Celtics Away

friedfish

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why does everyone hate the blackish ones? I actually think they're almost as nice as the classic aways. Just cause they're "modern: doesn't mean they have to be bad.

Black does not necessarily mean modern. It just means "hey, let's sell some more jerseys!"

That said, for a team with as much tradition as the Celtics, Green and White should be the only colors they wear.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Can anyone match the Celtics in their usage of 4 different styles of the same color uniform over the last two seasons?

22834191.jpg

image, image, image

You could even throw a fifth one out there, but this one never made it into a game in North America ...

The gold should be their alt.

I agree but would the current style of their alt, just use the gold colors, if any of that makes sense...

I do like the green and gold better than their green and black - but it's too Notre Dame for me.

Yeah it is but it is still sweet!

While on the topic of the Celtics green and gold, does anyone here have vector files of the St. Patrick's Day uniforms when the NBA wore them a couple of years ago? Any help would be fantastic.

I dont mind what they have now really, but as a life long celtics fan it really bugs me that lately it seems their regular aways have just been forgotten, i think they should where their regular aways at least 4/5ths of the time. Also the throwback goes wayback to the 60's, for most of their history theyve worn the ones they where now.

I like the design of the alternates, I just can do without the black. If they substitute the black with white or gold, I would have no problem with it.

Personally, I like all the variations they have, although I agree that if you had to limit the alternates to 1, take the style of the green/black version and substitue all the black with gold, and I think you'd have the winner!!

Bottom line, with KG, Pierce, Allen, Rondo, and the boys, they look better in anything than they have since the day Larry walked away, and it's about freaking time!!!!

I wish they'd use the 'BOSTON' away jerseys full time. They look classic and appropriate. You are generally supposed to wear the name of your city on an away jersey (although many teams don't do it now) I've always found it to look much better when teams put the place where they're from on the front of their away jersey. Call me old fashioned.

I agree! Those look supremely classic and distinctive.

I like the away unis with the gold, but the first thing I thought when I saw them was "Notre Dame".

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

• 4 weeks later...

Green+Gold>life itself

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

It seems like the team got tired of wearing a green jersey that's 50+ years old. Personally, I think the black/green alt...I mean Road jersey is permanent. It shouldn't take long for the team to introduce an new alternate, which will be a white version of the green/black.

Archived