New A"s hat alt. hat.

HatManTC

I'm guessing the A's will wear that hideous black alternate cap and jersey for one year like they did in 2000 and return to their current green alternates for the third time. I hope that happens. It's rare for a team to ditch a jersey one year and bring it back the next. I'd save the green alternate jersey if I were an A's fan,because it juuust might come back.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm guessing the A's will wear that hideous black alternate cap and jersey for one year like they did in 2000 and return to their current green alternates for the third time. I hope that happens. It's rare for a team to ditch a jersey one year and bring it back the next. I'd save the green alternate jersey if I were an A's fan,because it juuust might come back.

Why wouldn't an A's fan keep their green jersey? I mean who throws out a jersey if its not worn anymore, thats silly.

Hell I bought a black flyers jersey last summer knowing it was getting changed!

These were the best hats (and unis) the A's have worn.

sp_athletics.jpg

Anybody know where I can get one?

You're not likely to find one anywhere, since that was a 4th of July one-off worn only one year. Your best bet would be to have someone make one for you.

Or, you could buy a 1987-90 White Sox jersey.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

YAY! Another blue/red team in the league. HOORAY for uniformity.

It was one day, a 4th of July celebration.

You could say the same about camo uniforms, or pink.

more a response to the original poster who said it was "the best hat the A's have ever worn", regardless of one-off holiday status. but thanks anyway!

Wow you guys are picky in the weirdest way possible...come on.

Now, now. You've been on this board longer than that.... :P

I know, I know...but sometimes some of these people kill me. Like the world is going to end because they decided to reverse a few colors on a hat.

Setting aside the fact that nobody seems to have reacted in the manner you suggest (in fact, most of the responses are quite measured and balanced), adding a new color to a team's scheme, especially black, usually elicits a response.

Not really cool to belittle the opinions of your fellow posters, even in jest.

Setting aside the fact that nobody seems to have reacted in the manner you suggest (in fact, most of the responses are quite measured and balanced), adding a new color to a team's scheme, especially black, usually elicits a response.

First time black has been introduced to the A's color scheme? Wow. I guess I must have imagined what I was thinking. I saw a few choice words and expressions that just seemed a little ridiculous, that's all.

These were the best hats (and unis) the A's have worn.

sp_athletics.jpg

Anybody know where I can get one?

I has them. not selling mind you but i still got them. they rule

the fourth of july hat was sold still even in 2007.

absolutely awesome uniform. this is something they should bring back. it may be used for the fourth of july but ties in the colors of the philadelphia franchise. much better than the new alt.

First time black has been introduced to the A's color scheme? Wow. I guess I must have imagined what I was thinking. I saw a few choice words and expressions that just seemed a little ridiculous, that's all.

Not first time introduced, but being re-introduced. They had a black jersey a couple years ago that they wore sparingly then mothballed. But it's back, hence the cap.

And I maintain that it's not cool to belittle the opinions of others, especially on a very tame thread such as this one.

Archived