NHL Trade Deadline

Colorado Avalanche

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adam Foote back to Colorado.

Next: they resign Claude Lemieux?

Patrick Roy comes out of retirement as well.

Don't you have to....be assured of making the playoffs before you sign the old guys?

Shoot....St. Louis might have decided the season's a lost cause....with them being only 2 points back of Colorado with a game in hand. :wacko:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm scratching my head over Montreal trading Huet.

I KNOW he's unrestricted at the end of the year, and you want to try to get something instead of losing him, but;

Montreal is a serious contender to win the East this year. They are a good team; not like last year when they fell apart after New Years. Huet has been the guy to carry them there. Price has had a good year, not great, he is still young, but has lots of potential. But in a spot to carry the team the rest of the way? WAAAAAAAAAAY to early...he handles pressure well but this is pretty huge. Its alot for a young player, barely 20 to handle. Worst trade since Theodore.

Washington got what they will need, a goalie to compliment Kolzig. I love Kolzig, but his train is close to the end of the line, and Washington will need a new goalie at some point in the near future. If they can convince Huet to stay then they will be good for a few years and can begin to really build the team around Ovie and have confidence in their netminder as well

I hope. Then Darren McCarty can mop the floor with him...again. If only Igor Larionov was still in Detroit to bloody ol' Forsberg again. Roy can get some of Osgood's right hook as well, I suppose.

I hope. Then Darren McCarty can mop the floor with him...again. If only Igor Larionov was still in Detroit to bloody ol' Forsberg again. Roy can get some of Osgood's right hook as well, I suppose.

I think McCarty would rather get a hold of Claude's credit cards.

Shoot....St. Louis might have decided the season's a lost cause....with them being only 2 points back of Colorado with a game in hand. :wacko:

Seriously, what the hell? Give up two of the more solid D for a couple of draft picks and some forward? Huh?

The only weirder trade was the Wild acquiring Simon, and that's it. Yeah, he'll be the key to a playoff run. Right.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

So it seems the Blue Jackets have officially decided to play for the future because Teddy Ruth is a GD college freshman. This is the latest they've ever packed it in though, usually they give up at the start of december. Maybe next year we'll only miss the playoffs by two spots.

excuse my pessimism. They are only five points out, but I don't see them making that up in the next month since they haven't made it up all season. If they do find a way to squeak into the playoffs and if Teddy Ruth becomes great then that is my face and I'll be happy, but I don't think it will happen.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I KNOW he's unrestricted at the end of the year, and you want to try to get something instead of losing him, but;

Montreal is a serious contender to win the East this year. They are a good team; not like last year when they fell apart after New Years. Huet has been the guy to carry them there. Price has had a good year, not great, he is still young, but has lots of potential. But in a spot to carry the team the rest of the way? WAAAAAAAAAAY to early...he handles pressure well but this is pretty huge. Its alot for a young player, barely 20 to handle. Worst trade since Theodore.

Washington got what they will need, a goalie to compliment Kolzig. I love Kolzig, but his train is close to the end of the line, and Washington will need a new goalie at some point in the near future. If they can convince Huet to stay then they will be good for a few years and can begin to really build the team around Ovie and have confidence in their netminder as well

Worst trade since Theodore? Hardly. Gainey knows he's got two solid, young netminders in Price and Halak. And you act like Huet was singlehandedly keeping the Habs in contention. He wasn't, and he's been really outplayed by Price as of late.

Worst trade since Theodore? Hardly. Gainey knows he's got two solid, young netminders in Price and Halak. And you act like Huet was singlehandedly keeping the Habs in contention. He wasn't, and he's been really outplayed by Price as of late.

Umm, Your a Habs fan right?

He's been outplayed of late, sure, but If I'm not mistaken it was pretty much a long battle between the 2 goalies, with Huet getting the nod a few more times than Price, and showing that he was the better goalie.

Now I'm a huge Bob Gainey fan and I hope for him that it works out well, but I think he may have jumped the gun on this one.

Hi, how are you?

Stars get Richards, YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Nice franchise player, WOAH!

Great trade. Unlike the Mavericks, it looks like the Stars are building for the present AND the future. Hate to lose Smith though.

I don't like losing Smith, but we Holmqvist who is a former #1 as our backup now.

So we really didnt lose any depth. Plus we have Tobidas Stephan in the AHL and in his 2 games this year he has a 1.97 GAA so really life is good in Stars Nation!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I think McCarty would rather get a hold of Claude's credit cards.

Or Liquor Cabinet!

- Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

So guess who just got canned?

Thats right everybody, old man Paddock!

I don't agree with this, I think they should have waited to see if he could have turned the ship around first before taking action.

I don't see this reversing the teams fortunes.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I don't agree with this, I think they should have waited to see if he could have turned the ship around first before taking action.

You say it as if we were 14th in the conference. It's a slump, I'm confident they can get back up to the level of play that we saw at the beginning of the year.

Personally I'm glad to see him go I never felt he was the right guy, Right from the get-go.

Hi, how are you?

You say it as if we were 14th in the conference. It's a slump, I'm confident they can get back up to the level of play that we saw at the beginning of the year.

Personally I'm glad to see him go I never felt he was the right guy, Right from the get-go.

A slump that has seen them lose 14 of the last 21 games.... so for about 1/4 of the overall season, they have lost more than just a simple majority of the game. Sounds like a little more than just a "slump" to me. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Thank God the Bolts got a new goalie, I didn't like Johan at all.

The Islanders got rid of Simon unfortunatley though, I liked the physical presence he brought with him.

I have mixed feelings about the Simon deal from the other end. Simon can give the Wild some more muscle up front, which is always a plus in the playoffs. On the other hand, that doesn't matter unless/until the Wild actually make the playoffs. In the meantime Simon won't do much to jumpstart the Minnesota offense, which has been fizzling out at the worst possible time of the year.

CCSLC signature.png

Stars get Richards, YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Nice franchise player, WOAH!

Great trade. Unlike the Mavericks, it looks like the Stars are building for the present AND the future. Hate to lose Smith though.

I don't like losing Smith, but we Holmqvist who is a former #1 as our backup now.

So we really didnt lose any depth. Plus we have Tobidas Stephan in the AHL and in his 2 games this year he has a 1.97 GAA so really life is good in Stars Nation!

For whatever reason the Stars are always stacked with goaltenders. So i wouldn't be surprised if Stephan does well if promoted to back up. They must of have saw something in him to go ahead and trade smith. Which i figure they are going to promote him next season. I also hate to see Jokinen go but he'll be a career 2nd liner at best so giving him up to get a legitimate first liner isn't too bad. I don't follow the stars much but i'm guessing most of the draft picks they have at forward are career 2nd liners and grinders.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Thank God the Bolts got a new goalie, I didn't like Johan at all.

The Islanders got rid of Simon unfortunatley though, I liked the physical presence he brought with him.

he was good when he played, emphasis on when he played. rest of the time he was on the inactive suspension list. so its not like we are giving up anything. He can go to minnesota and reside on the suspension list.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived