NHL Trade Deadline

Colorado Avalanche

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Atlanta, there's a lot of uncertainty about Marian Hossa. He's close to signing, he's gonna test the market.....the rumors are swirling. These next couple weeks will determine a lot. If the team's fallen about and drops in the standings, he'll most likely be traded. If the Thrashers go on a winning streak, he'll likely stay put.

My gut feeling is that Hossa won't be finishing the season here. I don't have too much confidence in Waddell signing Hossa before the deadline, and his track record has a lot to do with that. I'd say the chances of Hossa staying here through the end of the season is 15%.....

sorry Avs but i hope and pray (for my wifes sake) that their days of trading prospects and draft picks for rent-a-players are over.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Peter Forsberg turned down the Red Wings. Apparently he felt like he'd be a traitor if he played for them(and had Igor Larionov mop the floor with him in 'the fight')

Thanks, Pete. We don't need you, anyways.

I agree totally.

Forsberg is probably a better fit in Ottawa or Philly. Both could use him more.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

The Sens just made a swap with Carolina gettin Commodore and Stillman for Corvo and Eaves.

I know I'm in the minority with this but I loved watching Corvo, and I'll miss him and his coast to coast bursts every once and a while.

But I welcome Stillman and Commodore with open arms. :)

Hi, how are you?

In Atlanta, there's a lot of uncertainty about Marian Hossa. He's close to signing, he's gonna test the market.....the rumors are swirling. These next couple weeks will determine a lot. If the team's fallen about and drops in the standings, he'll most likely be traded. If the Thrashers go on a winning streak, he'll likely stay put.

My gut feeling is that Hossa won't be finishing the season here. I don't have too much confidence in Waddell signing Hossa before the deadline, and his track record has a lot to do with that. I'd say the chances of Hossa staying here through the end of the season is 15%.....

I hope Hossa stays...I mean, there really shouldn't have been any uncertainty about this in the first place, he should've been resigned back in the summer. Now we're at this point, and who knows where he's gonna end up. The team I've heard most is the Canadiens. I feel like if they're gonna trade Hossa, at least trade him out west or something, so the Thrashers won't have to deal with him should we make a run at/into the playoffs.

And as for what I want...I'm holding on to hope that the Thrashers trade for a good defenseman, but I figure at this juncture, the Thrashers would probably have to overpay to get that.

All I know is, all it takes is one good move, and the Thrashers will be at the top of this division.

I hope Hossa stays...I mean, there really shouldn't have been any uncertainty about this in the first place, he should've been resigned back in the summer. Now we're at this point, and who knows where he's gonna end up. The team I've heard most is the Canadiens. I feel like if they're gonna trade Hossa, at least trade him out west or something, so the Thrashers won't have to deal with him should we make a run at/into the playoffs.

And as for what I want...I'm holding on to hope that the Thrashers trade for a good defenseman, but I figure at this juncture, the Thrashers would probably have to overpay to get that.

All I know is, all it takes is one good move, and the Thrashers will be at the top of this division.

For a brand spankin' new hockey fan I'm impressed with the way you can hold your end in a conversation about your team.

Bravo! :P

Hi, how are you?

The Sens just made a swap with Carolina gettin Commodore and Stillman for Corvo and Eaves.

I know I'm in the minority with this but I loved watching Corvo, and I'll miss him and his coast to coast bursts every once and a while.

This is why I HATE Ottawa.

They like to find ways to get players who I like and respect.

First they stole Heatley, now its Stillman (a Peterborough native to add along side Fisher) and Commodore. I liked those two players alot, and contemplated buying a Stillman 'Canes jersey this year too.

This trade makes no sense to me as Carolina is in the playoff hunt, and to ship off two of its better players for youth is kind of... counter productive if you want to have a long playoff run.

Grrr.

Oh well, on the plus side, it still doesn't mean they'll win the cup. Once choke artists, always choke artists. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Oooo, interesting trade. From an Ottawa standpoint, great trade. Stillman is still productive, and Commodore is a BIG, steady stay at home defenseman, although I did like Corvo in Ottawa.

Oooo, interesting trade. From an Ottawa standpoint, great trade. Stillman is still productive, and Commodore is a BIG, steady stay at home defenseman, although I did like Corvo in Ottawa.

Excellent deal for Ottawa in my opinion. Carolina didn't make out too bad either though.

First they stole Heatley, now its Stillman (a Peterborough native to add along side Fisher) and Commodore. I liked those two players alot, and contemplated buying a Stillman 'Canes jersey this year too.

This trade makes no sense to me as Carolina is in the playoff hunt, and to ship off two of its better players for youth is kind of... counter productive if you want to have a long playoff run.

Grrr.

Oh well, on the plus side, it still doesn't mean they'll win the cup. Once choke artists, always choke artists. :P

I can only imagine what would happen if we ever get Sundin.

Hi, how are you?

I've heard that Redden refused to waive his no trade clause in his contract. But teams always find ways for the player to accept a trade.

On another note, I hear Brian Campbell could be on his way out. Another talented player who made his name with the Sabres. I feel for Sabres fans...year after year, they lose key players (last year: Drury, Briere) because ownership isn't allowing much more than minimum salary cap amount.

I've heard that Redden refused to waive his no trade clause in his contract. But teams always find ways for the player to accept a trade.

If I was him I'd do the same. I mean he is on the #1 team in the east and he has a great shot at winning the Stanley Cup this year.

I think this trade worked for both teams. The Senators get some playoff experience and the Hurricanes get forward and a defenseman as well. I didn't realize that Commodore is 28 years old (I thought he was at least 30).

Grrr.

If you see footage of Scotia Bank Place on fire and some dude in a Leafs jersey taking a giant dump on a Sens jersey right outside... yah... that would be me.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

But I welcome Stillman and Commodore with open arms.

Grrr.

If you see footage of Scotia Bank Place on fire and some dude in a Leafs jersey taking a giant dump on a Sens jersey right outside... yah... that would be me.

Hah :D

"This just in a crazed Leafs fan is taking a :censored: on the remains of Scotia bank Place.

Hi, how are you?

Archived