Fixing the Edmonton Oilers

jkrdevil

Alright I am starting somewhat on a series of fixing some of the edge uniforms that were released this year now that I have a good edge template (Thanks, Speedy). First up is the Edmonton Oilers. This one is sort of a mix of what they had previous which I like and a mix of their dynasty uniforms which their is a clamoring to go back too. It was easy to sort of mix the two as they were already similar. I kept the navy and copper but changed the red to the orange of the Oilers dynasty uniforms. I also used orange more than red currently is used but tried to keep a balance with the copper. I brought back the shoulder yokes from the dynasty uniforms except I used blue and copper instead of the orange. I also brought back the orange cuffs from the dynasty uniforms. Comments and criticism is welcomes. As for the template I used Speedy's new template for the first time and found it rather helpful.

oilers-edge.gif

Wow. The copper and orange is NOT working for me. They really, really clash.

Everything else is pretty much right (I think I would prefer blue cuffs on the away, but that's not a major issue). However, I think you need to pick either orange or copper and stick with just one of them (adding red accents back in would also be an option)

Alright I am starting somewhat on a series of fixing some of the edge uniforms that were released this year now that I have a good edge template (Thanks, Speedy...and GBM....). First up is the Edmonton Oilers. This one is sort of a mix of what they had previous which I like and a mix of their dynasty uniforms which their is a clamoring to go back too. It was easy to sort of mix the two as they were already similar. I kept the navy and copper but changed the red to the orange of the Oilers dynasty uniforms. I also used orange more than red currently is used but tried to keep a balance with the copper. I brought back the shoulder yokes from the dynasty uniforms except I used blue and copper instead of the orange. I also brought back the orange cuffs from the dynasty uniforms. Comments and criticism is welcomes. As for the template I used Speedy's new template for the first time and found it rather helpful.

oilers-edge.gif

Fixed that for ya, just kidding though man, haha.

I agree. Beige and orange don't work together. Again, pick one because this is a good idea, but it doesn't look right at all.

I agree with the idea that the orange does not work. Nevertheless, it's an improvement over the uninspired crap they have now.

Without the orange, these would be much like the previous unform, which is great in my book.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'll tell you how to fix the them...bring back the sweaters of their 80s glory.

wayne_gretzky.jpg

That blue & orange clash--people seem to like them because of the association with Gretzky, Messier, Fuhr, etc.

The current colours are so much more pleasing to the eye.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived