New A"s hat alt. hat.

HatManTC

Setting aside the fact that nobody seems to have reacted in the manner you suggest (in fact, most of the responses are quite measured and balanced), adding a new color to a team's scheme, especially black, usually elicits a response.

Not really cool to belittle the opinions of your fellow posters, even in jest.

First time black has been introduced to the A's color scheme? Wow. I guess I must have imagined what I was thinking. I saw a few choice words and expressions that just seemed a little ridiculous, that's all.

Not first time introduced, but being re-introduced. They had a black jersey a couple years ago that they wore sparingly then mothballed. But it's back, hence the cap.

And I maintain that it's not cool to belittle the opinions of others, especially on a very tame thread such as this one.

C-H-I-L-L. I'm not 16.

I think the hat looks good, I gave my opinion. I think the comments of shock and surprise were a little much, another opinion.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the hat looks good, I gave my opinion. I think the comments of shock and surprise were a little much, another opinion.

And, as a final word before I let it go, that's where opinions cross the line.

Opinions about design are always welcome in any form.

Opinions about posters get really murky really quickly. That's a very gray area. Not picking on you, but a little respect for others goes a long way.

It's hard for me to say anything bad about the A's drastically changing colors. As much as I like the green and yellow, it was drastic at the time they did it and now it has become tradition.

This black shift is not as original (even for the A's -- see 2000) but it seems in line with their history. Much like the White Sox switching every few years before they landed on their current set.

I think there's room for all types in MLB. And the A's -- as I've said about the Rockies before -- can fit in the category that bucks tradition. I wish they had done it in a different way since black seems played out (from Giants, Orioles and Pirates in my youth to those three plus A's, White Sox, Royals, Mets, Reds, Marlins, Devil Rays, Rockies, Rangers, Astros, Blue Jays, Diamondbacks at various points -- wow, did I forget anyone?), but I think it's an upgrade to their previous version.

If the A's overdo it with this, some other team should jump on green in a few years. Too bad the Devil Rays just dumped it.

It's hard for me to say anything bad about the A's drastically changing colors. As much as I like the green and yellow, it was drastic at the time they did it and now it has become tradition.

This black shift is not as original (even for the A's -- see 2000) but it seems in line with their history. Much like the White Sox switching every few years before they landed on their current set.

I hear ya, but it has been a long time since the A's were a wild-and-crazy color-changing team. The A's now pretty much own green and yellow, and they have since 1968. You see green and yellow, you think "Oakland." Could the A's do something new and distinctive with their color scheme? Absolutely. But switching to black makes them less distinctive in their own metro area.

If the A's overdo it with this, some other team should jump on green in a few years. Too bad the Devil Rays just dumped it.

Agreed on the Rays. Regarding green, I wish the Red Sox would switch from Yankees blue to Devil Rays green. Not sure who in the National League should wear green, but somebody should. No, I take that back. I think the Rockies should use green instead of black and adjust their shade of purple to match.

20082614447.png

Yeah, the hat's not the best, but look at it this way--it could've been teal....or purple, for that matter.

Other than that, I think the jersey's not that bad looking. It's certainly not as bad as the 70s glow-in-the-dark colors.

"Well, they made that change uptown and The Big Man joined the band."

--Bruce Springsteen

"10th Avenue Freeze-Out"

These were the best hats (and unis) the A's have worn.

sp_athletics.jpg

Anybody know where I can get one?

Strangely enough, they probably sell them in the team shop. When I saw in A's three years ago, they were still selling the old road cap (green with white A's) and the turn the clock ahead hat. So, I would try there first. Also, does anyone know what year these were worn?

sp_athletics.jpg

Strangely enough, they probably sell them in the team shop. When I saw in A's three years ago, they were still selling the old road cap (green with white A's) and the turn the clock ahead hat. So, I would try there first. Also, does anyone know what year these were worn?

2001, I believe.

9461708.jpg

The only valid question here is, "Is this the worst on-field cap and/or alternate uniform of all time, or merely of the twenty-first century?" I'm on the fence, but I'm leaning toward "of all time."

If Oakland wears these against the Giants, San Francisco should take the field sporting this:

2335029813_79e39b1737.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

sp_athletics.jpg

2001, I believe.

I know they sell them at Oakland Colisseum. I've also seen them in Lids since they did the A's hats in Atlanta like colors. I like the red white and blue A's hat too might have to get one the next time I see one.

Archived