NHL Trade Deadline

Colorado Avalanche

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=230327&hubname=nhl

So yeah, basically Don Waddell is saying that Hossa is officially on the auction block. This will be interesting.

On the flipside, goodbye Hossa. I barely knew ye. :(

According to Bob McKenzie specifically mentioned yesterday that are interested in Hossa are Montreal, Ottawa, New Jersey, Detroit, San Jose.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/mckenzie/?id=230189

For Canadian viewers, which channel will you be watching: TSN or Sportsnet?

This is the first year I've had TSN, so I'll be watching the TSN Trade Deadline for the first time. Sportsnet didn't have terrible coverage, but I've heard it's not as good as TSN's. I can't stand Kypreos, so this will be a good change.

I'm going to be at work, so I won't be watching anything really, unless I can get away with streaming the coverage, if it is streaming. But, had I the option, TSN is the only option, especailly after Sportsnet's abysmal show last year with that laughable Eklund dude. I'll take TSN's hockey insider crew over some anonymous hockey blogger who just makes stuff up any day of the week. I'm sure Sportsnet wont be bringing him back, but the quality of their coverage is just drastically inferior to the TSN. Its not something unique to their trade deadline stuff, the quality of their Canucks broadcasts is embarrassing too. All sorts of great options for between periods features and hosts in Vancouver, and they give us some guy in a studio in Toronto.

In terms of trades, I don't expect the Canucks to do anything significant.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=230327&hubname=nhl

So yeah, basically Don Waddell is saying that Hossa is officially on the auction block. This will be interesting.

On the flipside, goodbye Hossa. I barely knew ye. :(

According to Bob McKenzie specifically mentioned yesterday that are interested in Hossa are Montreal, Ottawa, New Jersey, Detroit, San Jose.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/mckenzie/?id=230189

I know one trade that seems closest to happening is Marleau for Hossa, straight up. I wouldn't like it, I don't think Marleau & Kovalchuk would mesh well together on a line, IMO.

This is the first year I've had TSN, so I'll be watching the TSN Trade Deadline for the first time. Sportsnet didn't have terrible coverage, but I've heard it's not as good as TSN's. I can't stand Kypreos, so this will be a good change.

I'm going to be at work, so I won't be watching anything really, unless I can get away with streaming the coverage, if it is streaming. But, had I the option, TSN is the only option, especailly after Sportsnet's abysmal show last year with that laughable Eklund dude. I'll take TSN's hockey insider crew over some anonymous hockey blogger who just makes stuff up any day of the week. I'm sure Sportsnet wont be bringing him back, but the quality of their coverage is just drastically inferior to the TSN. Its not something unique to their trade deadline stuff, the quality of their Canucks broadcasts is embarrassing too. All sorts of great options for between periods features and hosts in Vancouver, and they give us some guy in a studio in Toronto.

Agreeing with you on all points. Eklund was TERRIBLE. And no, he's not going to be back, I heard Don Taylor on the Team 1040 talk about how 90 percent on his info was incorrect.

But yah, I'll be taping TSN's coverage and watching it when I get home to get caught up everything.

You'd be surprised, he is very, very well connected around the league. I mean, he got my friend into the Flyers press box and the Winter Classic game for free...

Yes he isn't always right (most of the time he is dead wrong) but neither are a lot of the analyists either.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Take this with a grain of salt, but my brother told me he heard somewhere that the pens might want to get Tuomo Ruutu.

Like i said, take it with a grain of salt.

However, I would like to see Shero just try to get for the pens:

A scoring winger to keep up with Crosby (Malkin's got his linemates now in Malone and Sykora)

and/or

A creates-chaos-for-goalie-screeners-physical-knock-down defensive defenseman. In other words, no more Gonchar and Coffey type defensemen.

Other than that, stay as is. When Crosby, Roberts, and Fleury come back, they'll be set enough for a good playoff run.

oBIgzrL.png

You'd be surprised, he is very, very well connected around the league. I mean, he got my friend into the Flyers press box and the Winter Classic game for free...

Yes he isn't always right (most of the time he is dead wrong) but neither are a lot of the analyists either.

That just means he has connections with the Flyers. That's about the only team he has connections with.

Take this with a grain of salt, but my brother told me he heard somewhere that the pens might want to get Tuomo Ruutu.

Like i said, take it with a grain of salt.

However, I would like to see Shero just try to get for the pens:

A scoring winger to keep up with Crosby (Malkin's got his linemates now in Malone and Sykora)

and/or

A creates-chaos-for-goalie-screeners-physical-knock-down defensive defenseman. In other words, no more Gonchar and Coffey type defensemen.

Other than that, stay as is. When Crosby, Roberts, and Fleury come back, they'll be set enough for a good playoff run.

If I was Malkin I'd want OUT of Pittsburgh. He has been a BEAST eating up all of Crosby's ice time and playing in his natural position. Right now he is THE star in Pittsburgh, but when the wonder kid returns, he will once again play under his shadow and be second fiddle to a player who has not led this team into a strong position in the standings. If I was him, and I cared about my career, I'd ask to get out of there. He'd be a superstar on many other teams and not a second fiddle like he is now.

We could defiantly use a player like him... cough...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

That just means he has connections with the Flyers. That's about the only team he has connections with.

So... the Flyers were participating in the Winter Classic? :P

I don't know, I kind of trust my friends opinion of him. He is no longer just some nut job, he has gained some legitimacy in my eyes.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

So... the Flyers were participating in the Winter Classic? :P

I don't know, I kind of trust my friends opinion of him. He is no longer just some nut job, he has gained some legitimacy in my eyes.

Or maybe he got the from XM which is a league sponsor and who he works for.

If I was Malkin I'd want OUT of Pittsburgh. He has been a BEAST eating up all of Crosby's ice time and playing in his natural position. Right now he is THE star in Pittsburgh, but when the wonder kid returns, he will once again play under his shadow and be second fiddle to a player who has not led this team into a strong position in the standings. If I was him, and I cared about my career, I'd ask to get out of there. He'd be a superstar on many other teams and not a second fiddle like he is now.

Yeah man, I'd hate being on a really young team with a ton of potential where all the pressure wasn't on me in a city where my privacy is respected. He should totally bolt. Wait - he should be a Bolt!

I know this is a weird concept to grasp, but some teams have more than one really good player, and not everyone wants to be in the spotlight all the time.

Yeah man, I'd hate being on a really young team with a ton of potential where all the pressure wasn't on me in a city where my privacy is respected. He should totally bolt. Wait - he should be a Bolt!

I know this is a weird concept to grasp, but some teams have more than one really good player, and not everyone wants to be in the spotlight all the time.

Wow, gotta love that sarcasm.

I am talking more of the fact that the reasons for his recent success has been the result of him getting the top ice time as well as the preferred position, which he was not getting when Crosby was in the line up. Once he returns, Malkin will no longer be in such a fortunate position and his fortunes may suffer once again. All I am saying is that if he wishes to keep this kind of production up, he should break Crosby's knee or go somewhere where he can be guaranteed top minutes and position on the ice. True some layers can have less ice time and still thrive, but Malkin has showed us he is much more effective when he is eating up more minutes on a constant basis.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

It remains to be seen how Michel Therrien handles the situation when Crosby gets back (and admittedly, he's made more than his fair share of bonehead coaching decisions), but I see no reason why Malkin can't keep this up when he does. Assuming he keeps his linemates (Malone and Sykora) and Crosby gets paired with Armstrong and someone else, Malkin should continue to see incredible stats and log a great deal of icetime. He sure seems appreciative of the talent surrounding him and hasn't ever expressed a desire to go to a crappy team so he can be a "star." I'm sure he wants his big payday and a competitive team and I'm equally sure the Pens are going to make him a very wealthy man.

So I apologize for the sarcasm, I just thought it was weird that you decided to reply to a fairly innocuous post about the Penguins possibly trading for Ruutu with a light tirade about one of our young stars needing to get the hell out of dodge. I understand not every player can be like Mats Sundin, sticking with his organization through thick and thin, but come on.

It remains to be seen how Michel Therrien handles the situation when Crosby gets back (and admittedly, he's made more than his fair share of bonehead coaching decisions), but I see no reason why Malkin can't keep this up when he does. Assuming he keeps his linemates (Malone and Sykora) and Crosby gets paired with Armstrong and someone else, Malkin should continue to see incredible stats and log a great deal of icetime. He sure seems appreciative of the talent surrounding him and hasn't ever expressed a desire to go to a crappy team so he can be a "star." I'm sure he wants his big payday and a competitive team and I'm equally sure the Pens are going to make him a very wealthy man.

So I apologize for the sarcasm, I just thought it was weird that you decided to reply to a fairly innocuous post about the Penguins possibly trading for Ruutu with a light tirade about one of our young stars needing to get the hell out of dodge. I understand not every player can be like Mats Sundin, sticking with his organization through thick and thin, but come on.

What, you have never had a fantasy idea for a trade? ^_^

All I was trying to say is it is a possibility he may want out of there IF his production begins to slow down drastically once Crosby returns. He is a superstar who is slowly, but surely coming into his own. Yes he will see lots of success playing on the Penguins for years to come, but it will be at the expense of him never being fully able to tap his full potential, when he has been able to do in recent weeks with top minutes in every situation he pleases. It is for these reasons I can see him at some point, I am not saying this season or necessarily the next, that he may not sign with them right away or ask for a trade if he knows he can further his potential in another market.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Well The Sundin Sweeps is done. Mats wants to remain in Toronto, and I really respect him for that. Though I'm worried he'll retire after this year is over without a cup, a shame really.

As reported by tsn.

That's great news for Thrashers fans.

The price to acquire Hossa just got a little bit pricier.....

Well The Sundin Sweeps is done. Mats wants to remain in Toronto, and I really respect him for that. Though I'm worried he'll retire after this year is over without a cup, a shame really.

As reported by tsn.

That's great news for Thrashers fans.

The price to acquire Hossa just got a little bit pricier.....

Exactly. Unless DW screws this up, the Thrashers should get a great deal for Hossa.

Archived