an A.

redwings_white.jpg

Zetterberg with an A (cuz he is my fantasy team STUD)

hurricanes_dark.jpg

Stillman or Staal.

flames_dark.jpg

With Irving 33 (I believe he wore that in pre-season) or Iginla. Irving because he shares my last name and I want my name on a jersey without being a douche.

1972_dark_jersey.jpg

Esposito (well, #7)

Other big interests include Jets, Nordiques with Sakic, Sundin or Lindross (for absolute fun), Vintage Canucks with Luongo on it, Vintage Flyers with Parent, current Flyers with Downie 27 (for kicks) or current Ducks with Perry.

I am also thinking of getting a 1980's Leafs jersey and getting SITTLER put on the back in blue text to blend in the with blue jersey - like they did in the mid 70's. Mind you they don't make them anymore and I need to choose a jersey currently in production, because I'd take a Red Wings Yzerman if I could still get my hands easily on last years Wings jersey. I am also debating a Gainey Habs jersey... but I don't know if I could ever bring myself to actually wear it...

Its tough as you can see. I LOVE the Washington whites and have always wanted an Esposito Bruins jersey. I also want a Gretzky Oilers jersey... but I dont know if I want that more than the Wappo one. I have also debated a Gilmour Flames jersey... I don't know what I want, but I need to make up my mind before friday, hopefully.

Any suggestions or ideas on what could be a fun, unique jersey from the selections provided would be appreciated. I want to choose something fun (I already own a real Palle Lindberg Flyers jersey from the 80s) and possibly something very uncommon. Thanks!!

EDIT - added a poll.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

My suggestion would be not to go with a Chiefs jersey. Anything else would be much, much better. Of your choices, I'd go with Ovechkin. It's a nice jersey, and he's the future of the NHL and all.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

No Love for the Sens? :P

I would go with the Zetterberg, but I'm just saying that because I like Detroit and Zetterberg.

The only Sens jersey I would ever buy is a Daigle or Yashin jersey (saw the latter on ebay, pro, for $40 last year, almost bought it, lol). I could get the "vintage" (incorrect crest) and put Daigle on it... but I don't feel like wasting money, lol.

The Chiefs jersey was just a thought, I never really took it too seriously, but could be a fun thing.

I'm really torn between Zetterberg and Ovechkin (just because I love that white Washington jersey and Zetterberg is a beast on blades) and I have also wanted a Nords jersey forever (I have even considered getting Stasney and Goulet). I also would like to get the older Jets jersey if I can get that as a potential option. Only thing that bothers me though is that it is so common... and I'd kind of like something a little more unique... I dont know... see why I'm asking peoples opinions? lol I wouldn't be this stressed out if I didn't have a deadline to choose a jersey.

BTW, I'd love your avatar more if it wasn't just cropped from the book. :P NOW, I believe the Ottawa (for the city, NOT the team) ticker would be... 80 years and counting?

One jersey I DONT have and could use is a customized Leafs white. I'd probably get Coliacavo on it, but I already have 6 (just bought another last night - Mitchell & Ness 1967 for $100 on ebay!!!) and don't need many more at this point (unless its a vintage wool look alike, St. Pats or Gilmour Era jersey).

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

FWIW, they now sell Syracuse Bulldogs jerseys with Ogie Oglethorpe on the back.

Also, you must go with the 1979-style of Jets jersey, with 15 MacLean on the back. Make it so.

They also have the Ducks and Presidents jerseys. They have McCrackin on one of the jerseys too.

I would buy a Leafs jersey but I already have a pro blue I bought the 3rd day they came out. Mind you, it could be fun to own a white Tlustly or Coliacavo or something. Maybe a Salamalason or w/e.

Ok, now it is looking like it may be the Vintage Bruins Wappo, the White Caps (with Ovechkin) or Canucks vintage (I could even get the flying V if I am feeling daring... Willams anybody?).

If I want to go the very obscure jersey route, I could get either a white or blue Kansas City Scouts, blue Colorado Rockies, green California Seals, red Atlanta Flames (with Quinn) or the 92 vintage Wings and Bruins jerseys.

If I can get my hands on the '79 Jets jersey, I'd consider getting Hull 9 on the back (to match the McFarlane... which btw I got to see the series 6 with Johnny Bower - totally buying that).

This is just so tough, so much I want, but only one jersey I can get for free, or almost free!!

Thanks for the input so far, it has helped me realise what would be a much better jersey and not turn out to be a "why the hell did I get this" kinda thing.

Its funny, the reason I am thinking of Downie 27 is because I loved him while he played for the Peterborough Petes and I think it would be funny being an Ottawa hater to own the jersey of the man who laid out McAmmond with a brutal hit. I don't think that is the number he will wear once he makes the full roster but it would definatly be able to be tied to a specific event.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

with my bias opinion i would go for the Ovechkin White, but otherwise i would go for a 'diques blue Sakic...but if you want to be unique about it, get his rookie #88.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

with my bias opinion i would go for the Ovechkin White, but otherwise i would go for a 'diques blue Sakic...but if you want to be unique about it, get his rookie #88.

He wore #88 as a rookie? Hum... I never knew that. I think that would be a pretty awesome jersey to get. I just have to make sure I can get the proper lettering... if I have to get the white version, I need to know if the numbers were outlined in red or not...

89%20TOPPS%20SAKIC%20RC.jpg

EDIT: According to NHLuniforms.com, they did NOT have the red outline...

Nordiques2.gif

This is important because most vintage jerseys are done with red outlined numbers on the back, which would make it incorrect. I am actually really tempted to get this...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I'd go Zetterberg, XL, then ship it to me :D

In all seriousness, I'd go Zetterberg if it were for me, but it'd be sweet to get a Jets jersey. Of whom, you ask? Personally, I'd get Kris Draper, just for the rarity factor.

Some other Jets possibilities:

- Norm Maciver....scored last goal in Jets history

- Dave Manson

- Bobby Essensa

- Tie Domi

- Barry f'n Melrose

Just some thoughts....there's always Bobby Hull, Teemu, and Tkachuk, but I'm assuming you're going a bit more obscure here?

I'd go Zetterberg, XL, then ship it to me :D

In all seriousness, I'd go Zetterberg if it were for me, but it'd be sweet to get a Jets jersey. Of whom, you ask? Personally, I'd get Kris Draper, just for the rarity factor.

Some other Jets possibilities:

- Norm Maciver....scored last goal in Jets history

- Dave Manson

- Bobby Essensa

- Tie Domi

- Barry f'n Melrose

Just some thoughts....there's always Bobby Hull, Teemu, and Tkachuk, but I'm assuming you're going a bit more obscure here?

I'd LOVE a Hull, but only if I could get the '79 jersey.

The Domi would be a lot of fun... Leafs and Petes connection. I also met Kris Draper (who is the nicest person ever... and has arms that look like they could crush a car with little to no effort...) but I don't know if I'd want a jersey with his name on it. Melrose would be pretty funny though...

Right now though, I think the Caps, Wappo and Sakic 88 are the top three. I'm also really considering the California Golden Seals but I wouldn't know who to get on it... since the team SUCKED hardcore when they wore that specific jersey.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived