Utah Football switching to Under Armour

Ry

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This quote speaks volumes:

The Utes have been with Nike for more than 10 years, but were unhappy with the service the company gave them as one of their smaller clients. Often, Utah's colors were mismatched reds and shipment orders were delayed.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I kinda figured this was going to happen. My old college roommate is a coach there and when he was in town all the coaches were in Under Armour polos. He still owes me a T-Shirt so I'm sure to not have inside info on what they'll look like.

As long as the Utes don't end up looking like either the South Carolina Gamecocks or the North Texas Mean Green, I'll be cool.

But then..maybe Under Armour might devise a new template that may be even more crazy than either of those two schools... :wacko:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

As a die hard, big time, huge , huge, HUGE Utah fan, I really don't know what to think of this. I've always wanted them to use black more minimally and use more white as a secondary, but IDK waht UA is going to do about that. I wouldnt mind seeing my Utes in the same template as MArylands, of course minus the gold and with a red helmet. But no matter how they look next year, I'm, still going strong rooting for my Utes!! I'M A UTAH MAN!!!!!!! GOOOOOOOO UTES!!!!!

P.S: Nice pic of Bryan Johnson (QB), the next great Utah legend!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I like the move, UA is a good brand, I would trust them.

I think you can trust any brand if you're going ot stick up for your team and say that certain things are either going to be hands off or that you'll just take what you get. If Miami, and all these other Nike schools that every one hammers for their unique looks, said no to Nike, There would still be no piping and Oregon would have the athetic yellow helmets with the boring interlock U and O. That said, I reserve judgement until I see it, but expect it to be kinda of like Texas Tech or USC.

I like the move, UA is a good brand, I would trust them.

I think you can trust any brand if you're going ot stick up for your team and say that certain things are either going to be hands off or that you'll just take what you get. If Miami, and all these other Nike schools that every one hammers for their unique looks, said no to Nike, There would still be no piping and Oregon would have the athetic yellow helmets with the boring interlock U and O. That said, I reserve judgement until I see it, but expect it to be kinda of like Texas Tech or USC.

I was just going off the material of the jersy, not the design. my bad.

And you have a good point, we need some modern uniforms.

As long as the Utes don't end up looking like either the South Carolina Gamecocks or the North Texas Mean Green, I'll be cool.

But then..maybe Under Armour might devise a new template that may be even more crazy than either of those two schools... :wacko:

I agree with this statement. I hope Utah goes back to more of red and white and leave the black to a minimum.

sig.jpg

In a completely unrelated topic, watch as UA becomes a uniform conglomerate! Soon they'll take over the NFL uni contract and charge like craploads of money for a silk screen jersey, and charge $300-$400 for an authentic!

But Reebok does that already. An authentic Browns jersey is $250 and a more intricately designed uni is $300 so it's not a stretch to see this happen sooner then later. But I can't see UA taking over the NFL and if they do the majority of the teams won't allow them to draw up a crazy new design for them.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

In a completely unrelated topic, watch as UA becomes a uniform conglomerate! Soon they'll take over the NFL uni contract and charge like craploads of money for a silk screen jersey, and charge $300-$400 for an authentic!

When UnderArmour manages to take a major client from Nike (Ohio State, Florida, LSU, Texas, Miami) then they will be a uniform conglomerate. Until then, they are still on the same level as Russell Athletic in the uniform game.

If they do, however, nab a major program, it ought to be adidas, not Nike, who should take notice. adidas is currently in the #2 position in both NCAA football and basketball uniforms behind Nike. UnderArmour is more of a threat to them than they are to Nike, at this moment.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Under Armour will go bankrupt before they over take Nike as a the top uniform provider.

They may be playing themselves off as big boys on the block but they are minor league when compared to Nike and Addidas; both of whom have a major world presence in multiple sports.

I do applaud U.A. for the attempt to bring more competition to the market place. Competition is a good thing for consumers.

I've noticed UA is trying to make inroads in soccer and basketball this season. I think they are even trying to get an EPL team to wear Under Armour starting next season as they are making serious inroads in England and Europe.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 1 month later...

Archived