Atlanta Thrashers concept

elliott

Hi guys, I wanted to take a break from my Redesigning the NFL thread and post my first hockey concept in a while. I will still be putting updates onto my Signature thread.

So I'm gonna explain my thinking behind this Thrashers concept, read it if you want.

A) Everyone here hates the Thrashers home template. Everyone loves the road template. So I used the road template (for the shoulders) on the home and away.

B ) I know 99% of the people on this board aren't from Atlanta, but the "true blue" thing is really big here. When you go to Thrashers games, most real fans are wearing a light blue jersey. Not many white ones around, and the old navy/ red shoulders are diminishing in appearance. So, I kept that...if they took away those jerseys fans here wouldn't know what to think.

C) I always liked the "bird head" motif on the jerseys, so I brought those back to the bottom hem and kept it consistent with other striping.

D) Here is my thinking behind the actual striping. Notice in 1)that the small amount of red disappears against the navy, like they have on their current roads, but in 2) the red and navy are separated by white, making the colors "pop" more(the current home stripe). I noticed that in 3) when the light blue was taken away, the red and navy still show up, and the striping and finally be consistent between the home and away jerseys!!

thrashersstripe.gif

E) For the alternate, I brought back the old template from their original jerseys. I have always loved this template, but I have also always been interested in seeing what the Thrashers would look like with no red at all. So, I re-colored both logos and used light blue shoulders on the navy jersey.

F) The pants are new. Obviously the alternate pants had to be different to get rid of the red.

So without further ado, here is the concept. C+C is appreciated, I hope you like it. Click it for the biggest size on your computer so your can see the more finer details.

Yetanotherthrashersconcept2.gif

Meh, they're alright. I guess the reason I don't really like them is because I'm a huge fan of the current home, I love it. I do like that you kept the true blue/blueland theme going. My suggestion is to instead of creating a home to match the away jerseys try making an away to match the current homes. Obviously not the one armed thing but maybe with both arms having striping. I do like the addition of the waist striping. I think that was a big part of the jerseys before rbk came along.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

Meh, they're alright. I guess the reason I don't really like them is because I'm a huge fan of the current home, I love it. I do like that you kept the true blue/blueland theme going. My suggestion is to instead of creating a home to match the away jerseys try making an away to match the current homes. Obviously not the one armed thing but maybe with both arms having striping. I do like the addition of the waist striping. I think that was a big part of the jerseys before rbk came along.

Wow, it seems to be a rarity around here for someone to like the home template. Besides the one-arm thing, I also hate it because the piping on the shoulders and the side panels are switched. We've seen it before around here, though, to make the away match the home. So I was just trying something new. But thanks for your comments.

Very very very nice. The alternate is really as if you were just messing around in MS Paint, but the rest is amazing. I never thought this combining the eras jersey would work, but it does very well.

If you need some inspirtion for future concepts, make a white version of Atlanta down the sleeve, and make one that looks good. Good job again.

The home and away jerseys are really nice. The sleeve striping is nice, and it would really fit in with today's EDGEy style uniforms. If you were trying to make the home jersey's colors pop out at you, then mission accomplished, friend. They really pop better than the colors on the current uniform. The away jersey is also solid. Overall, this is better than what they have now.

That alt on the other hand...ew. But other than that, fantastic job!

EDIT: And elliot is right...most of you guys on here absolutely DESPISE the current home jerseys...but go to Philips Arena for a hockey game, and mostly every fan is wearing that jersey like it's the best in the league. I don't know what it is, but people LOVE those jerseys, and I'm guessing that's gonna become tradition since the fans love it and all...

thrashersalt.gif

Here is my new alternate design. C+C is appreciated.

Very nice. Definitely an improvement from the original alternates. My only gripe would be maybe keeping the sleeves consistent on all 3. I like the design on the alternate and the home/away, but if they were all the same I think the overall concept would be better.

Archived