NHL Trade Deadline

Colorado Avalanche

The Sens just made a swap with Carolina gettin Commodore and Stillman for Corvo and Eaves.

I know I'm in the minority with this but I loved watching Corvo, and I'll miss him and his coast to coast bursts every once and a while.

But I welcome Stillman and Commodore with open arms.

This is why I HATE Ottawa.

They like to find ways to get players who I like and respect.

First they stole Heatley, now its Stillman (a Peterborough native to add along side Fisher) and Commodore. I liked those two players alot, and contemplated buying a Stillman 'Canes jersey this year too.

This trade makes no sense to me as Carolina is in the playoff hunt, and to ship off two of its better players for youth is kind of... counter productive if you want to have a long playoff run.

Grrr.

Oh well, on the plus side, it still doesn't mean they'll win the cup. Once choke artists, always choke artists. :P

I can only imagine what would happen if we ever get Sundin.

If you see footage of Scotia Bank Place on fire and some dude in a Leafs jersey taking a giant dump on a Sens jersey right outside... yah... that would be me.

Hah :D

"This just in a crazed Leafs fan is taking a :censored: on the remains of Scotia bank Place.

Hahaha! I'll be right there along side you Neon! And I know a guy who owns a crane and wrecking ball!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Sens just made a swap with Carolina gettin Commodore and Stillman for Corvo and Eaves.

I know I'm in the minority with this but I loved watching Corvo, and I'll miss him and his coast to coast bursts every once and a while.

First they stole Heatley, now its Stillman (a Peterborough native to add along side Fisher) and Commodore. I liked those two players alot, and contemplated buying a Stillman 'Canes jersey this year too.

This trade makes no sense to me as Carolina is in the playoff hunt, and to ship off two of its better players for youth is kind of... counter productive if you want to have a long playoff run.

Grrr.

Oh well, on the plus side, it still doesn't mean they'll win the cup. Once choke artists, always choke artists. :P

If you see footage of Scotia Bank Place on fire and some dude in a Leafs jersey taking a giant dump on a Sens jersey right outside... yah... that would be me.

"This just in a crazed Leafs fan is taking a :censored: on the remains of Scotia bank Place.

Hahaha! I'll be right there along side you Neon! And I know a guy who owns a crane and wrecking ball!

John Ferguson?

Hi, how are you?

Grrr.

Oh well, on the plus side, it still doesn't mean they'll win the cup. Once choke artists, always choke artists.

John Ferguson?

I feel your pain Neon. I still bleed green and the day I heard the Leafs hired Paul Maurice was a sad day. Very sad. :(

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Grrr.

Oh well, on the plus side, it still doesn't mean they'll win the cup. Once choke artists, always choke artists.

John Ferguson?

I feel your pain Neon. I still bleed green and the day I heard the Leafs hired Paul Maurice was a sad day. Very sad. :(

What will be sad is if we keep winning!!! We don't need to make the playoffs, we need a solid pick who we can build this team around!!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• 2 weeks later...

For Canadian viewers, which channel will you be watching: TSN or Sportsnet?

This is the first year I've had TSN, so I'll be watching the TSN Trade Deadline for the first time. Sportsnet didn't have terrible coverage, but I've heard it's not as good as TSN's. I can't stand Kypreos, so this will be a good change.

For Canadian viewers, which channel will you be watching: TSN or Sportsnet?

This is the first year I've had TSN, so I'll be watching the TSN Trade Deadline for the first time. Sportsnet didn't have terrible coverage, but I've heard it's not as good as TSN's. I can't stand Kypreos, so this will be a good change.

Agreed, I absolutely cannot stand Kypreos. I heard that Ferguson is on one of the 2, so if it is sportsnet I'll be checking there a few times to see what he's saying.

Should be great, Thank goodness I don't have school on that day.

Hi, how are you?

JFJ's gonna be on TSN ... not sure what he'll bring to the table.

Don't forget about The Score, either ... they'll be on at 7 a.m. ET with all the "breaking news." Hey look, Mats Sundin is cooking eggs over a gas flame ? coincidence? I think not!

Seriously, this trade deadline coverage is getting a little ridiculous.

My hopes for the trade deadline:

Toronto Gets:

F - Antoine Vermette

D - Andrej Meszaros

F - Randy Robitaille

2nd round pick in 08

1st round pick in 09

G - Either Emery or Gerber ( I like both of them enough to keep either, and I tend to flip-flop on that whole situation.)

Ottawa Gets:

F Mats Sundin

F Darcy Tucker

How bout it :P

Hi, how are you?

Don't forget about The Score, either ... they'll be on at 7 a.m. ET with all the "breaking news." Hey look, Mats Sundin is cooking eggs over a gas flame ? coincidence? I think not!

Has hfboards crashed yet?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Especially if this guy is on your team...

nhl_g_hossa_580.jpg

Toronto Gets:

F - Antoine Vermette

D - Andrej Meszaros

F - Randy Robitaille

2nd round pick in 08

1st round pick in 09

G - Either Emery or Gerber ( I like both of them enough to keep either, and I tend to flip-flop on that whole situation.)

Ottawa Gets:

F Mats Sundin

F Darcy Tucker

The two guys on the Leafs who hate the Senators most, who both have NTC's. Not in a million years.

Question:

I can understadn you wanting Sundin but why would you want Tucker? He's terrible.

untitled-6.jpg

Toronto Gets:

F - Antoine Vermette

D - Andrej Meszaros

F - Randy Robitaille

2nd round pick in 08

1st round pick in 09

Ottawa Gets:

F Mats Sundin

F Darcy Tucker

Stop sniffing gasoline. You already damaged your brain enough to believe the Sens are a decent franchise, now you want to see Darcy "your coach spat on me" Tucker and Mats "4-0 baby" Sundin wearing those ugly uniforms. At least do some real drugs if you want some kind of fix.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Alex Steen has signed a 2 year extension with the Leafs worth a total of $3.4 million.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=230331&hubname=

I don't know if this means they want him as part of the team or if this is part of some potential deal that he needed to be locked up before being shipped out...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Well we needed some grit and the first guy I thought of was one of my least favourite players . :P

But since it is so ludicrous how about Steen :P

Either way I think my offer is better than what is rumored. Vermette, Foligno and Glass, though those guys are pretty good prospects.

Hi, how are you?

Archived