Celtics Away

friedfish

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are wonderful and should replace the regular away, which should be relegated to "rewind alternate" status.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think they should get rid of the green and blacks in general and use the green and golds as alts.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Can anyone match the Celtics in their usage of 4 different styles of the same color uniform over the last two seasons?

22834191.jpgt1_pierce2.jpgimg.82253_t.jpgKGFade.jpg

You could even throw a fifth one out there, but this one never made it into a game in North America ...

fullj.getty-77058158ge030_celtic_raptor.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Can anyone match the Celtics in their usage of 4 different styles of the same color uniform over the last two seasons?

22834191.jpg

image, image, image

You could even throw a fifth one out there, but this one never made it into a game in North America ...

The gold should be their alt.

Those idiots need to settle on one green jersey and if they insist on having an alternate they need to make it a different color.

They don't need another alternate. They're the Celtics and them having alternates would be akin to the Yankees having an alternate.

But if the Celtics insist on an alternate, put me down for green and gold. Green and black (just like royal blue and black) look bad together.

Those idiots need to settle on one green jersey and if they insist on having an alternate they need to make it a different color.

I remember crunching the numbers on alternates before. Frankly, of all teams with alternate jerseys, one has white as an alternate (Lakers), one has an alternate in the same color as a primary (Celtics), and three introduced a new color exclusively for an alternate (Wizards, Kings, and Nuggets). It breaks from the monotony of teams just using their second color, i.e. Clippers have red, so their alt is blue. Pistons are blue, so their alt is red. It seems to be too commonplace, so I commend the above teams for trying something different.

Having said that, the Celtics only have one primary color other than white, so they had no choice except option 2. or 3. above... I like the black trim because it's modern. Just use it in moderation. Teams cannot hold onto the same uniforms forever, unless they play in the NFL.

I have a feeling that the Celtics wanted a reversal of colors for their third (black, green numbers, white outline) but that is when the league was keeping black unis down. I'm torn with the Celtics. On one hand, you have the classic unis which have barely changed over the years and you don't need an accent color. On the other hand, you have modernization which can be done tastefully. I would think they would infuse black the way Duke Univ. did with their accent colors and three sets of unis. The problem with the NBA is that they are allowed to wear throwbacks and alts so much, the roads are forgotten (Cavs red anyone??)

KISSwall09.jpg

Frankly, the fact that the Boston Celtics succumbed to the alternate uniform trend sickens me. Sartorially, there was absolutely no need to do so. None. While the Green-and-Gold combination is superior to the abysmal Green-and-Black monstrosity, I find both to be abominations. Bottom line? The Boston Celtics are the type of storied professional sports franchise that should eschew fads like alternate uniforms at all costs.

I wish they'd use the 'BOSTON' away jerseys full time. They look classic and appropriate. You are generally supposed to wear the name of your city on an away jersey (although many teams don't do it now) I've always found it to look much better when teams put the place where they're from on the front of their away jersey. Call me old fashioned.

Archived