Chad Johnson

The Nation

Chad Johnson has been stirring the pot as of late. Yesterday on NFLTA he discussed his displeasure with the Bengals, and said he was frustrated. Word has it he wants to go to Miami (weird), and was quoted as saying 85 plus 89 (Steve Smith) equals Superbowl.

Personally I feel sorry for Chad, he's a good guy, and hopefully he gets what he wants.

http://www.wlwt.com/sports/15184136/detail.html

Hmmmm.... imagine Chad, Marvin, Reggie and Clark in the same offense.... I think Peyton would break the TD record and win the SB again (hey a man can dream, can't he? :P )

Though judging recent trends, he'll probably go to New England and undergo a miracle transformation, then take a huge paycut, then the following season T.O. would come to New England and have a "miracle attitude change" and so on.....

It never ends, does it?

espnsig.gif

Hmmmm.... imagine Chad, Marvin, Reggie and Clark in the same offense.... I think Peyton would break the TD record and win the SB again (hey a man can dream, can't he? :P )

Though judging recent trends, he'll probably go to New England and undergo a miracle transformation, then take a huge paycut, then the following season T.O. would come to New England and have a "miracle attitude change" and so on.....

It never ends, does it?

Hopefully not! :P

Guys, the NFL has this thing called a salary cap. If you think the Colts or the Patriots can somehow pay all their elite receivers and then add Chad Johnson, you're not living in reality.

While that may be true, how come the Pats are able to get all these quality players? Because they can convince all their elite players to take paycuts to play there. I know for sure if Randy Moss cared about getting compensated for the caliber of player that he is, he wouldn't be a Patriot..... he might still be with the Raiders.

Basically, Chad Johnson is another one of these guys that just wants to win, and I could see him giving up his ego AND taking a paycut to join the Pats (as horrible as it may be for fans of the other 31 NFL teams)

espnsig.gif

Dear God would I love to see CJ and Moss on either side of the field...lol

Does "Tiny Roger" have veto power over trades? Because if he does, I think any "Ocho-Cinco to the Pats or Colts" trade would be a likely candidate in the interests of the competitive balance.

Oh....and on the subject of the Patriots and the Colts...they compensate for the cap hit by reducing their depth at other positions.

For example....take out Manning or Brady and those teams are T.O.A.S.T. Sorgi and Cassell are incapable of leading their teams to victory. This year the Patriots got fairly lucky with injuries-and that is one factor in their success.

In other words...there is a reason while the Colts D minus Bob Sanders last year equaled teh suck.

Miami should be getting better with Parcells...I could see Johnson wanting to board on the ground floor.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Vikes could use a go-to guy to take the focus off of Peterson...oh forget it. Who's gonna get him the ball?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

What about the Falcons? They're in the same situation as Miami, plus he could be a leader here.

If Chad's noy happy with the situation in Cincy, there's no way in hell he'd want to be in Atlanta, an infinitely worse situation.

And why he said he wanted to go to Miami is kinda strange too.

Kinfolk is from Miami, after all--born and raised. Maybe playing back down in his hometown is appealing to him.

(Sad as it sounds...that could also create MORE trouble for him--think about all of what Sean Taylor had to deal with. You think folks won't be gunning for Ocho-Cinco in his own backyard???)

Tampa could use a good WR...We can give you Michael Clayton...he's a first rounder

And look how THAT turned out...but hey--maybe TB can sell Cincy on Clayton's "upside" and "potential" and then TB could net Johnson and then...I wouldn't be mad AT ALL!!! :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

that's funny, he was on WFNZ-AM Charlotte saying "85 + 89 = Super Bowl - Peroid" tell Coach Fox that... it made for an interesting segment.

boston globe website - Chad Johnson told a Boston Globe reporter that he is "going to be playing for your team next year," referring to the Patriots.

The Globe says Johnson was "passively campaigning for a trade." Chad was also on the radio in Charlotte this week to say "85 + 89 = Super Bowl, period." 89, of course, is Steve Smith, Johnson's former JUCO teammate. Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis had no comment on Chad's antics Wednesday.

the audio will prob end up here http://www.wfnz.com/pages/139665.php on Friday.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

bring him to the 49ers

Mike Martz is the new OC, and we are gonna need a big play wideout that can lead that kind of offense.

Also, bringing Chad on would keep Frank Gore fresh to some extent.

the only problem I could forsee is a potential fued with Vernon Davis over his beloved "ocho cinco" uniform number. :P

I mean, we dealt with T.O. in the past, I think we could handle Chad Johnson.

It would be an interesting twist of fate if he were to become an Eagle (or a Raider, to a lesser extent).

Honestly though, I think he will take back his statement about wanting to play in Miami and decide upon a team that is one piece away (read 'one Ocho-Cinco away') from winning a Super Bowl, such as San Diego, Green Bay, or even Cleveland or Jacksonville.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived