NHL Trade Deadline

Colorado Avalanche

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Penguins are going all in this year. If they don't win it may blow up in their face.

How I hope so

IMO Washington did the best and Montreal the worst (I mean a 2nd rounder for a playoff team's starting goalie!?)

It appears that Hossa is heading to Pittsburgh, giving Crosby and Malkin a player with some playoff experience. What a trio that would be.

I'd take no playoff experience over a playoff no-show any day.

Horrible trade for the Pens.

Christensen, Esposito, and Armstrong, oh and a 1st round pick.

They took out some of the major players on that penguins team for a snooty over-payed, under-achieving forward.

Seriously? All those players AND a 1st rounder? Even though we didn't a D-man like I had hoped for...I'm happy with this trade (except about losing Dupuis. I wanted to keep him.). The future's looking alright. :D Good luck with Hossa, maz.

Penguins are going all in this year. If they don't win it may blow up in their face.

How I hope so

IMO Washington did the best and Montreal the worst (I mean a 2nd rounder for a playoff team's starting goalie!?)

Do the names Ken Dryden and Patrick Roy ring a bell? Well they should, because soon Carey Price's name will be includeded with that group!!!1!111

/End Sarcasm

I believe Montreal had a deal in place or were trying to swing a deal and this was just a way to clear cap space. All I can say is I don't believe Price will go beyond the 2nd round, if he even makes it through the first round. He is good, but I don't think he is THAT great. But hey, those two players named above managed to do the impossible...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'm surprised nothing happened with our goalies, not that I wanted a move made, but it really sounded like it was going to happen.

I just hope Paddock gets demoted. It took 5 goals to take him out of the net, as opposed to that one time that he took out Gerber after 3.

Hi, how are you?

I'm surprised nothing happened with our goalies, not that I wanted a move made, but it really sounded like it was going to happen.

Especially with people talking about Emery as if he was already out of town.

Thrashers got a great deal considering there was no way Hossa was going to re-sign... and Pittsburgh will be shooting themselves if they re-sign him. Should have kept two-way and grinding forwards in Armstrong and Christensen. If Hossa re-signs, the Pens will turn into the Lightning with way too much money tied into a handful of players.

Personally I'm just disappointed the Oilers couldn't move Roloson or Sanderson out for even a 7th round pick.

I'm going with the "blow up in your face" I didn't think they were cup ready just yet. The injuries to Cros and Fleury were huge along with the loss of experience in Recchi and Roberts. Maybe they can keep Hossa instead of making him a rent-a-player. I was kinda sad to see Colby go of the ones leaving...although I'm not sure Erik could miss in a shootout (maybe Jarko is the new go to guy :P )

On the plus side...at least we're in the playoffs and buying a next level player instead of the way it's been over the last few years seeing Jagr, Kovie, etc be moved from us to a contender.

KISSwall09.jpg

I just hope Paddock gets demoted. It took 5 goals to take him out of the net, as opposed to that one time that he took out Gerber after 3.

First its Alfredsson last season, then Emery for most of this season and now its Paddock. Damn it Sens fans, can't you choose a scape goat and stick with it????

:P

I don't blame Paddock entirely for the fact the team as a whole doesn't want to work together anymore. Murray should have made some moves to remove the problems from the dressing room, but he didn't.

I stand by my pre-season claim that Murray is going to destroy what Muckler built. So far it seems to be coming true.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

First its Alfredsson last season, then Emery for most of this season and now its Paddock. Damn it Sens fans, can't you choose a scape goat and stick with it????

:P

I don't blame Paddock entirely for the fact the team as a whole doesn't want to work together anymore. Murray should have made some moves to remove the problems from the dressing room, but he didn't.

I stand by my pre-season claim that Murray is going to destroy what Muckler built. So far it seems to be coming true.

You and all your claims...

Ok I admit, I didn't like Alfie all that much a few years ago, but hey he was playing like :censored:, and didn't play like a captain. Now he has picked up his play, and yah I chose to forget about his :censored:ty play and become a fan of his again, sue me.

Just like I imagine if one of your guys plays horribly for a while and then comes back you would be back on with him.

Now I have not said to get rid of Emery, right now I don't think he should be starting or playing these many games, and personally I feel that Gerber deserves to start more games. I think we should keep both for the playoff run as opposed to getting some of the other available goalies.

I think Paddock is to blame with his win & you're in bull :censored:. Not to mention his constant line juggling.

You must be proud that all your claims are coming true about half a year into it.

Good for you!

Hi, how are you?

Ok I admit, I didn't like Alfie all that much a few years ago, but hey he was playing like :censored:, and didn't play like a captain. Now he has picked up his play, and yah I chose to forget about his :censored:ty play and become a fan of his again, sue me.

Just like I imagine if one of your guys plays horribly for a while and then comes back you would be back on with him.

Now I have not said to get rid of Emery, right now I don't think he should be starting or playing these many games, and personally I feel that Gerber deserves to start more games. I think we should keep both for the playoff run as opposed to getting some of the other available goalies.

I think Paddock is to blame with his win & you're in bull :censored:. Not to mention his constant line juggling.

You must be proud that all your claims are coming true about half a year into it.

Good for you!

3/4 of the way through. ;)

I am proud that I have been right so far. It feels good to gloat sometimes, especially when I don't have much to be proud of these days, lol.

I really do believe that this problem is beyond Paddocks control. I believe this whole idea of a problematic dressing room where some players may not want to work properly with others and as a result, he is forced to try and make new lines with players who aren't at odds with each other. Either way, I believe what is going on is something we know nothing about and to throw the coach under the bus as a result is a little premature. Give it more time.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Good for you!

I am proud that I have been right so far. It feels good to gloat sometimes, especially when I don't have much to be proud of these days, lol.

I really do believe that this problem is beyond Paddocks control. I believe this whole idea of a problematic dressing room where some players may not want to work properly with others and as a result, he is forced to try and make new lines with players who aren't at odds with each other. Either way, I believe what is going on is something we know nothing about and to throw the coach under the bus as a result is a little premature. Give it more time.

Well the players don't seem to respond to Paddock, countless players have said that they don't think the win & you're in thing is the way to go. Which leads me to believe that it's not the only thing the players agree with.

it's been 6 months since the pre-season, so half a year.

Hi, how are you?

Good for you!

Well the players don't seem to respond to Paddock, countless players have said that they don't think the win & you're in thing is the way to go. Which leads me to believe that it's not the only thing the players agree with.

But it is 3/4 through the season!!

I think most teams follow the win & you're in philosophy though. You want to ride the hot hand and not let someone who is down on their luck toil between the pipes. Heck, even more teams reward players who are putting in effort with more ice time or promoting them on the lines. This isn't a foreign concept and I am sure most coaches employ it to some extent. So that is a poor excuse on the players part for blaming their inability to mesh as a team on an almost normal coaching style.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Good for you!

But it is 3/4 through the season!!

I think most teams follow the win & you're in philosophy though. You want to ride the hot hand and not let someone who is down on their luck toil between the pipes. Heck, even more teams reward players who are putting in effort with more ice time or promoting them on the lines. This isn't a foreign concept and I am sure most coaches employ it to some extent. So that is a poor excuse on the players part for blaming their inability to mesh as a team on an almost normal coaching style.

3/4 of the regular season then yah, but when you started talking about the pre-season then that would mean you were including the regular season in your claim which is why i said half a year, yes it's 3/4 of the season I get it, don't get your panties in a bunch.

It's not the normal "playing the hot Goalie" philosophy, for example:

Gerber is hot but he loses by one goal, a good goal that seems hard to stop. So the next game goes to Emery and we win 6-5, 5 questionable goals that he should have stopped. Well Emery get's the start for a game where he let in 5 questionable goals.

So it's not the same philosophy as most of the other NHL teams.

Hi, how are you?

3/4 of the regular season then yah, but when you started talking about the pre-season then that would mean you were including the regular season in your claim which is why i said half a year, yes it's 3/4 of the season I get it, don't get your panties in a bunch.

It's not the normal "playing the hot Goalie" philosophy, for example:

Gerber is hot but he loses by one goal, a good goal that seems hard to stop. So the next game goes to Emery and we win 6-5, 5 questionable goals that he should have stopped. Well Emery get's the start for a game where he let in 5 questionable goals.

So it's not the same philosophy as most of the other NHL teams.

Fair enough, that is a weird idea, but heck, it seemed to work for most of the season...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived