NHL Trade Deadline

Colorado Avalanche

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my god, I can't believe Huet just got traded. That was the last thing I was expecting. I know Carey Price has done well in playoffs in the Juniors and everything, and yes the opposite can be said about Huet's NHL playoffs success. But the fact of the matter is the Habs have 2 very solid goalies, and this just isn't the right time to make a trade in my opinion. Time is running out and it looks like Hossa will be going elsewhere.

Oh my god, I can't believe Huet just got traded. That was the last thing I was expecting. I know Carey Price has done well in playoffs in the Juniors and everything, and yes the opposite can be said about Huet's NHL playoffs success. But the fact of the matter is the Habs have 2 very solid goalies, and this just isn't the right time to make a trade in my opinion.

Unproven goalies aren't necessarily a playoff killer anymore. Look what Cam Ward did in Carolina few seasons ago. Price is a solid goaltender, and I think Montreal will handle the pressure of playing in front of a young goaltender just fine.

Just In: Adam Foote back to Colorado. Apparently the formula for success in Colorado is to get everyone who has ever played for them back again! First Forsberg, now Foote. Will Patrick Roy be coming out or retirement next?

*A little under and hour left! Where is Hossa going? Jokinen to follow?

It appears that Hossa is heading to Pittsburgh, giving Crosby and Malkin a player with some playoff experience. What a trio that would be.

As of now, its just a "rumor" , but it still could possibility be...

I would really like this, but, what worries me is.........who would they give for him? There were rumors of trading Conklin while hes still hot - something I hope they dont do, because a Conklin/Fleury Goalie rotation with Sabourin back in Wilkes Barre would work well IMO.

oBIgzrL.png

It appears that Hossa is heading to Pittsburgh, giving Crosby and Malkin a player with some playoff experience. What a trio that would be.

As of now, its just a "rumor" , but it still could possibility be...

Nope, it's a done deal.

I'd take no playoff experience over a playoff no-show any day.

Horrible trade for the Pens.

Christensen, Esposito, and Armstrong, oh and a 1st round pick.

They took out some of the major players on that penguins team for a snooty over-payed, under-achieving forward.

Hi, how are you?

But no immediate help...Way to go Cliff. A second rounder isn't bad for Hal though.

Its not guna get any more better than that for Gill lol.

Wow now the Pens are going to be even more stronger when Crosby comes back.

No one think Atlanta got a good deal ? I sure think they did.

Plus Hossa is pretty much a "rental-player", if he doesn't stay a Pen then Atlanta got the better deal.

Damit JFJ, we could of gotten alot for Sundin ! lol

4kv29i.jpg

Pens send Esposito, Christensen, Armstrong, and a first roudn pick to Atlanta for Hossa and Dupuis.

Bittersweet

Christensen was a great grinder of a player and money in shootouts. Armstrong was a huge part of the lockeroom personality of the team, a big hitter, and a close friend to Crosby. Also, Esposito was a promising prospect.

However, im optomistic. We got Hossa playign alongside Crosby (i see malkin staying with Malone and Sykora), Dupuis with Staal maybe, and a tough defenseman in Gill to help Orpik and Sydor pick up the physical play back there that Gonchar, Letang, and Scuderi dont deliver as much.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived